xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
The ergonomics of this gun are incredible. There are many things that contribute to a gun that just feels perfect when you hold it. The rubberized foregrip is excellent. It provides a similar feel and level of grip to that of the regular grip panels. I don't know why it has taken the paintball industry so long to move to this in the first place. The wrap around style of the rubber makes it very easy to hold in any manner you choose.

The flush fit LPR is also a real winner to me. In the past I have always been a GEO shooter, simply because I like how they shoot and feel better than an EGO. The flush LPR goes a long way to change that. Now you can hold it directly under the barrel. And with the rubberized grip it feels even better. I truly hope this comes to the GEO platform eventually. I think after people try it, most will agree.

The air line where it is, may seem similar to the macroline, but I feel it's better in just about every way. It exits the HPR in the same spot as a macroline, but it does not hang down. There is really no way you can think of it as being in the way more than a macroline (as some people have suggested). At worst it's the same, but IMO it really is better. It is also very robust and simple. It will still allow for easy troubleshooting and maintenance, unlike other designs.

The overall spacing between the grip and HPR is slightly longer and makes the overall gun feel more balanced. All these things along with the grip moved even higher up towards the barrel plane the gun holds/aims perfectly. It is really comfortable and natural to hold and shoot. And so far all those great changes are purely ergonomic. The real meat of the difference is inside...

The cam driven valve and the changes to the geometry of the valve itself have completely transformed how the gun shoots. The valve and spring design along with larger airflow paths have made it much easier and more efficient to get air behind the ball. The way the cam drive opens the valve has also had a huge impact on the overall shot. It is much, much smoother than any other EGO and operates at lower pressures.

Really the way this things shoots is the biggest difference. It really is totally different. I feel it is on par with a GEO or other spool valve. It is just that smooth and quiet. The first time you shoot it, it will immediately be apparent that this is different than any EGO of the past. Along with the great shot, the overall feel of the gun is amazing. This is finally an EGO that I would consider picking up over a GEO.

I urge people to wait until they've actually held and shot this gun before making a judgement on whether or not they like it. Once you've actually held and shot it, I feel many people will really, really like it!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:13 PM #24
Alvecchio

Alvecchio plays in the PSP
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xluben you've already been cited in the testimonials haha
Old 02-27-2013, 03:16 PM #25
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

petedaddy plays in the APPA D4 division
holy balls
petedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:17 PM #26
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvecchio View Post
xluben you've already been cited in the testimonials haha
I guess I need to read all the posts first. Lol.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:32 PM #27
special k 23
yeah.....ima cock.....

special k 23 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
special k 23 plays in the APPA D4 division
the more i read about this gun the more i want one and begin to really appreciate the innovation that went into it. always been a fan of planet eclipse ever since dgx hooked us up with a sponsorship in 07. if only i didnt pick up a geo3 last month. lol
special k 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:36 PM #28
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Shooting video!!!!!!!!

* luben
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:39 PM #29
facelesskillah

facelesskillah owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Jack,
Did you guys by chance to a decimal sound test to the new ego and possibly any others? I would be interested at what a decimal reader would show
facelesskillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:43 PM #30
ammoeller
its morphin time

ammoeller is playing at Living Legends VII
ammoeller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ammoeller owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ammoeller supports Team VICIOUS
I love how much Planet Eclipse has put into their new product. This will probably be the first "new release" gun I purchase. Thanks Planet for all that your do.

edit: ans now has their pics up, nvm

Last edited by ammoeller : 02-27-2013 at 04:46 PM.
ammoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:44 PM #31
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenguyen View Post
Shooting video!!!!!!!!

* luben
JAAAAACK!!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:51 PM #32
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by facelesskillah View Post
Jack,
Did you guys by chance to a decimal sound test to the new ego and possibly any others? I would be interested at what a decimal reader would show
I know someone who did and they said it was 3 DBs quieter than the Geo3. It's still a different sound signature than the Geo though obviously since that's a spoolie with more of a 'whoosh' sound.

The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:53 PM #33
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by facelesskillah View Post
Jack,
Think you mean "decibel" bud :p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
JAAAAACK!!!!
Yea JAAACKKK!!! Let him post a video!!!! that'll shut all the haters up hehehehehe.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:57 PM #34
Alvecchio

Quote:
Originally Posted by abenguyen View Post
Think you mean "decibel" bud :p.

Yea JAAACKKK!!! Let him post a video!!!! that'll shut all the haters up hehehehehe.
lol

.... ... ... .. ... . ... .. . ...... . .... .. .....
... . . .. ... .. .. . .. . .. .. .... .. . . .... .. ..

I don't hear anything...and that's a lot of decimals. Apparently decimals make no noise at all!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:00 PM #35
Project Secret II
PR # 1 Seller/Trader

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
JAAAAACK!!!!
Just do it.

lol

eBay Feedback
Project Secret II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:29 PM #36
Manny2
Hi hater!! Gun whore#1

Manny2 is BST Legit
Manny2 supports Team VICIOUS
Manny2 supports DLX Technology
Manny2 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Well only if the Csl set frame would of been on this lv1.

I'll wait till this lv1 drops in price then try it.
NoT hating but not my cup of tea to drop funds into it
Old 02-27-2013, 04:30 PM #37
tniz

tniz owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tniz plays in the APPA D4 division
I've had the opportunity to be shooting this for the past couple months here in the northeast. When I first opened the box, I was a little taken back, like most of you all here on the nation. The rubber grips, and the AT confused me and I was confident I wouldn't like it. I've always been a fan of the GEOs as I can get a good handle on the foregrip while running, and I immediately fell in love with the new LPR design. It allowed me to hold the gun tighter and shoulder it properly on the move. Throw in the rubberized grip, and it actually made for a comfortable setup. Thankfully, the rubber is a little firmer than some of the other materials but still had a little tack and wasn't slippery. Now that I felt comfortable with layout of the front of the gun, my next battle was getting over the transfer tube. I was certain it would get in the way when switching hands, or worse break should my rather large body takes an awkward dive. I voiced my concerns to Jack about the tube, and he mentioned that it would be possible to use it with standard macro, but that I should give it's stock setup a chance first. Switching hands was not an issue, and I've taken my fair share of horrible dives while learning how to dive into the snake . I've knocked my mask off mid game, saw my hopper go flying, but found the LV1 still aired up with no leaks from the AT.

As far as performance goes, I've tried to beat on this thing. We've had a really rough winter in New England, and I had no issues with going from playing indoor to heading outside in the lower 30* weather. I personally, don't love the way it looks. It's not ugly by any means, but I feel some of the previous years had better milling. The big thing for me, is that any lack of aesthetic appeal was greatly outweighed by performance gains. The redesigned valve, lower operating pressures, and the lever setup is really going to redefine how ego's shoot. By mechanically slowing down the opening of the valve, it was pretty easy to feel that the shot wasn't as "violent" leading to a much softer shot both physically and aurally. With the GEO3, I got flamed for all my efficiency talk, so I'm going to leave that for each user to experience based on their setup, settings, and environmental factors. I will say, I have no fears of stepping onto any airball field or into any big game scenario and running out of air

As far as routine maintenance goes. It was typical EGO maintenance. Most of the dis-assembly is all done with no tools making it easy to strip in the pits. It did take a couple attempts to get used to removing and installing the lpr cap, but I was over complicating it.

Do you have a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
Do you know anyone with a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
If so, PM me, would like to buy it back
tniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:36 PM #38
universal_dave
TIP#001

Annual Supporting Member
universal_dave is playing at Living Legends VII
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
universal_dave has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Question: Has it been tested to see whether the tank input pressure (regular vs LP vs SLP) has any effect and are there any recommendations about which to use with the LV1?

Tim2Thousand4 is shady, his word doesn't mean anything. If you had a good experience with him, my opinion is that you got lucky.

