FIERC3Punisher
It is what it is.

FIERC3Punisher is playing at Living Legends V
FIERC3Punisher has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
FIERC3Punisher is attending Decay of Nations VI
FIERC3Punisher supports Empire
New to the Autococker scene!

Hey guys,

Just bought my first autococker yesterday from my local shops that's about shut its doors down so I got a pretty good deal. Need to know what I should do to this beast to make it a great shooting gun. It's a 2000 WGP Cocker. I don't have pics yet because I need to go pick it up this weekend but its a typical old school one. Has a stock three way, aluminum bolt, stock block, drilled with a detent (I think), stock barrel (I'll use my other barrels with it) 3 way plastic cover, push in bolt pin release (nothing that'll randomly fly out), stock frame with grips and single trigger, and your basic dovetail and stock regulator. I want to get a pump kit to have fun with but I'd like to know what the nation has to say about what's a good cheap upgrade to make it shoot tits. I will for sure get a new regulator and and on/off Asa. I think I'm going with a delrin bolt but what's something I can do to this gun to tune/improve this old best. What's the easiest way to time is? What's the best pump kit for cheap? Best bolt to smoothness/least amount of farting sound when shooting? Any comments help!
-Thanks
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2013, 11:57 AM #2
Durk85
You can't be serious....

Durk85 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Durk85 supports Team VICIOUS
Durk85 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Durk85 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
First off, welcome to the cocker family
There are a number of different things you could upgrade on it. RAM, 3 way, valve, springs,reg, etc... but if your gonna make it a pump, I dont really know what best options are for upgrading it. I believe Ansgear sells a cheap pump kit and ebay also has them. If you make it a pump, no timing it required but if you do want to keep it mech and need to time it, here is a good vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yty2wMSSQDk
hope this at least gets you started
Durk85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:46 PM #3
FIERC3Punisher
It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durk85 View Post
First off, welcome to the cocker family
There are a number of different things you could upgrade on it. RAM, 3 way, valve, springs,reg, etc... but if your gonna make it a pump, I dont really know what best options are for upgrading it. I believe Ansgear sells a cheap pump kit and ebay also has them. If you make it a pump, no timing it required but if you do want to keep it mech and need to time it, here is a good vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yty2wMSSQDk
hope this at least gets you started
Thank you! Yeah I found a pump kit on ans for about $30 but I want to test it out this weekend to see how we'll of a cocker it shoots.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:52 PM #4
Darkapollo

The bolt doesnt make it fart or not.. thats the valve/hammer/spring set in the lower tube, and that is typically an issue found in pumps where people try to mix-n-match springs. If you leave it mech, it wont have any farting issues.
If you are going to pump it dont worry about what is upgradeable or how to time it as you are just going to toss all the good bits out anyway.
To be honest.. to make it shoot 'tits' you just need to aim at a womans chest. They will shoot really nicely straight out of the box.

The regs are awesome out of the box and no need to really upgrade there. All of mine have their respective stock regulators and I have -zero- issues with them.

Basically you wont see much of any improvement from doing upgrades. A little smoother here, maybe a bit less slop in the trigger, a little less 'kick' but nothing that IMHO is really going to be 'the best upgrade' because WGP did an awesome job with even their most basic autocockers. I have gone from shooting my STO to my Karni to my RaceHB in the same day and while they all 'feel' different, I couldnt tell you which one was 'best' as they are all have their respective stock (IE what came on them) front ends.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:14 PM #5
FIERC3Punisher
It is what it is.

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna reiterate and say that if I were to get a pump kit, what's a good kit but if I were to keep it mech, what would be the best way to time it. I know you don't have to time a pump but as it sits now its a mech cocker so if I'm going to use it was in now, I'll want to learn on how to time it. May have been confusing in the post but I know the bolt doesn't effect the farting but what can I do to prevent the typical fart. Didn't really know those regs were that good but I just don't like the clunkiness with it but ill find a way to deal with it.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:10 PM #6
paintballedbackin88

paintballedbackin88 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballedbackin88 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I suggest a ccm kit. I installed one on my pre2k cockers and it is very smooth. I agree with everything darkapollo said regarding the front end. The stock wgp pneus on my 2k2 vert feed are perfectly solid with a nice, smooth cycling action and no leaks. It has been through 2 weekend long scenario events recently without a hiccup and has taken out many electros on the way.

The best way to time it is subjective to each owner's preferences. It also depends on the type of trigger. Is it a slider or a hinge frame? There are many excellent guides on the internet to get you started. You will need patience and lots and lots of air, but it's a rewarding experience when you get it down and realize it is not such a dark art after all.

The stock ergo and black magic regs are excellent, especially on mechs. Performance will be fine if you decide to keep the stock regs, as long as they are clean and properly lubed. Farting can be prevented by using stiffer valve spring/lighter main spring.

Last edited by paintballedbackin88 : 03-01-2013 at 04:15 PM.
paintballedbackin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:26 PM #7
FIERC3Punisher
It is what it is.

It's a right side feedneck not vert. Single trigger frame with the big fat plastic grips.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:28 PM #8
Oldandsneaky
Still My Pump Badge

Annual Supporting Member
I have the $30 ANS pump kit and I like it for the price. I had to smooth the machine marks off where it rubbed on the barrel. (Sometimes if I put a little twist on the handle it made a scratching niose.) If you get the CCM kit this would not be a problem. After I've played more I will probably get the CCM.

I think the only drawback to the stock regs is they take time to adjust. Once they are adjusted, they seem to stay that way.
Oldandsneaky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:19 AM #9
dirtraven

has been a member for 10 years
dirtraven is playing at Living Legends VII
dirtraven owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dirtraven supports Team VICIOUS
if you are gonna go the pump route, you get what u pay for. CCM kit is one of the better quality made and smooth kits out. Since your new to a cocker. Play with it for a few outings and then decide. You'll be surprised how a 'stock' cocker performs.

Good Ole Autococker

Red Camo/Blackened GTi
dirtraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:18 PM #10
FIERC3Punisher
It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtraven View Post
if you are gonna go the pump route, you get what u pay for. CCM kit is one of the better quality made and smooth kits out. Since your new to a cocker. Play with it for a few outings and then decide. You'll be surprised how a 'stock' cocker performs.
I've used a few before in the past but have never owned my own. Waiting to go play with it...