.43 Paintball Sidearms

RAP4 P99 vs. Kingman Eraser

Lets start off with what a simple Google search will produce:

Kingman Eraser -
Price: $99
Construction: all metal
Max velocity: 250 fps
Weight: 2.5 lbs
Gun include: one magazine, two co2 cartiges, 100 paintballs, squeegee and barrel plug

RAP4 P99 -
Price: $179
Construction: metal and plastic
Max velocity: 300 fps
Weight: 2 lbs
Gun includes: one magazine, cleaning kit and carrying case

The rest of their specs are the same or really similar.
Both are mag fed with a 9 ball capacity.
Both use a 12g co2 cartrige thats screwed into the grip.
Both have a working slide to chamber a ball. (only the walther has blow-back action)

Ok, so now that we have that out of the way. My use of a .43 sidearm will be on the paintball feild as a secondary. I'm using a tank in stock 7oz co2, with either a 44 or 56 round tac cap, so my secondary will come into play often. I have watched/read several reviews on both and they both have attractive features. One of the biggest pro to con that I have seen in comparison between them is the Eraser seems to be very accurate in most tests I have seen, such as hitting h2o bottles from 60ft. Where the P99 seems to be less accurate at even 20ft. This may just be an oversight but it is one of my two cheif concerns. The other is the Eraser only shoots a tad over 250fps but the P99 can shoot 300fps. This translates to more range and balls breaking better, but none of that matters if your gun is far less accurate. One thing I can say I've read is for the most part even with the Eraser shooting a lower fps most people say balls break fine with the right paint. Another thing I kept seeing come up was the RAP4 guns chopping/breaking paint in the gun.

In this comparison it's a plus if you have had or do own one/both gun/s, but at least have a decent amount of time using at least one before you comment. Please don't be THAT guy that comments and says ones the best ever just because he owns it or has shot it, once, and not even different paint.

Last edited by Blind Eye : 03-04-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Blind Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2013, 10:02 AM #2
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Id just get a Tiberius or Tippmann pistol. .43 isn't that great.

Accuracy isn't determined by the marker, but (C)RAP4 makes terrible products.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:28 AM #3
Blind Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningPlaydoh View Post
Id just get a Tiberius or Tippmann pistol. .43 isn't that great.

Accuracy isn't determined by the marker, but (C)RAP4 makes terrible products.
Would you care to elaborate?
Old 03-04-2013, 01:52 PM #4
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Eye View Post
Would you care to elaborate?
.43 has limited range compared to .68, and you won't have nearly the same selection of paint. It can also be a problem if you go to a FPO field.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:36 PM #5
Blind Eye

The range isn't really a drawback. I mainly want it for when I get in real tight quarters, or my tac-cap/co2 runs out and I have to transition to a sidearm.
As far as the field is concerned I'll be playing mostly on a private field.

Is there any other reason?
Old 03-04-2013, 02:43 PM #6
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
The range isn't really a drawback. I mainly want it for when I get in real tight quarters, or my tac-cap/co2 runs out and I have to transition to a sidearm.
As far as the field is concerned I'll be playing mostly on a private field.

Is there any other reason?
It may be Im jus biased towards .68 cal, but I guess I just like the feel of the othe pistols in my han better, but then again Ive never heard any bad things about the Eraser so between the two you mentioned Id go with that.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM #7
Blind Eye

I think if I was going to use a sidearm as a primary I would go for a TiPX, but with me only wanting to use it in certain scenarios (I shoot out my 7oz tank, my tac-cap runs out mid firefight, or room/cornor clearing) I think a .43 will serve. I appreciate your help, and I think I will go with the Eraser. I as well keep hearing mostly all good things about it.

The TiPX and T8.1 are freaking huge too! They look like a Desert Eagle lol.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:59 PM #8
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I think if I was going to use a sidearm as a primary I would go for a TiPX, but with me only wanting to use it in certain scenarios (I shoot out my 7oz tank, my tac-cap runs out mid firefight, or room/cornor clearing) I think a .43 will serve. I appreciate your help, and I think I will go with the Eraser. I as well keep hearing mostly all good things about it.

The TiPX and T8.1 are freaking huge too! They look like a Desert Eagle lol.
I think that's your best bet, I didn't really look at it from the perspective of having a secondary. Enjoy the Eraser!

Sorry I wasn't much help lol
Old 03-04-2013, 09:18 PM #9
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology
Yea I wouldn't even bother with the two markers you listed. Go with the Tiberius or TiPX
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:36 PM #10
BatmanLiera

Yup tipx
Save hassle having to look for other paint size. One size for all guns just seems the way to go and with your pistol being tippmann you know it is not Gona fail you and more support I guess from tippmann
BatmanLiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:06 PM #11
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
.43 is hard to find and the .43 that is out there tends to be bad at breaking on targets.

You really would be better off with a .68 pistol, bulky as they are. Or a pod to refill your tac cap.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:11 AM #12
Blind Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
.43 is hard to find and the .43 that is out there tends to be bad at breaking on targets.

You really would be better off with a .68 pistol, bulky as they are. Or a pod to refill your tac cap.
I hear where you guys are coming from, I do. I just don't really think it will be necessary to tote that big thing around with me just to take the occasional blind fire around a corner. I do plan on carrying some pods for the tac cap, I'll be running four 50's so I can dump it all in and not have to worry with over pouring with a 100/140 pod.

I did find some Nelson .43 paint for $12/500, from what I've read it seems Nelson is the best .43 paint available.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:18 PM #13
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I hear where you guys are coming from, I do. I just don't really think it will be necessary to tote that big thing around with me just to take the occasional blind fire around a corner. I do plan on carrying some pods for the tac cap, I'll be running four 50's so I can dump it all in and not have to worry with over pouring with a 100/140 pod.

I did find some Nelson .43 paint for $12/500, from what I've read it seems Nelson is the best .43 paint available.
Do you have or will be getting a holster that will hold the Eraser? If you like it I'd go for it, it's your money.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:20 PM #14
Blind Eye

Yeah I just got a crossdraw for my vest.