ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ plays in the PSP
ScottQ supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShooter View Post
Both grips look cheap, the trigger looks like something from 2002, and the ASA looks horribly chunky. The exposed screws I think are what makes the front grip really look tacky. Frankly, the tapered look the carbon tip gives the gun doesn't do anything for it either.
Will you be at any PSP event this year? Let me know and I'll let you give it a spin. I promise that you have the wrong impression of the rubber material. Also The ASA/Reg is only slightly larger than the average pops system.(The reg can also be serviced)

We expected this sort of reaction because it is new and different. If we didn't have naysayers then my job would be pointless. The Vanquish was designed with the player in mind and everything on it has a purpose. I've been using it for 8 months - it might not be for everyone but the quality is there and it shoots great.

"There are two types of people in this world. Those who love Neil Diamond and those who don't."
ScottQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2013, 08:51 PM #44
Supremacy Paintball

Supremacy Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I bet it is amazing! Ill wait to try one before I pass judgement. I've had a few Luxes that people think they are beautiful. They were both garbage, and were sold. Ill put function before looks any day!!

I would sign up to test one to shut people up !

Last edited by Supremacy Paintball : 02-27-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Supremacy Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 PM #45
neosa

neosa is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supremacy Paintball View Post
I bet it is amazing! Ill wait to try one before I pass judgement. I've had a few Luxes that people think they are beautiful. They were both garbage, and were sold. Ill put function before looks any day!!
Ill have to agree with this. I really could careless about how it looks as long it performs well and is reliable. The only thing holding me back is that 1.5k price tag.

Either way looks better than the random tube put in the front grip that PE put out for their "macroless" design. Just sayin.
neosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:24 PM #46
flalasoya
Orlando.

Kinda mad they dont have a blue or gold gun. Plus dust colors would be nice. My question is how is this any different from the luxe other than the obvious
flalasoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:28 PM #47
B BoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flalasoya View Post
Kinda mad they dont have a blue or gold gun. Plus dust colors would be nice. My question is how is this any different from the luxe other than the obvious
The only thing this compares to a Luxe in is the bolt.
Virtue Paintball
|O'HARE Paintball Park |
B BoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:18 PM #48
Element Paintball
is now FACTOR PAINTBALL

Annual Supporting Member
Element Paintball is a Supporting Member
Element Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Element Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Lets all just hope for an XSV or vicious version with much better milling and an attempt to hide all the screws. I sure this shoots fantastic but for $1500 it has to be the best in every category, not just one or two. I'm a big empire fan. I've pushed the axe on almost every new player asking for advice on a first marker, even before I started making triggers. I hope this does well. I'd love to pick up one to show my support, but tuition is kicking my arse!
Element Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:30 PM #49
flalasoya
Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B BoP View Post
The only thing this compares to a Luxe in is the bolt.
So it's Top half luxe. Bottom half axe-like. And something I thought why not just black out the screws I bet they could make that possible but I want more colors and milling for the private guns not like the geos with an anno
flalasoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 PM #50
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottQ View Post
Will you be at any PSP event this year? Let me know and I'll let you give it a spin. I promise that you have the wrong impression of the rubber material. Also The ASA/Reg is only slightly larger than the average pops system.(The reg can also be serviced)

We expected this sort of reaction because it is new and different. If we didn't have naysayers then my job would be pointless. The Vanquish was designed with the player in mind and everything on it has a purpose. I've been using it for 8 months - it might not be for everyone but the quality is there and it shoots great.
Most likely not but I'm sure there'll be someone local that will let me handle it. The thing is, even though I'm admittedly not a KEE fan I was looking forward to seeing what they came up with on this. I'm not the typical PBN naysayer who doesn't like change, I love tech. But I can't reconcile the seemingly minor technical improvements with the boat load of butt-ugly. Sorry
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:36 PM #51
crowntheking

Annual Supporting Member
crowntheking plays in the PSP
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends V
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends VI
crowntheking supports Team VICIOUS
crowntheking is Legendary
crowntheking supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShooter

Most likely not but I'm sure there'll be someone local that will let me handle it. The thing is, even though I'm admittedly not a KEE fan I was looking forward to seeing what they came up with on this. I'm not the typical PBN naysayer who doesn't like change, I love tech. But I can't reconcile the seemingly minor technical improvements with the boat load of butt-ugly. Sorry
I'm different. Ill get one. Try it. Then sell it and write a review.
crowntheking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 PM #52
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottQ View Post

you are the person who should be responding in this thread. stowey should stay away

The nice thing you guys have going for you is it wasn't the ugliest gun released at PBE, actually its not that bad looking. Why did you guys go with the super freak kit and not the new sniper barrel kit, which in fact blows the super freak away.

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback

Last edited by bulzeye : 02-27-2013 at 10:57 PM.
bulzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:56 PM #53
B BoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flalasoya View Post
So it's Top half luxe. Bottom half axe-like. And something I thought why not just black out the screws I bet they could make that possible but I want more colors and milling for the private guns not like the geos with an anno

They need to have the color options how the GT does to an extent and how DLX has it. Making the color schemes custom will help offset some views on the overall looks of the marker imo since the owner has a "say" in the finished design.
Virtue Paintball
|O'HARE Paintball Park |
B BoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:41 PM #54
THE MEANSTREAK
TEAM MEANSTREAK

THE MEANSTREAK owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
THE MEANSTREAK supports Team VICIOUS
THE MEANSTREAK has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Can someone sum up the efficiency video? Unless the vid is 10 min. long because you can shoot 2 cases through it........?
THE MEANSTREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:48 PM #55
crowntheking

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MEANSTREAK
Can someone sum up the efficiency video? Unless the vid is 10 min. long because you can shoot 2 cases through it........?
1300 shots ish
Old 02-27-2013, 11:51 PM #56
THE MEANSTREAK
TEAM MEANSTREAK

THE MEANSTREAK supports Team VICIOUS
THE MEANSTREAK has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ya, I bit the bullet and watched it. Thanks
THE MEANSTREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:58 PM #57
crowntheking

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MEANSTREAK
Ya, I bit the bullet and watched it. Thanks
Lol I did to :/
Old 02-28-2013, 06:11 AM #58
kostis11

kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 is attending Decay of Nations VII
kostis11 supports DLX Technology
if its better than the luxe, i dont care so much about the way it looks
Old 02-28-2013, 07:02 AM #59
FallenHero_08
KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntheking View Post
Lol I did to :/
it was pretty disappointing and was terribly filmed. i want to shoot one though.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:21 AM #60
nolarrow

nolarrow plays in the APPA D4 division
nolarrow has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I just want to see how it shoots. Why would you do a goddamned efficiency video and you film the guy shooting instead of filming the f-ucking paint flying through the air - which is all that matters.

Edit: Yeah I saw the first video and the reason why I want to see more shooting vids is because the guy couldnt hit a foot wide pole from 25 yards away. The paint was raining down in a circular area instead of just dinging one spot like an accurate gun. It has a freak and he was shooting marballizer so I have no idea why it looks so piss poor.

Last edited by nolarrow : 02-28-2013 at 07:25 AM. Reason: fap
nolarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:51 AM #61
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
The operating pressure of the gun is around 160-170. Very air efficient for a spooley as well. It will have usb interface software where you can program the board, settings, even draw a picture with the pixels from your computer (and he is currently working on smartphones as well) and you can send friends these programmed settings via the files saved on the computer. I held one in my hands yesterday, feels like a luxe, but it was comfty. The guy who designed it used it at world cup with his team and they won their division, so I have high hopes for it. It will retail at $1500, and he hopes to release it sometime around June.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:02 AM #62
Omgsam

Omgsam has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Omgsam is attending Decay of Nations VI
Yes I agree the two screws on the front grip do not look right, especially for a $1500 gun. Maybe they could've color matched the screws, or have the front grip screws rest flush with the grip so it doesn't have that deep recess hole which imo kills the look.

Last edited by Omgsam : 02-28-2013 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Since the exposed screw was already brought up.
Omgsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:30 AM #63
KKoTerski
KCCO

KKoTerski plays in the PSP
KKoTerski plays in the MiLP
KKoTerski is an NCPA player
KKoTerski supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolarrow View Post

Edit: Yeah I saw the first video and the reason why I want to see more shooting vids is because the guy couldnt hit a foot wide pole from 25 yards away. The paint was raining down in a circular area instead of just dinging one spot like an accurate gun. It has a freak and he was shooting marballizer so I have no idea why it looks so piss poor.
Yeah if they were trying to make it look good in that video, it didnt work. Not to mention they got about 2 and 1/4 bags off of a 68... Not impressive by any means, even for spools. My Luxe gets better efficiency and shoots a muuuch tighter pattern, even with field paint. I suggest Empire release a more professional video that shows it being efficient and being able to shoot straight.

KKoTerski is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.