Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-26-2013, 05:25 PM #1
Dioxane

Dioxane supports Bob Gurnsey
Dioxane has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ninja Dura Pro CF 77/45 vs Dye Throttle 68/45

Hello Nation,

I was in the market to get a new tank and have narrowed it down to these two choices.

I have an assortment of guns, mostly Tippmann A-5s and Spyders. I just bought a DM11 and was wanting to upgrade from the aluminum PureEnergy 45/30 tanks.

I see that with the Ninja I can adjust the regulator to modify the output from 850 psi - 450 psi. Every other statistic is the same between except weight. The Ninja is 6oz heavier. (Not an issue )

The Throttle is made by Dye and so I would assume it is best paired with the Hyper Reg3 as it was made by the same company that made the marker and regulator.

Those that know more than I do, what is your opinion. Or - should I scrap the whole idea and get something else? I do prefer to buy new for masks and tanks.
Dioxane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:46 PM #2
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
From a strict standpoint on the markers you've listed your Tippmann and Spyders are going to need HP input pretty much no matter what. The Dm11 can use HP or LP but with it's operating pressure so low having a tank at low pressure will put less stress on your markers hpr. That's where I would say having the Ninja would be 'better' in that you can add or remove the shims that are already in the reg to swap between the stock HP and go down to LP. Then switch back to HP when you need too. The Throttle needs a spring/piston kit as far as I'm aware and would be more involved in swapping out.
From a monetary stand point Dye tanks are very expensive because of the name; however they do carry Tri-certifications. Which means you can use the same tank all over the world as they have DOT, TC, and PI certifications. Though if you are not traveling with your tank the extra cost should be considered.
If you love Dye I have heard good things about this new Throttle reg. The original release the Throttle regs were very hit or miss and weren't made for several years after that release until the last year or so when it came back.

I would also consider looking at the Review section of the site for some more opinions on the matter from people that have used the products.
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote