Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 03-01-2013, 12:58 PM #1
FAT SOLJA
RICO

EMBRACE THE BATTLE - 2013 Generals Cup Game Rules Released HERE ===>>>

2013 Generals Cup Rules Book Released !
http://generalscup.com/wp-content/up...Game-Rules.pdf

Please remember to Download "Event Waiver" and "I Understand" documents at http://generalscup.com/event-waiver

ALL UNDER 18 MUST HAVE PARENT OR GUARDIAN SIGNATURES ON BOTH DOCUMENTS! The field does not allow signatures from anyone else.

FAT SOLJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2013, 12:03 PM #2
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Ok Rick, I'm going to play Devils Advocate here -

One of the criteria in the I understand waiver is " I understand I may be overshot in certain situations and accept that as part of this type of game."

yet in the Minor Rules = 1 punch category you have -

Unintentional overshooting

How can you penalize someone for something that's

a.) Not intended
or
b.) Part of the game ?
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:09 PM #3
[NA]WARLORD

Also, I have heard that home made vs retail rocket launchers were frowned upon at your games, yet nothing was listed in the rules for them, is this still an issue ?
Old 03-07-2013, 09:17 PM #4
N2extreme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
Also, I have heard that home made vs retail rocket launchers were frowned upon at your games, yet nothing was listed in the rules for them, is this still an issue ?

Last yr the rules stated no home made launchers. No exceptions! However there were several home made launchers that were approved. I believe the field owner said he will allow them this yr.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:15 PM #5
[NA]WARLORD

Thank You Sir
Old 03-11-2013, 09:30 PM #6
FAT SOLJA
RICO

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
Ok Rick, I'm going to play Devils Advocate here -

One of the criteria in the I understand waiver is " I understand I may be overshot in certain situations and accept that as part of this type of game."

yet in the Minor Rules = 1 punch category you have -

Unintentional overshooting

How can you penalize someone for something that's

a.) Not intended
or
b.) Part of the game ?
Thank you for bringing up the question. I could see how it may be misinterpreted. Let me preface the answer by stating that the Rules are intended with the sole objective of ensuring safety and fomenting enjoyment for the participants. My reffing staff have and will be informed to use common sense and discretion when enforcing the rules. In reality, I would rather not have to type and print rules for participants, but I do so because I care. I wished it could be said for other promoters but the truth is that most only share a few rules at the players meeting and they are usually rules that pertain to the "theme" of the game.

The "I understand" is not a component of the rules book, it's just a tool used to bring the obvious to the forefront prior to the game.

As for the rule in question, along with all other rules, the referees always reserve the discretion to punch a players card. It doesn't mean that they will automatically punch a card if a violation of the rules occurred. More importantly, the purpose of the rule is to give the referee the ability to keep in check someone that may have been in the grey area and particularly when it is the same offense repeated.

I should add that all of my referees use radios and when a card is punched, they call in the players ID# and the offense. We do this to keep good track of those that are a danger to the game in any way.

At the end of the day, we are not looking to penalize players for violations, we are more interested in repeat offenders and the offense in itself.

Those that get their card punched, should be appreciative of our proactive approach, but the reality is that most see it as a nuisance

ROCKET LAUNCHERS: Yes the rules were relaxed :-)
FAT SOLJA is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups