Old 03-01-2013, 11:56 AM #1
Planet Eclipse 07
Pump - Aim - Fire

Planet Eclipse 07 plays in the PSP
Planet Eclipse 07 donated to help Peyton Trent
Planet Eclipse 07 posts videos on PbNation
Planet Eclipse 07 supports Empire
Questions about filming paintball

My high school paintball club wants me to come back so i can shoot and edit together a promotional video for the club at their next outing. Before I commit to doing it I have a few questions about using DSLRs on the field. I have been playing long enough to know that it doesn't matter how clear you are when you tell someone that you are going to be reffing/observing/filming and ask that they not shoot you, you are most likely at least going to be shot at. Is there any way to prep a DSLR (I have a Canon T3i) to take a hit without spending a fortune on a housing for it? Also, I know that a lot of people now are using mounted camera like gopros to film video at fields, but a camera and tripod is a bit different - would filming this way require permission from a field owner?

WTB Brass Eagle Avenger 3 (first gun I ever owned)

WTB CF Freak Tip

WTB Black Revi in Good Condition
Planet Eclipse 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2013, 02:25 PM #2
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
Just get a paintball box and cut a hole in it for the lens, and just ask the ref, they shouldnt care if you film.
PMR Frame/Board F/s
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:22 PM #3
dhspooner
More Cowbell!

dhspooner is playing at Living Legends V
dhspooner has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dhspooner has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
dhspooner is attending Decay of Nations VI
Buy a cheap ammo box at local sporting goods store (ie dicks) and cut a hole in it and place a piece of plexi glass. Ammo boxes are built to take a beating, your camer isn't
Old 04-30-2013, 04:44 AM #4
cocotaro831

A couple of ways to do this. For a DSLR, the most practical way to stabilize is a monopod. Smoother shots when following a moving person, as well as quick displacement when needing to move yourself. As for protection of the camera, the monopod is useful as well. A box will be needed (about the size of a paint case). the open top side will be your access point. Cut a hole in the bottom (formerly the side) of the box just large enough to put the monopod through. Secure the box to the monopod with ducktape, zipties, etc. Make another hole for the lens and then the DSLR should then be secured to the mount on the monopod, obviously facing the hole. Keep in mind the type of lens you use.

Another, bit more pricy, is creating a frame from PVC pipes and cardboard. I'd refer to a youtube video for that. Its a mix between making frames, and then improvising as you go along. But remember that you'll need to incorporate the tripod or monopod in the design.

Rejexx Paintball PR

TAG Paintball Field - Hollister, CA

I mess around with video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS1d2U5SNX8
cocotaro831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:38 PM #5
PEfan13oy

PEfan13oy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
you def want to protect the lens, you dont want to get a direct hit on them. I know theres types of protective filters, but i haven't look into yet.
PEfan13oy is offline   Reply With Quote