GSL | CSL | SLS | SL8R | VCom | G6r | Insight | Victus | Lance #1
universal_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:44 PM #39
Alvecchio

Quote:
Originally Posted by universal_dave View Post
Question: Has it been tested to see whether the tank input pressure (regular vs LP vs SLP) has any effect and are there any recommendations about which to use with the LV1?
As a general rule of thumb I've always found the lowest pressure possible that will not experience shoot down works best overall. I know some people were saying they could use an SLP on their 11 without major issues so I'd expect you could with the LV1 too. I used it with a tank that has a 450 PSI output and got no shootdown issues at all.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:59 PM #40
Shecki
Clockwork Clothing

Annual Supporting Member
Shecki is a Supporting Member
Shecki plays in the PSP
Shecki owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Shecki owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shecki supports our troops
Shecki plays in the APPA D3 division
I don't post on PBN too often anymore...but here's my take on the new LV1 after my time with it so far.....

Iíve been fortunate to have been shooting the LV1 for the past few weeks. I will admit, at first glance of the marker...I wasn't super excited. It looked different....but much like most major changes when youíre used to something already being ďnormalĒ or ďcomfortableĒ, those major changes are always going to seem off putting at first. The gun has grown on me in regards to itís looks over the past few weeks. And I actually quite enjoy it now. Seeing it in other colors than just the black that I have here....shows just how much thought went into the guns aesthetic design as well as itís operational design.

I live in New England. New Hampshire to be exact. Iíve been shooting various paints through the LV1, in various weather conditions, under varying circumstances. Iíve had the gun in extremely low temps, and have had it at an indoor field as well....and itís proven to be very reliable in all circumstances. When it arrived....it shot great. I had a slight issue with it shooting low in extreme extreme cold, which was easily remedied by a quick turn of the LPR. It came set a little lower than what I believe the gun will ship at....but since the change, the gun has performed absolutely flawless. In fact....Iíve yet to break a ball....barrel or breech.....in the gun yet after several cases of paint in some rugged temps.

The gun balances extremely well. I know at first glance some are saying it looks big. Itís not. Once you start playing with it, you quickly realize that it feels much like your Ego11....but only a little more comfortable. Your grip hand placement couldnít be more perfect, and with the rubber wrapping around the entire grip console, the gun is extremely comfortable to play with.

It shoots, like most have reported, extremely smooth. Actually, scary smooth. I really wasnít expecting much of a change from the Ego11....but this has certainly set the bar very high. All this and Iíve yet to even turn down the solenoids flow control valve from itís stock settings to obtain an even smoother shot. Itís as smooth as my Geo3, if not smoother and quieter, but has a different shot feel from that gun all together.

Anyone in the area is welcome to come find me and Iíd be more than happy to lend it out to you to play some points/games with it. I think youíll enjoy what they brought to the table with this gun quite a bit.

Original Feedback

Clockwork Clothing

For all of your printed apparel needs ! ! !
Shecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:02 PM #41
Coenen
K-K-k-k-YEAH!

has been a member for 10 years
Coenen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Coenen supports Team VICIOUS
Coenen plays in the APPA D4 division
Coenen has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Two questions that I haven't seen asked yet:

First, when/if the rubberized foregrip area starts to wear, or is damaged etc. is it possible to have it removed and replaced?

Second, will this be the main production Ego for the foreseeable future in the same way that the Ego 11 was, or will we start to see more frequent releases and revisions again since this platform is new and radically different?

The jury seems to be out for a lot of people, for my part, I love what I've seen so far. Lots of cool stuff going on in there, and the whole marker just looks mean. It looks like it's going to rough up other guns and steal their lunch money.
...and it's gone.
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:31 PM #42
CatoRockwell
Mercenary

CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Mind.... BLOWN

I honestly thought after having my Geo3, "There is no way I am going back to Ego's. I bet the new one will be cool, but I'm sticking with my Geo3." After seeing the changes, reading about them, and hearing the testimonials on them. I am at the edge of my seat in anticipation of when I can get mine.

Once again, congrats Planet Eclipse for a job well done.
"Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy; and when you strike and overcome him, never let up in the pursuit. Never fight against heavy odds if you can hurl your own force on only a part of your enemy and crush it. A small army may thus destroy a large one, and repeated victory will make you invincible." -Thomas Stonewall Jackson
CatoRockwell is offline   Reply With Quote