Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-28-2013, 11:00 PM #1
movieking79

Question if u don't use all ur co2 in ur tank

I am a new !! is it ok for it to sit and is so for how long and should u empty it and refill it before each use??? Also can u alternate between the two will it hurt the gun?
movieking79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2013, 07:18 AM #2
die.another.day

Im not 100% sure about Co2 tanks. Their regulators arent as well made as air. I think it should be okay. Yes you can alternate between Co2 and air its completly fine. Just be careful that if you have a higher class gun it will not accept co2 and you will break the gun.
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:49 AM #3
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
I replied in your other thread too.. But you'll be fine if you leave Co2 in the tank for extended periods of time. Just don't leave it anywhere near a heat source.

Also, before your tank gets filled next they will empty the tank entirely anyway- so don't worry about that.

You can alternate between Co2 and Compressed air on most guns- but you need to rechrono the gun after switching air sources as Co2 is unregulated and your speed will be different. (be sure to check your manual or with the manufacture of your gun before using Co2 on it if you're unsure whether its safe to use or not). Every gun that can run on Co2 can run on Compressed Air.. The inverse is not always true though.

You CANNOT alternate between Co2 and Air in the SAME tank. NEVER try that. I had a customer come into my store a few weeks ago with a Co2 tank that a scuba shop had filled to 1500psi with compressed air (for his bb gun) and that scared the **** outta me. Very dangerous.

Thankfully that guy purchased a paintball compressed air tank for future use on his bb gun, and he let me drain that Co2 tank before someone died.

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:21 AM #4
movieking79

i have a project salvo! and thank you for the info
movieking79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:35 PM #5
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japy View Post

Thankfully that guy purchased a paintball compressed air tank for future use on his bb gun, and he let me drain that Co2 tank before someone died.
The burst disc should have blown before anything got dangerous.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Dyoel182 is offline   Reply With Quote