Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-27-2013, 02:51 PM #1
Maxx102
Paintball Jedi

has been a member for 10 years
2013 Dye GTG (Good to Go) Vest

Hello everyone,

I wasn't really sure if I should post here or under the recreation equipment section.

I was looking at the 2013 Dye GTG Vest and from what I can tell it comes with a 3+4 pod holder, admin pouch, air tank pouch, dump pouch, molle webbing on the right side....

My one question is this - does it have a built in holder for a camelback hydration system or no? It seems that's the only thing that's missing, unless it is there and they don't mention it.
Maxx102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2013, 08:29 PM #2
TeknoMonkey

Howdy Maxx. Yes it does. If you youtube search for drewolf, you can see a review on the vest itself and all the features on his channel. I'm trying to figure out as well if I want to buy this or the other harness that dye sells. Hope this helps.
TeknoMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:36 AM #3
Maxx102
Paintball Jedi

Hey, thanks TeknoMonkey - I'll have to look drewolf up.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:21 AM #4
WldWzl
Limp Gawd

Annual Supporting Member
WldWzl donated to help Peyton Trent
WldWzl supports our troops
I have the vest and I like it. I use it for scenario games when I carry more gear and my TiPX. The only thing I haven't really been able to find is much info on how large of a water bladder will fit in the back.

Let me know if you want pictures of anything, I had a heck of a time finding any info on the vest before I bought it.
WldWzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:39 PM #5
JCHoefer

JCHoefer is a Supporting Member
JCHoefer is a founding member
Sizing-wise....OK for 2XL?
Ultimate Revenge 2 (Blue & Silver Acid Wash w/ Black Sponge), Gloss Black CCM Series 6, Bob Long MVP (Olive), DYE DAM (Black), Sterling STP (Blue), Half-Blocked E-Cocker w/ MQ2, Sniper III w/ BOA Concealer (converted to undercocking), Metadyne HAVOC launcher, Metadyne Thumbper, Pair of Gobins, Airstar Nova 700, F2 Illustrator, Spyder SE (running 265fps@210psi)
JCHoefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:48 PM #6
Maxx102
Paintball Jedi

JCHoefer, I bought one from a guy who was selling his new one on Craigslist...fits great and I'm a big guy as well and it fits fine.....let me know if you want to know more.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:56 PM #7
JCHoefer

Thanks! Trying to decide between that and Valken setup (about the same price). Don't need the tank bag, but everything else seems nice.
Ultimate Revenge 2 (Blue & Silver Acid Wash w/ Black Sponge), Gloss Black CCM Series 6, Bob Long MVP (Olive), DYE DAM (Black), Sterling STP (Blue), Half-Blocked E-Cocker w/ MQ2, Sniper III w/ BOA Concealer (converted to undercocking), Metadyne HAVOC launcher, Metadyne Thumbper, Pair of Gobins, Airstar Nova 700, F2 Illustrator, Spyder SE (running 265fps@210psi)
Old 04-12-2013, 12:35 PM #8
Maxx102
Paintball Jedi

Well I so far love mine..

The vest was practically brand new when I bought it...it was only used in one day of play, so it had some paint on it....no biggy....I just hung it on a rod in my shower, turned on the cold water and hosed it off and let it air dry...good as new.

Because the vest is in Dye cam, that meant everything has to be Dyecam, but i've been slowly buying what I need...about the only two things I don't have in dyecam now is boots and gloves. I know technically I didn't have to....but my OCD would drive me nuts if I didn't.

One thing that I noticed is the 3 pod holders have an elastic cord that is adjustable. The tighter it is...the more retention it has on the pods....downside - if you prefer to put them back after reloading it won't let you.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:44 AM #9
uscav24

uscav24 is playing at Living Legends VI
uscav24 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
uscav24 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
uscav24 supports DLX Technology
Are the pod holders on the back MOLLE?
Old 04-20-2013, 08:19 PM #10
JCHoefer

No...they are sewn on. There's a little molle webbing on the left side if the vest, and a lot on the right, but that's about it.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:53 AM #11
uscav24

uscav24 is playing at Living Legends VI
uscav24 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
uscav24 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
uscav24 supports DLX Technology
For you guys that have it and have probably used it a few times by now, what do you think? Is it worth the 130?
Old 06-28-2013, 12:11 PM #12
AssassinVeteran
Scrub

AssassinVeteran has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
AssassinVeteran has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Just ordered this, pretty excited!
Edit: Just got it, very good quality, had to fiddle around with the zipper, overall pretty sweet. Biggest complaint is that your neck will get scratched a lot by this, so I wear a shemagh. 10/10 would buy.

Last edited by AssassinVeteran : 06-29-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: update
AssassinVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:30 PM #13
r90t
Doc

r90t is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinVeteran View Post
Just ordered this, pretty excited!
Edit: Just got it, very good quality, had to fiddle around with the zipper, overall pretty sweet. Biggest complaint is that your neck will get scratched a lot by this, so I wear a shemagh. 10/10 would buy.
My standard dye vest took a 100 oz camelbak bladder. Wore it for D-Day and with the lightweight dye cam top, no neck chafing. Others were wearing the GTG vest without issues as well. Great vest for the price.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:11 PM #14
Maxx102
Paintball Jedi

I too wear a Dye mod top 2.0 with a zip up collar and I've never noticed any neck chafing.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:44 PM #15
maxdublas

water bladder fitting

i have the 2011 Dye Tactical Assault Paintball Harness (this is the open chest tactical model), this one comes with what it seems to be a built in holder or pocket you may say for a water bladder and although the pocket itself is like 9 inches by 10 inches, the hole from where you should get the water bladder inside is like 3 inches what makes imposible to fit a water bladder in the pocket, i am looking for answers of what type and size of water bladders should fit in this harness but i haven't come across any solution or any comment on this particular matter, i think this is design problem, does anyone have a solution or answer for this problem, has anyone fit a water bladder on a 2011 Dye Tactical Assault Paintball Harness?
maxdublas is offline   Reply With Quote