Mao Zedong 3 5.08%
Robert Mugabe 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2013, 11:23 AM #1
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Of these recent historical figures, which one of them is the worst?

And how does Barack Obama compare to this list?

I bring this up, not because I would place Obama beneath all of them, but because it has been a semi popular comparison on various social media outlets, *** seen below

Like it or not, these images (by both parties) heavily influence people

and I wonder if anyone would place him below any of these people. While they could be viewed as dictators (and are) by many in the West, there are some that see (some of) these men for the good that they accomplished. While Obama has not committed any public executions, some feel his actions seek to perhaps disarm the American people for a future invasion. His using children as a prop was something Hitler and Stalin both did.

One - which one do you feel was the worst on the list? This can be any criteria you have, as everyone's would vary. Two, how would you rank them, in the event you were asked in real life.

Edited for clarification on the order I'd place them in

Joseph Stalin
Mao Zedong (Tse-Tung)
Adolf Hitler
Pol Pot
Muammar Gaddafi
Barack Obama
Saddam Hussein
FDR
Robert Mugabe

Last edited by Tuff : 03-01-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2013, 11:33 AM #2
F1VENOM

"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:42 AM #3
Iamamartianchurch

Worst historical figures in recent times that come to mind:

Joseph Stalin
Mao Ding Dong
Pol Pot
Kim Jong Wayne
FDR

In that order.

Did you seriously put Obama above Pol Pot? Are you ****ing mad? Pol Pot KILLED married couples because he believed marriage was an unequal institution. Obama doesn't deserve to be anywhere near this list. Jesus Christ.

Last edited by Iamamartianchurch : 03-01-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 AM #4
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

I didn't figure (F1 venom) you'd choose now to actually contribute something to a discussion around here. Not a surprise at all.

I suppose it's my fault that things Obama has done, have been done by past dictators. And this isn't about him, but the actual comparisons being made are fact. Deal with it.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:51 AM #5
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post

Did you seriously put Obama above Pol Pot? Are you ****ing mad? Pol Pot KILLED married couples because he believed marriage was an unequal institution. Obama doesn't deserve to be anywhere near this list. Jesus Christ.
The people I listed were not in any type of order, I'll edit it to clarify. I'd agree that Stalin is the worst. Did you forget Hitler or figure him as more of a guy trying to reclaim what was actually theirs (Germany) in the first place?

Last edited by Tuff : 03-01-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:53 AM #6
F1VENOM

The post is so ridiculous, there's really nothing to contribute. Anything beyond your OP is going to be so skewed from reality all I can do is point that fact out and laugh.

Guns aren't even close to being outlawed and he has yet to kill anyone but you're saying he's up there with those guys? You have to be trolling. MAYBE if you went at this from the drones perspective you might have half a toe to stand on. This approach garners nothing but laughs.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 03-01-2013, 11:55 AM #7
Space Pope

Tuff want to have a pointless discussion about nothing. Neat.
Space Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:56 AM #8
Iamamartianchurch

Obama hasn't done anything even remotely in the same league. This is absurd.

I think this ranking thing could be fun though. With sober minds at least. Except mine. I didn't forget about Hitler.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:58 AM #9
F1VENOM

Quote:

I think this ranking thing could be fun though. With sober minds at least. Except mine. I didn't forget about Hitler.
We have health care, he's right up there with Stalin.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:02 PM #10
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
MAYBE if you went at this from the drones perspective you might have half a toe to stand on. This approach garners nothing but laughs.
Oh, so you figure it's possible, given how events could shake out? Oh ok.

Quote:

The bold part is the purpose. The mention of Obama still stands as something that has happened more frequently as of late,. F1Venom can ***** all he wants, but I can't help what others are doing. Constitution and Supreme Court prevents Obama from straight up outlawing guns- who knows what he would do if they were not in place.

Ok then, Hitler below Pol Pot on your list, see who agrees.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:12 PM #11
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
Oh, so you figure it's possible, given how events could shake out? Oh ok.

The bold part is the purpose. The mention of Obama still stands as something that has happened more frequently as of late,. F1Venom can ***** all he wants, but I can't help what others are doing. Constitution and Supreme Court prevents Obama from straight up outlawing guns- who knows what he would do if they were not in place.

Ok then, Hitler below Pol Pot on your list, see who agrees.
Who knows what anyone would do if anything wasn't anyway but another way.

