Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-26-2013, 04:52 PM #1
HPS Paintball
C.E.O. HPS,Inc.

Anyone else had issues with DP's warranty & service?

Let me start off by saying that I'm not new to the sport. I've been playing since the early 90's & have ran a store & field since 1998. I recently sent in a Dangerous Power FX for warrenty service. One of my customers bought this FX from my store new back in September. Since he bought it, he has probably used it around 6-7 times at the field. The last time he played with it, it started leaking from down the barrel, which is usualy the valve pin/cup seal, no big deal. When I removed the front cap & inspected the valve pin seal, it looked fine. I also compared it to another FX I had there to make sure. Tried to install a new valve pin but it still leaked. I looked down the air chamber & noticed the valve face had actually chipped off. The face was really thinly milled. I figured it had to be a factory defect & should be covered under warrenty, as factory defects are covered for 12 months & the bolt & ram assembly is covered for 6 months, no big deal, defects happen from time to time. I contacted DP & filled out a service paper with the RA#. To make a long story short, DP contacted my customer & is tring to charge him $78.00 for a factory defect, claiming it was a lack of maintenance. Has anyone else suffered from DP's lack of warrenty service?

Visit us on Facebook "HPS Paintball"
HPS Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2013, 05:04 PM #2
xmc1146
Mount Vernon, Wa

xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
the warranty only warrants those with out neglect if there is proof that there is neglect they will be charging you customer. how old is your customer and can he prove that he didnt neglect to take care of his marker? it will hard to prove without neglect if your customer is a kid. just sayin'
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:20 PM #3
HPS Paintball
C.E.O. HPS,Inc.

That's not the problem, this customer is 26 years old & has years of experience. The problem is that what they are claiming is not what I saw when I inspected it. They claim that the valve pin seal had worn & had caused metal on metal contact chipping the valve face. The valve pin seal was the first thing I checked & it wasn't worn.

Visit us on Facebook "HPS Paintball"
HPS Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote