Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2013, 05:36 PM #1
amarildo1406
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Etek shooting flat

Hi natinon,
I about to buy my first speed gun and I want to buy an ETEK 4 LT instead of a REFLEX, because the reliability and ease of maintenance. But I realy like the flat shot that REFLEX have.

There is some upgrade to make ETEK4 shots flat?
DYE Boomstick help on that ?

Thanks Nation
amarildo1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2013, 07:09 PM #2
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
-_-

An Apex will allow it to shoot flat, but other than that, a Reflex doesn't actually have a flat shot... I've played with both and they both shoot the same paintballs in the same trajectory with their stock barrels.
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.

EΔRL
aresfiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:20 AM #3
Seksirojo
Boats and Hoes
 
Seksirojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles Area
a sling shot?
Seksirojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:27 PM #4
rdpb197
 
 
rdpb197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: illinois
rdpb197 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
rdpb197 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
rdpb197 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
there isn't really a flat shot in paintball unless you use an apex
rdpb197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:27 PM #5
amarildo1406
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
-_-

An Apex will allow it to shoot flat, but other than that, a Reflex doesn't actually have a flat shot... I've played with both and they both shoot the same paintballs in the same trajectory with their stock barrels.
So you're saying that both shots paintballs at the same trajectory, I thought that Etek4 shoots ball in a arc trajectory and the reflex like others spoolies shots flat. Isn't it?

The apex is not an option, used it and I didn't like it.
amarildo1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:24 PM #6
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarildo1406 View Post
So you're saying that both shots paintballs at the same trajectory, I thought that Etek4 shoots ball in a arc trajectory and the reflex like others spoolies shots flat. Isn't it?


Spoolies aren't knowing for shooting flat and Eteks aren't known for shooting in an arc. The way that the bolt moves is NOT indicative of how the ball will move. Think of it like this, as long as the air is pushing the ball forward, they will have the same direction of force.
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.

EΔRL
aresfiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:27 PM #7
theVicious1
 
 
theVicious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Annual Supporting Member
Yes, both will shoot balls the same way. Rumors like this have been around for a long time. Cockers shoot farther/more accurate, the infamous angel lob, spool valves with flat trajectories....they all shoot the same trajectory unless there is another force at work, i.e. apex, flatline, sweep bolt.

Btw, apex isn't so bad. Throw it on a good barrel and it's very effective. Takes a lot of practice though, don't expect to buy it and become an ace right away.
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:37 PM #8
amarildo1406
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Ok understood. Thanks.
Someone have already owned a spool and poppet? There is one that you liked more, I know that's all personal preference, but if someone can share I'll appreciate.
amarildo1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:41 PM #9
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarildo1406 View Post
Ok understood. Thanks.
Someone have already owned a spool and poppet? There is one that you liked more, I know that's all personal preference, but if someone can share I'll appreciate.
I've owned a 2012 Reflex. In my opinion, brand new, the Reflex is the better buy than the Etek4, however, if you prefer poppets then the Etek4 is the better choice.
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.

EΔRL
aresfiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:42 PM #10
PEfan13oy
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
PEfan13oy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
i have an etek3 and i love it. only upgrade i have is the techt ifit inserts. Thinking bout buying an sl3 reg!
PEfan13oy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:24 PM #11
theVicious1
 
 
theVicious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarildo1406 View Post
Ok understood. Thanks.
Someone have already owned a spool and poppet? There is one that you liked more, I know that's all personal preference, but if someone can share I'll appreciate.
Yep, own multiples of both. I shoot a poppet more often because of the better efficiency, reliability, and ease of maintenance.

A spool will be smoother(usually), quieter, less barrel rise, less efficient, and require more frequent maintenance. Also, the maintenance is more difficult in that too much or too little lube will DRASTICALLY lower performance. Poppets are almost fool proof by comparison.

If you've never owned a spool before, go with a poppet. It will give you fewer problems.
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:51 PM #12
theVicious1
 
 
theVicious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEfan13oy View Post
i have an etek3 and i love it. only upgrade i have is the techt ifit inserts. Thinking bout buying an sl3 reg!
sl3 isn't so much an upgrade. You will literally gain no performance benefits over the stock reg. You'd be better off spending on something else.
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:51 PM #13
PEfan13oy
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
PEfan13oy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by theVicious1 View Post
sl3 isn't so much an upgrade. You will literally gain no performance benefits over the stock reg. You'd be better off spending on something else.
wow really? hmm, well then i guess the techt hush pro series bolt. my stock bolt is kinda scratched up a bit.
PEfan13oy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:33 PM #14
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen
 
abenguyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: DFW, TX
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post


Spoolies aren't knowing for shooting flat and Eteks aren't known for shooting in an arc. The way that the bolt moves is NOT indicative of how the ball will move. Think of it like this, as long as the air is pushing the ball forward, they will have the same direction of force.
Boom.

Physics.

/thread.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump