PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-27-2013, 07:05 PM #43
Zach-Ramirez

Zach-Ramirez is playing at Living Legends VI
Zach-Ramirez owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Zach-Ramirez supports DLX Technology
I really hope it is affordable like $1,200-$1,300 if it is like the Vanquish, Luxe, and Clone GT prices I wont go for it
Zach-Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2013, 07:09 PM #44
facelesskillah

facelesskillah owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Lol thanks for correcting me "decibels" my fault for posting on forums and driving .
But that is awesome tho it is a different sound it still showed up 3 decibel quieter for a poppet valve that's great
facelesskillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:37 PM #45
Mikedshipley

Mikedshipley owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ego9 to lv1

I've been waiting for the new ego/Lv1 for a long time. I really like this new design even if people are haters. The reason I haven't bought a ego 10 or 11 is because my family has had 2 kids money been tight but my wife has giving me the go ahead this year to buy a new marker and I know what I'm getting even though I haven't shot one. Seeing how I live in Canada I will probably have to wait a few months to hold one but I will be purchasing one ASAP. Thanks pe for making a kick *** ego09 that hasn't let me down but it's time to upgrade and I think a perfect upgrade is the LV1.
Mikedshipley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:00 PM #46
Team Capital Offense

Team Capital Offense owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by facelesskillah View Post
Jack,
Did you guys by chance to a decimal sound test to the new ego and possibly any others? I would be interested at what a decimal reader would show
I have and it is 3 decibels lower than the GEO3. It is incredibly quiet - my team mates told me after drills that they could never hear me shoot - only the sound of my paint whizzing by them.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:03 PM #47
Team Capital Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by universal_dave View Post
Question: Has it been tested to see whether the tank input pressure (regular vs LP vs SLP) has any effect and are there any recommendations about which to use with the LV1?
The LV was designed to run low, mid and high pressure with equal results - it makes no difference
Old 02-27-2013, 09:04 PM #48
96 Ls lnteg
Hola

Annual Supporting Member
96 Ls lnteg is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
96 Ls lnteg is a Paintball photographer
96 Ls lnteg owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Capital Offense View Post

The LV was designed to run low, mid and high pressure with equal results - it makes no difference
Awesome
Old 02-27-2013, 09:07 PM #49
garticus
A n P

garticus plays in the PSP
garticus owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
garticus owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
garticus plays in the APPA beginner division
I shall go make room in my gear bag.
....I tech G22 level aircraft apparatus....
.....ARINC 429 reader.....
garticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:08 PM #50
facelesskillah

Hmm question: we're the sounds test done in the exact same environment when Testing the ego and the geo?
2 different places will give different readings
Old 02-27-2013, 09:11 PM #51
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by facelesskillah View Post
Hmm question: we're the sounds test done in the exact same environment when Testing the ego and the geo?
2 different places will give different readings
Dave will respond when he sees this, but he's no idiot so I'm sure he already knows what you stated and would have done the test at the same time.

Last edited by Vicious49 : 02-27-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:14 PM #52
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I don't doubt the 3dB but the tone (frequency) and duration affect the perceived sound/loudness as much or more than the actual SPL in dB. But still, it's super quiet. Just the fact that we're comparing it to a GEO says a lot.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:27 PM #53
Team Capital Offense

My testimonial:

I have been beta testing the LV since November of last year and I must say that it has been an absolute blast to get to learn this gun. Like everyone, I scratched my head when I first saw it - BUT not in a bad way. I actually dig the looks...it is just that it is so different from what we are used to, I think people are reacting to the shock. One of the things that has always bugged me about my EGOs is the LPR. The elimination of the external LPR cap is an AMAZING enhancement for the feel and ergonomics of shooting the LV. I can now wrap my hand along the bore and barrel like I can on a GEO, which adds stability and comfort while shooting, as well as quicker transitions from left hand to right hand. I have never had a problem with my hand getting uncomfortably wedged between the grip frame and HPR with the gas pipe assembly. In fact, the gas pipe has also been fantastic, as I play in very cold weather sometimes and ALWAYS had little annoying macroline leaks that came and went - NO MORE. this thing seals up in 15 degree weather (which I played in this winter, with snow on the ground and the gun performed flawlessly) or warm weather. Disassembly is also smoother and easier with the air pipe assembly...no more tugging on macrolines!

As for the rubber on the front - it is all subjective. I dont necessarily love the look of the rubber, but I love the FEEL of the rubber - it helps glue the gun in my hands and make for better shooting experience. combine the higher hand placement along the bore and a more balanced feel to the gun overall (much sturdier and more balanced than previous EGOs in my opinion), with the glue-like grip I have with the rubber up front, and you have a dramatically enhanced shooting platform.

But I really could care less about looks - if Jack gave me a gun that looked like a cinder block but it performed great, I would use it!! The internals is really what does it for me with this gun. The PE team has made tremendous advances in the function, performance, maintenance with this gun.

Let's start with the most obvious wow factor - the cam lever assembly. The great thing about EGOs over the years has been ease of maintenance, high cycle speeds and good efficiency, largely due to the poppet design. Where it suffered was sound signature and smoothness. The cam lever design changes all that. It offers the same level of ease of maintenance but dramatically quiets the gun down by slowly opening the exhaust valve via the cam lever. Think of it like a suppressor on a firearm - by allowing the gases in the gun to expand more slowly, you reduce the sound from the shot. My tests show a full 3 decibel reduction in sound over the GEO3 - THAT IS QUIET!!!!! My team mates tell me they cannot hear me shooting - and they and other people say they hear my paint whizzing and breaking over the sound of the gun. This slower expansion also smooths the shot out - much less vibration in the operation. This is further assisted by the addition of a valve stem - a new piece that goes over the valve spring that reduces the turbulence inside the operation of the gun. Finally, a newly designed, bulbous exhaust valve further reduces the turbulence. All combined, you have by far and away the smoothest shooting EGO ever. I really can't say enough about these enhancements...and I have taken a lot of time to really delve in and understand how they all work together - it isnt just one thing here or there - Jack and team completely rennovated the platform - to the point where I said it should be called something new entirely!! It is like a magical frankenstein of different gun platforms!

But while the cam lever slows down the opening of the valve and quieting/smoothing the shot, it does NOT slow the operation of the bolt and rammer - these still have the high cycle rates that EGO users expect. Two rammers will be coming with the guns as I understand it, which all of us beta testers have been using both. One is larger and smoother shooting, the other is tapered and provides better efficiency.

And when you combine the mix and match capabilities of the rammers with the same SFR design carried over from the EGO11, you have a dramatic ability to fine tune the LV to YOUR needs - faster, slower, smoother, quieter - it can really be tuned like a race car to get what you want out of it...mess with the dwell, SFRs, and different rammers and see what you can come up with - I have had a lot of fun trying different combos and permutations to see what works best for me!

I have some other results that I will share later, but as my hands are getting tired, I would be remiss to not mention the efficiency this gun gets. I have been getting close to A CASE OF PAINT on a single 68/4500 fill!!!!! Literally, in 18 degree weather, I was getting 1850 rounds off a hot fill. THAT IS CRAZY!!!!

Bottom line is that while the gun may look strange to folks, the "strangeness" has functional merits. And behind the look, are the most amazing advances in technology I have seen on a poppet platform. The gun is just freaking awesome. I was a huge GEO3 fan, as was most of my team. We are ALL switching to the LV full time. Jack is maniacal laughing at his desk about all the bipolar EGO/GEO personality complexes he is creating...both guns are fantastic, but I have to give the LV the edge in a competition, and it is really advances the ball of the EGO line.

Please feel free to ask me any questions on the forum or PM - happy to discuss my testing results.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:29 PM #54
Team Capital Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
I don't doubt the 3dB but the tone (frequency) and duration affect the perceived sound/loudness as much or more than the actual SPL in dB. But still, it's super quiet. Just the fact that we're comparing it to a GEO says a lot.
Yup - absolutely - and also another thing i forgot to mention is that it does still have a different signature - still has the pop pop of a poppet, rather than chunk chunk of a GEO, but regardless, it is quieter...on the business end of the gun, it is scary-quiet.

And Farhan is correct, i did all tests in same place, same time, same air tank, same barrel, etc.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:11 PM #55
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

Annual Supporting Member
oldmanian is a Supporting Member
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
oldmanian supports our troops
oldmanian supports DLX Technology
Kudos to Jack and the team. This really looks like a great seto of features/shanged for the new Ego.

If I can make one request, can we get a video of it shooting and some teardown stuff (XLuben style) or with Lurker (I think that was mentioned in the other thread), or with Jack narrating all of the goodiousness.

I really want to know more about this.

Again. Kudos gentleman, this looks like a great reflection of your talents and efforts in the re-design of the platform. What I always find myself laughing about is the haters griping about PE not making enough changes and not pushing the platform and such. Everytime, PE answers with a desing shcnge that makes you think, damn that is a great idea. The Ego 11 noid is a classic example. It seems like the valve system in the LV1 is the latest of the the "Oh, that is such a good idea" line of PE improvements. I am sure that the looks of the marker will still generate webhate but that is because if those people couldn't get out the anger on the web they might be out clubbing baby seals or the like.

Just great job by PE. Makes me happy that so many good products are coming out now and I am fully in the belief that the EGO LV1 is at the top of the heap.
Originally posted by Lurker27:" ...incompetence has no raw material..."
oldmanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:13 PM #56
Ginger.5
AA ALL DAY!

Ginger.5 plays in the PSP
Ginger.5 supports Team VICIOUS
woah
OWEN HOOD #47
ADRENALIN ARMY 2014
>EKK<>G.I. SPORTZ<>ADRENALIN PAINTBALL<>BIG INDIAN PAINTBALL PARK<>HK ARMY<
Ginger.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:23 PM #57
Brules
MFCEO

Annual Supporting Member
Brules is Boss
Quote:
I have and it is 3 decibels lower than the GEO3. It is incredibly quiet - my team mates told me after drills that they could never hear me shoot - only the sound of my paint whizzing by them.
If true, thats bad ***.....
Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 PM #58
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

petedaddy plays in the APPA D4 division
Would love see an animation of the firing cycle...
petedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:48 PM #59
Alvecchio

Alvecchio plays in the PSP
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by petedaddy View Post
Would love see an animation of the firing cycle...
its basically the same as the prior egos but instead of the rammer directly striking the valve stem, it strikes a cam lever that presses against the valve stem.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:20 AM #60
facelesskillah

Quote:
Could you by chance list the final readings between them it would be interesting where their at
Old 02-28-2013, 05:42 AM #61
Barney

Barney owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Barney supports Empire
Barney is All In
When I saw you guys were releasing a new Ego I thought "why". I really saw no point in shooting a poppet gun when the Geo3 is very efficient and requires so little maintenance. A poppet design just seemed past its prime. Why did I doubt you? This thing is brilliant.
Barn
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:06 AM #62
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coenen View Post
Two questions that I haven't seen asked yet:

First, when/if the rubberized foregrip area starts to wear, or is damaged etc. is it possible to have it removed and replaced?

Second, will this be the main production Ego for the foreseeable future in the same way that the Ego 11 was, or will we start to see more frequent releases and revisions again since this platform is new and radically different?

The jury seems to be out for a lot of people, for my part, I love what I've seen so far. Lots of cool stuff going on in there, and the whole marker just looks mean. It looks like it's going to rough up other guns and steal their lunch money.
Yes the rubber can be removed and replaced. Quick and easy.

No this will not mean a return to annual releases.
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:17 AM #63
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikedshipley View Post
I've been waiting for the new ego/Lv1 for a long time. I really like this new design even if people are haters. The reason I haven't bought a ego 10 or 11 is because my family has had 2 kids money been tight but my wife has giving me the go ahead this year to buy a new marker and I know what I'm getting even though I haven't shot one. Seeing how I live in Canada I will probably have to wait a few months to hold one but I will be purchasing one ASAP. Thanks pe for making a kick *** ego09 that hasn't let me down but it's time to upgrade and I think a perfect upgrade is the LV1.
You're welcome. I hope your new gun serves you just as well over the next couple of years
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote