Community Focus

Old 03-07-2013, 03:40 PM #22
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanLiera View Post
It has to mean something
Why isn't their that many on eclipse forums??
Because Eclipse's design philosophy is to make subpar guns that are bulletproof instead of good guns that require effort. The Ego is like the Toyota of the high end world: utterly reliable and completely unimpressive in every other way. Egos are loud, they kick harder than most other poppits, aren't impressively efficient or anything else. They just work though, all the time. If that is what you value then you will be hard pressed to beat an Eclipse gun for reliability.

But there are much better performing guns out there.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2013, 03:41 PM #23
BatmanLiera

Lube problems
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3945269
BatmanLiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:43 PM #24
BatmanLiera

These are just in the first page I didn't dig into more pages
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3941974
Old 03-07-2013, 06:25 PM #25
savagemwb
SavageMWB

Lol..... Eeeesh

I don't mind taking care of my gear. I know PE guns are like AK's - put em through hell and back and they still shoot and there's hardly any maintainence. But these GT problems are sketch, as much as I like the marker
savagemwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:42 PM #26
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
You need to look at how many of those issues are users being stupid and how many are actually the gun's fault. As a regular in the BL forums I can say that the number of issues people have with their guns that are entirely their own fault is staggering. Other than the screens I bet most of those problems are people being idiots. If you aren't an idiot, you won't have a problem.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:21 PM #27
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
You need to look at how many of those issues are users being stupid and how many are actually the gun's fault.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:53 PM #28
BatmanLiera

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
You need to look at how many of those issues are users being stupid and how many are actually the gun's fault. As a regular in the BL forums I can say that the number of issues people have with their guns that are entirely their own fault is staggering. Other than the screens I bet most of those problems are people being idiots. If you aren't an idiot, you won't have a problem.
What if their is another "batch" like the screen batch
And I do not see a lot of problems I. The bob long section and specially not "batches" or from the factory
Every bob long gun is inspected and shot over a chrono 3 times
Some gts have leaked straight from the company and yes changing one simple oring is a fix or removing excess lube. Wtf??? Their not tested before they leave???
Old 03-07-2013, 07:55 PM #29
BatmanLiera

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagemwb View Post
Lol..... Eeeesh

I don't mind taking care of my gear. I know PE guns are like AK's - put em through hell and back and they still shoot and there's hardly any maintainence. But these GT problems are sketch, as much as I like the marker
Me being broke and sensible
I would probably cry wen I got a brand new gt and it was over lubed or an oring was bad or a screen was bad or any stuff like that
Old 03-07-2013, 08:01 PM #30
BatmanLiera

http://www.macdev.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=484
Old 03-08-2013, 04:30 AM #31
Harribo

The Clones are a proven platform and if you lube it up now and then you shouldnt have any problems with it. With that said - ive had much more problems with my DM's over the years. And yes i do maintain my markers very well.

The Clone VX got a very similar drivetrain to the GT and it has never leaked on me.

Nothing is perfect and leaking out of the box is happening with every manufacturer. Ive had a bnib DM8 wich was leaking like crazy. If you take care of your equipment, then go for the GT.

batman: If you would cry about overlubing, then you shouldnt buy a new marker ever.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:38 AM #32
ROCKNROLLA

ROCKNROLLA plays in the PSP
ROCKNROLLA owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ROCKNROLLA plays in the APPA D4 division
ROCKNROLLA supports DLX Technology
The problems with the screens have been fixed and anyway its like $30 for a new screen. your spending $1400 on a gun. If its under warranty you can get it replaced for free anyway. If you have any sort of common sense and troubleshooting ability you will be perfectly fine. As long as you take care of your GT it will take care of you.
Also think about this. The people who post their problems with the GT may make it seem like everyone's having problems with their GT. But think of all the 1000's of GT's Macdev has sold. Most people don't post "Hey my Gt is working great" on PBN. You only see the posts about problematic GT's. Which is probably like 3% of people who own them. And most problems are due to the inability by the user to understand how the gun works and what to look for when its not working correctly....
ROCKNROLLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:21 PM #33
luckyone

luckyone owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
luckyone has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
My Geo was piece of **** compared to my VX, inconsistent, leaked, shot like crap. Hated the thing, my VX has been the most reliable gun I have ever owned.
PE makes a good product, but they are not perfect, ask anyone who has bent a frame...
Old 03-13-2013, 04:22 PM #34
Chuckles_031
Yay nipples!

Annual Supporting Member
Chuckles_031 is playing at Living Legends VII
Chuckles_031 is for the Gunfight
Chuckles_031 supports Pev's Paintball
Chuckles_031 plays in the APPA D5 division
Chuckles_031 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
If you want to really find out what sort of gun to buy, go to your local field and ask to shoot different guns, see what feels best for you because at the end of the day, you're the one going home with it. You can find out all day long from all the fanboys (no offense), what gun is "truly" best, but what might work for other people, might not work for you.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:32 AM #35
BatmanLiera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harribo View Post

batman: If you would cry about overlubing, then you shouldnt buy a new marker ever.
No!
I wont buy a macdev!
I will buy a ready to use out the box marker, Say axe geo ego bob long. U know something not with hi maintnace like having another gf
Old 03-14-2013, 09:37 PM #36
savagemwb
SavageMWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanLiera View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles_031 View Post
If you want to really find out what sort of gun to buy, go to your local field and ask to shoot different guns, see what feels best for you because at the end of the day, you're the one going home with it. You can find out all day long from all the fanboys (no offense), what gun is "truly" best, but what might work for other people, might not work for you.
No problem with this idea. At all. There just aren't any in Omaha that has such options. I'm sure the guys from Vicious over at DSS would let me do something with a PE or whatever else they have but I've already got two egos. I'm just exploring other options
Old 03-15-2013, 11:35 AM #37
Chuckles_031
Yay nipples!

Annual Supporting Member
Chuckles_031 is playing at Living Legends VII
Chuckles_031 is for the Gunfight
Chuckles_031 supports Pev's Paintball
Chuckles_031 plays in the APPA D5 division
Chuckles_031 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Even going over there would be a start, i'm sure other players would let you shoot there guns. I'm almost positive though that they don't just stock PE guns.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:09 PM #38
tr0jandude
ROMAN

tr0jandude owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tr0jandude supports Team VICIOUS
tr0jandude supports Team VICIOUS
tr0jandude posts videos on PbNation
tr0jandude has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagemwb View Post
No problem with this idea. At all. There just aren't any in Omaha that has such options. I'm sure the guys from Vicious over at DSS would let me do something with a PE or whatever else they have but I've already got two egos. I'm just exploring other options
You need to try out different guns? Come to Madcow and talk to Emphatic we have a little variety of guns. Currently I have a GT, geo 3, and ego11. Couple of the other guys have ego's, gt's, Dm's, and luxe.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:19 PM #39
hayden14

Gt is a pretty damn reliable marker, but just like any real spool you get what you put into it.
Sure BatmanLiera can copy paste a bunch of threads with GT problems, but if he went he could find just as many for Demons, or Luxes, etc etc. 9/10 times its user issues...
And every company out there has had some bad batch of something with there guns but your fortunate enough that MacDev service is good now and they took care of it.
hayden14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:41 PM #40
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Batman, just to let you know... My buddy's Axe had problems out of the box today. (brand new) I cleaned, relubed, reset the poppet and it still leaked so I reset the noid... It shot money the rest of the day. The reg also creeped a little at the beginning of the day. It needed to set in. I consider the Axe very reliable.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:34 AM #41
dak22

dak22 is playing at Living Legends VII
Funny how he mentions the Geo when the original got off to an even rockier start than the GT w/o having the same qualities of its peers at the time.

PE rectified its mistakes and Macdev is doing the same with the GTi
dak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:26 AM #42
savagemwb
SavageMWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0jandude View Post
You need to try out different guns? Come to Madcow and talk to Emphatic we have a little variety of guns. Currently I have a GT, geo 3, and ego11. Couple of the other guys have ego's, gt's, Dm's, and luxe.
I'll keep that in mind! Next time the team's up there, ill see if you're around. Need to get some work time in anyways. Thank you!