Full Time Tape Head

dj bob and yuik have the be the same person. Or yuik has downs
Cmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:14 AM #25
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
You know I would say so about it being funny until as of until a few months ago .

I always thought Microsoft sucked rightfully so in middle school and high school . But then something changed when I was graduating I went out to an interview there which I got the job but decided to take an offer back home due to hurricane sandy (grandmother lost her house and it's a lot for my single mom to deal
With taking care of her).

But I learned a lot at MS. I was wowed with how far they came with things like IE9. I now do web development and can't wait for the day when 60% of our users will go from ie7-ie9 because I can make suck better applications with it . I was also humbled by the fact that they know that they suck in the worlds eyes there. I was interviewing with bing. And it was humbling to hear them say we know people will just never get to us vs google because we Arnt hip or cool . No matter how nice their maps are people will always just goto google because they are trendy. I asked one manager how he stays motivated knowing that even if he delivers a better product it's unlikely to be recognized and he said something great . He said even if just one person has their homepage on a Microsoft phone set to bing and uses it by accident instead of google and says "hey this isn't bad I kind of like this I think I'll keep it" , then I feel accomplished . I know it's hard to change the mass perception but at least I can do my best to change one person at a time.

It's kind of an unfair dogma Microsoft carriers with it. Graduating from a top 5 CS school there's always the well it could be worse it could be windows, or oh great now everyone can buy the windows 8 tablets that look like the windows 8 phones they dont want, or in a peer critique hearing " what's this ? Hotmail 2.0" and everyone laughs. It's trendy sure but it's also immature . I thought the moderation staff was above that here . I guess I'm wrong though :/. But then again it shows you making a ****ty product or ****ty bunch of products will always stay with customers .

On that note in done talking about this . Hopefully the OP can give us the web page he is trying to download it from
And we can figure out where he is going wrong .
ST:Tech thread of the year right here boys.

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."

XBL - xStonedCrow
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:14 AM #26
lolslashchicken

Alright then

Kinnikuman Top Team
Still Island Forums
Big Smash: Cock Site
Joe Warren Top Team
lolslashchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:57 AM #27
lolslashchicken

still dont know whats wrong. ive been asking several people and they dont know. so yeah, zip files and some others are not downloading. i click the download button and i see the loading circle but it doesnt show up in the bottom left corner. doesnt work in all browsers as well....

Kinnikuman Top Team
Still Island Forums
Big Smash: Cock Site
Joe Warren Top Team
lolslashchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:00 AM #28
Promagistrate
such motto

Promagistrate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Promagistrate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate supports DLX Technology