Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-02-2013, 10:18 PM #1
juztinrf

Question anybody own a rev-i???

so i have a g3 with techt l7 bolt engine..techt ifit kit. CP trigger..it shoots pretty good I guess and I can't really complain especially for rec ball. however today I played against some tourney teams and my gun just wasn't on the same level as the luxes, dm 12's, eteks, egos and whatever the hell else that tore me up all day hahah..however I got invited to practice with a couple of them and even get a shot for trying out come closer to tourney time!! apparently they thought I was keeping up pretty damn good..which is cool beings that I have only been playing seriously for under a year. im sure they just want some extra target practice but whatever. anyways, with that being said I think Im gonna need to upgrade if I wanna keep up. I reallllyyyyy like the ease and simplicity of my g3 iq and the awesome features like clamping feedneck and lever asa and simple bolt maintenance. sooo was looking at other dangerous power stuff and rev-I seems to be the best they have to offer. soooo just wanting some input from people that own one already...can they keep up!? is it worth the money or should I buy a used one for cheaper?? idkk heellppp
juztinrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2013, 10:33 PM #2

The rev-i is a tournament-ready marker, but it will not make you much of better player. In fact, most high-end markers will do little for you, except a boost of confidence.

Practice will do far more for you than a $1000 marker. Run drills, do conditioning, etc etc etc. If you find after all that your marker is still holding you back, then it's time to upgrade.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:59 PM #3
mattbrace
Dr. Isotope

Dude the g3 is a sweet gun...super easy maintenance and if you bang it up you'll only be half as ticked as those other dudes with the nice guns...
Old 03-02-2013, 11:12 PM #4
xmc1146
Mount Vernon, Wa

xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
dont take this an offense but it's you that can't keep up. most of the guys with a good skill can beat anyone with any gun. if you really want to upgrade your gun some more, go with the APE OLED board, it has all the features you need with the easiest adjustability. it has trigger trainer mode so you can improve your trigger skillz.
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:21 PM #5
yOungcOcker84
iN yOw face

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmc1146 View Post
dont take this an offense but it's you that can't keep up. most of the guys with a good skill can beat anyone with any gun. if you really want to upgrade your gun some more, go with the APE OLED board, it has all the features you need with the easiest adjustability. it has trigger trainer mode so you can improve your trigger skillz.
True to this , its all about the skill of the player that kills.
yOungcOcker84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:36 PM #6
juztinrf

I agree with all of you guys 100%..ive got a lot to work on to become a better player and the gun is only as good as its operator weather it be a $100 gun or $3000 gun. I do practice. I do play every weekend. I am getting better each time I play and I know it. and this is the whole reason I bought a just a mid level gun the g3 is to better my skills until im ready for the next level of play then ill upgrade my gun. and with that being said the team I played and practiced with today saw something in me skill wise. infact let me borrow play with a couple of their guns and I tore them up just as if I was on their team. and I was told that's why im being asked to practice with them as a team. however my g3 shoots inconsistent. inaccurate. air hog. really only likes one paint or it chops the **** out of balls. ect.. idk...maybe its to soon to be upgrading. but when I dooo decide to upgrade from mid level play to the next level. . . . . .would the rev-I be a good choice???. . .that's what this post was mainly about.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:11 AM #7
CA_Tectonics

Honestly, there isn't much difference between the G3 and Rev-i.

They have the same regulator internals, operate the same (dump valve spool), and with a APE OLED upgrade to the G3, they will have the same board.....almost literally. The only real differences are the size/weight and the volume of air being stored and used in the back end of the marker. The Rev-i and Threshold have larger volume chambers than the G3. Given that they work the same and have pretty much identical high pressure regulators, inconsistency can be tuned to be the same with both. If you are having inconsistency problems, it may simply be a tuning issue, paint issue, or paint/barrel bore issues. A G3 can be tuned to within a +/- 5 fps just like any other "high end" marker. It is somewhat of an air hog but a TechT bolt engine does wonders for that issue.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:17 AM #8
yOungcOcker84
iN yOw face

I prefer my SpecR over my revy
Old 03-03-2013, 01:54 AM #9
yOungcOcker84
iN yOw face

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post

They have the same regulator internals, operate the same (dump valve spool), and with a APE OLED upgrade to the G3, they will have the same board.....almost literally. The only real differences are the size/weight and the volume of air being stored and used in the back end of the marker. The Rev-i and Threshold have larger volume chambers than the G3. Given that they work the same and have pretty much identical high pressure regulators, inconsistency can be tuned to be the same with both. If you are having inconsistency problems, it may simply be a tuning issue, paint issue, or paint/barrel bore issues. A G3 can be tuned to within a +/- 5 fps just like any other "high end" marker. It is somewhat of an air hog but a TechT bolt engine does wonders for that issue.
If the Rev-i and treshold have a large volume chambers, does that means its more of a airhog than a G3?
Old 03-03-2013, 02:00 AM #10
juztinrf

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post

thank youuu!! THISSS was the response I was looking for!! did some research....watched some videos . . . . annndddd BAAMM!! ansgear got ape oled board with grips for $99!! or I could get the ape led board which is basically the same without a screen for $60!! these boards that the modes that im gonna need to compete with. im definitely gonna enjoy saving around $700 bucks by going this route especially if they are basically the same gun with different milling.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:06 AM #11
JUGGERNAUT69

JUGGERNAUT69 is for the Gunfight
JUGGERNAUT69 is for the Gunfight
JUGGERNAUT69 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
JUGGERNAUT69 supports DLX Technology
get the APE with OLED board it's worth it.

Past Gun: Tippmann(98,Project Salvo, A5, Phenom) Dangerous Power(FX, G5, Rev-i, G3 iQ, Threshold, G4) Spyder Fenix, Smart Parts SP1 & Shocker NXT Octane, Vanguard Creed & Demon"RIPPER" GOG Excty, Phantom Pump, DLX Luxe 2.0
JUGGERNAUT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:10 AM #12
juztinrf

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGGERNAUT69 View Post
only an extra $50 annddd it comes with new grips which mine stock ones are turning all sorts of black lol. I believe OLED is definitely worth it as well sir
Old 03-03-2013, 02:50 AM #13
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by juztinrf View Post
so i have a g3 with techt l7 bolt engine..techt ifit kit. CP trigger..it shoots pretty good I guess and I can't really complain especially for rec ball. however today I played against some tourney teams and my gun just wasn't on the same level as the luxes, dm 12's, eteks, egos and whatever the hell else that tore me up all day hahah..however I got invited to practice with a couple of them and even get a shot for trying out come closer to tourney time!! apparently they thought I was keeping up pretty damn good..which is cool beings that I have only been playing seriously for under a year. im sure they just want some extra target practice but whatever. anyways, with that being said I think Im gonna need to upgrade if I wanna keep up. I reallllyyyyy like the ease and simplicity of my g3 iq and the awesome features like clamping feedneck and lever asa and simple bolt maintenance. sooo was looking at other dangerous power stuff and rev-I seems to be the best they have to offer. soooo just wanting some input from people that own one already...can they keep up!? is it worth the money or should I buy a used one for cheaper?? idkk heellppp
The G3 is fine. I shoot Luxes and Marq and all sorts of high ends, they dont shoot any more accurate than my G3. Its all about what you want.

I just bought a clone GT. Shot it in my backyard. Its a little softer than my G3 but it also cost 4 times as much. Its personnel preference.

The revi will shoot a little nicer than your g3 and maintenance will be very similar. If you are comfortable with your G3, you can handle the revi.

Other high end guns like the luxe, dm, clone are more complicated.. some people dont like that. I suggest holding onto your G3 as a backup gun to whatever you do decide to buy. Tournament players should always have a second gun just incase. The last thing you want to do is work on a broken gun in the middle of a tournament.

If you do decide to branch out to different brands, check out the Bob Long Vice, Marq, Closer. Also check out the alien independence. They are reliable, shoot great and not over complicated.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:58 AM #14
juztinrf

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
The G3 is fine. I shoot Luxes and Marq and all sorts of high ends, they dont shoot any more accurate than my G3. Its all about what you want.

I just bought a clone GT. Shot it in my backyard. Its a little softer than my G3 but it also cost 4 times as much. Its personnel preference.

The revi will shoot a little nicer than your g3 and maintenance will be very similar. If you are comfortable with your G3, you can handle the revi.

Other high end guns like the luxe, dm, clone are more complicated.. some people dont like that. I suggest holding onto your G3 as a backup gun to whatever you do decide to buy. Tournament players should always have a second gun just incase. The last thing you want to do is work on a broken gun in the middle of a tournament.