I disagree.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:14 PM #12
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Hmm... no Roman Emperors. I decline.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:19 PM #13
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
This is hilarious. Obama being considered anywhere near the worst historical figures is absolutely ****ing absurd. Hide behind the guise of "I just wanted to have fun" all you want. The real message you're trying putting out is quite obvious. If you were about having a serious discussion about the most horrific historical figures, Obama wouldn't even be mentioned. It's lost in your "he-could-possibly-do-this-if-this-were-like-this-and-that-happened-to-allow-this" stupid ****ing rhetoric that everyone is laughing at.

Someone should close this thread, then make one that is more appropriate, void of such anti-Obama undertones that have nothing at all to do with the "intended" subject.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:19 PM #14
F1VENOM

I'm saying the drone approach is less slippery than the one you're taking. Right now you're leaping to guns being outlawed now and drawing the false correlation that no guns means a murderous rampage by the administration in power. The logic is so flawed it's absurd. At least with drones you could say the administration is murdering people but it's still a ridiculous leap to Pol Pot.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:20 PM #15
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Hmm... no Roman Emperors. I decline.
Diocletian
Old 03-01-2013, 12:22 PM #16
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
At least with drones you could say the administration is murdering people
Because it never did with actual fighter pilots, right? Not much has changed. We simply don't risk a military personell's life anymore.

I'll let this thread try and get to a decent subject though.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:31 PM #17
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
If you were about having a serious discussion about the most horrific historical figures, Obama wouldn't even be mentioned. It's lost in your "he-could-possibly-do-this-if-this-were-like-this-and-that-happened-to-allow-this" stupid ****ing rhetoric that everyone is laughing at.

Someone should close this thread, then make one that is more appropriate, void of such anti-Obama undertones that have nothing at all to do with the "intended" subject.
And yet the fact remains that he shares some similarities with the mentioned individuals. And yet people have made the comparisons. Apparently, this is my fault.

Do me a favor. You can ***** about what I have said in this thread all you want. But I want you to address how Franklin D Roosevelt ranked ahead of Hitler on someone else list. Don't go calling me crazy for including a president when someone else did the same damn thing.

Quote:
I'm saying the drone approach is less slippery than the one you're taking. Right now you're leaping to guns being outlawed now and drawing the false correlation that no guns means a murderous rampage by the administration in power. The logic is so flawed it's absurd. At least with drones you could say the administration is murdering people but it's still a ridiculous leap to Pol Pot.
I'm glad you were willing to admit that he has murdered people (innocent people) using drones. The drone analogy could be used instead, absolutely. Even the New York Times has s\questioned Obama multiple times on his "Aggressive drone usage"

My reason for citing guns was simple: He has clearly made intentions to crack down on gun laws. The Constitution and Supreme Court prevent him from doing whatever he pleases; this isn't a Dictatorship despite some thinking it has turned into one. Treghc and anyone else can ***** all they want, but Obama's Administration has made their thoughts on the matter known. The comparison with those other major dictators is real in social media. Hitler to the best of my knowledge, never actually confiscated guns from his people.
If you'd like, you can list George Bush. I considered it, but he's no longer in power now, and he never tried to take guns away in any form. Additionally (and I believe it was you who stated as much) Obama's use of drones far exceeds that of Bush.

It's a shame we cannot obtain a figure on how many he's killed with drones.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:38 PM #18
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
Because it never did with actual fighter pilots, right? Not much has changed. We simply don't risk a military personell's life anymore.

I'll let this thread try and get to a decent subject though.
This is aside from personal feelings and the political debate about drone strikes. I'm saying at least people are killed with drones and you can link it to the current administration. Even if every single drone strike killed nothing but US citzens, we're still only at 4,700. That's 0.0096% of Ze-Dong's lower estimates as the largest genocide on history and the number of Americans is much lower than that. To compare the two is orders of magnitude worth of stupidity that hurts my brain.

Also why's FDR on your list?

This also means you can link it to the previous but that runs afoul of the agenda he's pushing. Claiming Obama is going to murder millions of people after installing a totalitarian regime after disarming the masses I'd say requires some serious signage.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:40 PM #19
F1VENOM

Quote:
this isn't a Dictatorship despite some thinking it has turned into one.
So why do you insist on comparing him to dictators?

Quote:
The comparison with those other major dictators is real in social media.
Why make yourself part of the problem by spewing the ****?
Old 03-01-2013, 02:10 PM #20
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Hahahaha. This is officially my favorite thread of all time.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:10 PM #21
Swerve22

The original gun ban in germany was meant to get guns out of the hands of Hitlers SA and other violent groups, Hitler was happy to solidify it and use it against his enemies after he gained power.

Obama's goal is complete disarmament, regardless of what his supporters claim.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote