Community Focus

Old 03-04-2013, 02:56 PM #1
Ruben808
RobbinRuben

Ruben808 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Ruben808 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ruben808 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Switching positions snake to dorito

I usually play snake but my coach wants me to play dorito because our other guy just left the team. Ive never played dorito side before and i need some pointers. I know theres a "dorito 101" thread, but that was just random bits and pieces. Anyone got some sold info and tips? My team is planing to play MAPL/GPL and EPL this year.

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:04 PM #2
NickRowell
Did you read the rules?

NickRowell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NickRowell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NickRowell supports Team VICIOUS
NickRowell supports Team VICIOUS
NickRowell supports Pev's Paintball
Always use the bunkers to your advantage. ie, if you can't pop your head out then move the bunker with your barrel. Make sure you can snap we'll, as it's mainly just going to be a snap battle between you and the back center and on your tape. BE GOOD AT KEEPING YOUR GUN UP. Laning is a good idea off break. What I do is off break double up on back center for 5-10 seconds to get the lanes off of you then run and gun back center until you hit Dorito 1. Be very aggressive, your gonna be leading your team yardage wise. Get your gun skills better, other than that it's mainly just getting good at gun skills and snapping

MARQ CLAN
You Know You Want My Rotor!
NickRowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:33 PM #3
inferno2inferno

I have found that on the dorito side you really have to be aware of not only your surroundings but also of your body position. Since you are only covered by one bunker, you have to be conservative with your posture as to be able to shoot without exposing yourself from another side of the bunker. Another thing to keep in mind is getting used to snapping from a variety of stances due to the triangular shape of the bunker. Unlike cans for example, you always have to gauge which posture to take for snapping since the higher your posture the more you expose yourself. Hope this helps!
inferno2inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:40 PM #4
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
The first thing to consider is what dorito players are doing when you shoot them from the snake. Figure out what mistakes tend to lead to their elimination, and make sure you aren't making them.

I usually notice two mistakes snake players make when they try their first event on dorito side:

1. They play the doritos standing up, or in a power stance, rather than taking a knee like they should. The shape of the dorito offers you more protection the lower you get. Your angles will still be good close to the ground.

2. They stay tucked in when people shoot at them. As a dorito player, it's your job to control the snake and move up the field. You will not win games if you aren't fighting for more ground, unless your snake side is demolishing the other team. You can't count on this because a good coach will have his guys shoot multiple snake lanes if they notice that's where you're establishing the upper hand.

The best thing to do is for you to watch pro games online (PSP) and pay attention to the posture and habits of pro dorito players. Recognize how they position themselves, where they shoot, when they move, and what they're doing when they get shot. Apply it to your game. Make sure you do well with off hand shooting (i.e. shooting righty out the left side of your bunker) - this can keep you alive if your corner dies and the snake is putting pressure on you.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:26 AM #5
Ctop10
Spray and Pray

Ctop10 is playing at Living Legends VII
Ctop10 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Ctop10 supports Team VICIOUS
Ctop10 is an NCPA player
Ctop10 plays in the APPA D4 division
D side is very easy to get accustomed to. Stay low and keep that gun up. Many D players get themself in a tight spot because they take ground too fast. If the inside is out, all you have to do is put your tape in and move up. Also, pay attention to the layouts. If the Doritos overlap in the center you can shoot the corner there and literally crawl your way up. Since you are used to playing tight in snake you should have no issue trying D-side.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:36 PM #6
dps093
My position=Deadbox

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben808 View Post
I usually play snake but my coach wants me to play dorito because our other guy just left the team. Ive never played dorito side before and i need some pointers. I know theres a "dorito 101" thread, but that was just random bits and pieces. Anyone got some sold info and tips? My team is planing to play MAPL/GPL and EPL this year.

Thanks.
I normally play snake, but occasionally I play d-side. Taking a knee is very necessary, and you have to control your position. Keep your tape in, and then bump up when you can. What you do though depends on the layout, who you're playing, and how well your team is doing. By the way, I play in the MAPL as well, what team are you playing for? See you out there
Old 03-05-2013, 03:05 PM #7
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
The first thing to consider is what dorito players are doing when you shoot them from the snake. Figure out what mistakes tend to lead to their elimination, and make sure you aren't making them.

I usually notice two mistakes snake players make when they try their first event on dorito side:

1. They play the doritos standing up, or in a power stance, rather than taking a knee like they should. The shape of the dorito offers you more protection the lower you get. Your angles will still be good close to the ground.

2. They stay tucked in when people shoot at them. As a dorito player, it's your job to control the snake and move up the field. You will not win games if you aren't fighting for more ground, unless your snake side is demolishing the other team. You can't count on this because a good coach will have his guys shoot multiple snake lanes if they notice that's where you're establishing the upper hand.

The best thing to do is for you to watch pro games online (PSP) and pay attention to the posture and habits of pro dorito players. Recognize how they position themselves, where they shoot, when they move, and what they're doing when they get shot. Apply it to your game. Make sure you do well with off hand shooting (i.e. shooting righty out the left side of your bunker) - this can keep you alive if your corner dies and the snake is putting pressure on you.
This! A million times, this!!

One thing I wanted to clarify though, when playing "on your knees" ALWAYS keep one foot planted so you can get up and move faster.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:54 PM #8
Harrison57
Muppet Mower

Harrison57 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Harrison57 supports Team VICIOUS
Harrison57 plays in the APPA beginner division
Harrison57 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Harrison57 supports DLX Technology
Practice your snapping. Most of the time you will be snap battling the other dorito player. Stay tight on that bunker and you should be fine.
PROVIDENCE PROPAGANDA#57

SUNGLASS SALE!!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3946333
Harrison57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:29 PM #9
Ruben808
RobbinRuben

Ruben808 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Ruben808 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ruben808 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
awesome sauce. Im not too worried about my snapping abilities since I do a lot of pump tournaments as well. But I will keep that in mind. Would anyone prefer body slides of knee slides? Or vice versa?
Old 04-07-2013, 03:56 PM #10
Thnder.Cole.5
Charleston Thunder #5

Thnder.Cole.5 is playing at Living Legends VI
Thnder.Cole.5 supports Team VICIOUS
Thnder.Cole.5 plays in the APPA beginner division
Thnder.Cole.5 supports DLX Technology
you have to tilt your gun in like crazy. i am on a 3man team and i play right side so both snake and dorito is like the back of my hand just angle more on doritos
Thnder.Cole.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:01 AM #11
FalconPunchKid
UNKOWN

Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post

All of this is really great.

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:54 AM #12
Kindadinosaur

Kindadinosaur supports DLX Technology
Dorito is the same concept as snake, but with bigger bunkers. most D side players don't play with a back. Make sure you watch your tape. Its easier to get shots on cross field. You can stand behind thegt bigger bunkers without worrying about getting shot out. Just make sure you have good communication and look for the next move.
Kindadinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:00 AM #13
DLPB23

DLPB23 supports Team VICIOUS
DLPB23 supports DLX Technology
Snakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
DLPB23 is offline   Reply With Quote