If you do decide to branch out to different brands, check out the Bob Long Vice, Marq, Closer. Also check out the alien independence. They are reliable, shoot great and not over complicated.

yea I've already upgraded the trigger, bolt, barrel boring kit...only thing left is the board. probly do that first with the APE and play with that for a bit and when I doooo upgrade. definitely my backup gun!! Its really light, easyyy maintenance, sweet *** color and pretty good milling, fits really good in my hands. . .ergonomics are great for meeee and we all know that's extremely important when a gun fits you nicely.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:06 AM #15
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

Good thinking. Most people think they should just sell it off for $150 or so to help purchase their new gun. BAD IDEA. When I have a gun go down, I grab one of my other 3 or so guns and get back in the game. 2 guns is enough, 12 guns is crazy talk

also, if you do decide to go to a different company, feel free to stop in here and ask our thoughts. ALOT of us have mac dev, planet eclipse, alien, dye, luxe, etc and are not biased at all. We like out $300 DP guns but we also like our expensive guns. They all work great and have their place.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:15 AM #16
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com

Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
Good thinking. Most people think they should just sell it off for $150 or so to help purchase their new gun. BAD IDEA. When I have a gun go down, I grab one of my other 3 or so guns and get back in the game. 2 guns is enough, 12 guns is crazy talk

also, if you do decide to go to a different company, feel free to stop in here and ask our thoughts. ALOT of us have mac dev, planet eclipse, alien, dye, luxe, etc and are not biased at all. We like out $300 DP guns but we also like our expensive guns. They all work great and have their place.
this...... my spec-r has been the most reliable gun ive owned. its currently my back up to my g6r because i know that i can easily count on my spec-r to work if my g6r ever goes down.

edit:last time i checked you had like 15 guns..... just saying.

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:25 AM #17
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

Well im looking at my closet and from what I can see I have
  • g3
  • g3
  • g3
  • fusion
  • threshy
  • 90s palmer
  • promaster
  • clone gt
  • vice
  • marq closer
  • indy

i think there are some more somewhere
Old 03-03-2013, 03:32 AM #18
juztinrf

I hate you. Lol
Old 03-03-2013, 03:37 AM #19
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by yOungcOcker84 View Post
If the Rev-i and treshold have a large volume chambers, does that means its more of a airhog than a G3?
No, because the Rev-i and Threshy operate at slightly lower pressure than the G3 platform. Larger volume at lower pressure = smaller volume at higher pressure. It takes the same "amount" of air to send a paintball flying (neglecting waste, friction, and all of that stuff) so the Rev-i/Threshy does it with more volume at less pressure than the G3.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 03-03-2013, 03:41 AM #20
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
yea I've already upgraded the trigger, bolt, barrel boring kit...only thing left is the board. probly do that first with the APE and play with that for a bit and when I doooo upgrade. definitely my backup gun!! Its really light, easyyy maintenance, sweet *** color and pretty good milling, fits really good in my hands. . .ergonomics are great for meeee and we all know that's extremely important when a gun fits you nicely.
Another added benifit of an upgraded board is that you'll be able to do quite a bit of fine-tuning of the marker. That is where the Rev-i would beat the G3 in a stock vs. stock. Being able to fine tune things can help with air efficiency and shot feel.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:17 AM #21
disturbed989
gun whore addict

Annual Supporting Member
disturbed989 supports Team VICIOUS
disturbed989 supports Bob Gurnsey
disturbed989 plays in the APPA D4 division
disturbed989 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
disturbed989 is Boss
disturbed989 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
I agree with all of you guys 100%..ive got a lot to work on to become a better player and the gun is only as good as its operator weather it be a $100 gun or $3000 gun. I do practice. I do play every weekend. I am getting better each time I play and I know it. and this is the whole reason I bought a just a mid level gun the g3 is to better my skills until im ready for the next level of play then ill upgrade my gun. and with that being said the team I played and practiced with today saw something in me skill wise. infact let me borrow play with a couple of their guns and I tore them up just as if I was on their team. and I was told that's why im being asked to practice with them as a team. however my g3 shoots inconsistent. inaccurate. air hog. really only likes one paint or it chops the **** out of balls. ect.. idk...maybe its to soon to be upgrading. but when I dooo decide to upgrade from mid level play to the next level. . . . . .would the rev-I be a good choice???. . .that's what this post was mainly about.
The g3 is a tournament ready marker and will get the job done in a tournament setting. You have already upgraded most of what we would recommend. The ape oled board would be a good decision for you IMO because it will help with the efficiency of your g3. The paint to bore match will have an effect on your accuracy and your efficiency. As for the inconsistency that could be a reg issue or you need to replace your detents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGGERNAUT69 View Post
As juggernaut says here the ape oled is well worth it. It gives you much more adjustability and is a lot easier to navigate then the led version.

If you do decide on buying a rev-I I would recommend you buy used because there are plenty in pristine condition and you can pick them up for right around $500

And as Firefox said if you do decide on another manufacture feel free to stop by the dpot because most of us own high ends from every other manufacturer but still enjoy our dp guns.
disturbed989 is offline   Reply With Quote