PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-16-2004, 01:33 PM #1
fivestring

has been a member for 10 years
what is the benifit

ok i know that this was probably discussed earlier, but bear with me. what is the point of the one kit, obviously it "makes your gun electro-pneu", but there is a spring return, in a sense aren't we just reversing the action of a blowback, so how is this better than a electro sear tripper? the action still relies on both air and a spring in the end, just flip flopped. i am just fully grasping this. so if you get what i am saying, whats the point, why not just buy either the tes or if it was possible the tes grip(or something similar).
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2004, 01:41 PM #2
Schopf

The one is lower pressure and quieter. Less maintenance than a blowback. It was meant for mechanical spyder/clones and to turn it into a low pressure electro pneumatic that has a eye.(not yet)
It is supposedly faster than a blowback can be.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:47 PM #3
fivestring

ok so essentially it will be lower pressure, and "less maintenance" i'll tell you if it came down to looks, it looks good. i don't know i guess you get alot for the price.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:55 PM #4
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Plus, it removes the sear, so you wont have to replace a worn sear down the road. It also fires 10 bps faster then the TES, but we will need a faster hopper to feed it to actually see. After shooting my nused TES, I would rather trick it out then get the One at this time, however that may change if the noobs at the shop I work dont sell it before I get my hands on it, lol.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:08 PM #5
fivestring

so this thing really is that much faster than the spyder frame i was foolin' with last night? i'm not talking about putting it on full auto just walking as best i can.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:09 PM #6
[NA]WARLORD

Yes !! Compare 20 bps vs 13 bps, kind of like comparing a 12v Revvy X to a Halo B.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:53 PM #7
fivestring

speaking of loaders, with the one kit will i still be able to use my reloader? man i really like that thing and wouldn't want to have to get something else
Old 01-16-2004, 03:20 PM #8
TurpentineDreams

you could. if it keeps up.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:46 PM #9
BumFightKrew2003
v Noobs v

Ok, don't think of putting it on a electro-blowback. Think of putting it on a mechanical blowback. Then look at the benefits. Your trying to look at The One kit as if it were just made to upgrade the TES. It's made to make a mechanical blowback into a Electro-pneumo. I'm gonna buy one for my VL Genesis. It's gonna be MAD pimp once I get it. Do you see what I'm saying though? It can make a cheap mech-blowback into a KILLER electro-pneumo, for relatively cheap. If your gonna put it on a TES though. It has some minor advances, nothing major though.
-WGP Drop with on/off
-12v Revvy

"Originally posted by SpyderClone
Ha why dont u go trip ur noid newb. "
Old 01-16-2004, 04:01 PM #10
fivestring

bum, that is kind of what i am thinking about, i was just trying to justify spending that much money verse $80 for a spyder frame, but in all respect the one kit just sounds so much better
Old 01-16-2004, 04:08 PM #11
[NA]WARLORD

Try to justify this, if you spend money on a Spyder E Frame, your getting a sear tripper at 13 bps. If you buy the One Kit, you totally change the operation of your Spyder, making it lower pressure, less maintence, less recoil, ability to shoot 30 bps ( once a 30 bps loader becomes available). Also I would highly recommend a faster loader, the reloader will get you by at first, but as your finger speed quickens, and since the Spyder doesnt have an eye to help minize the chops, your definately going to need a fast loader. Until an eye becomes available, I would highly suggest the Jam anti chop bolt for some insurance against chopping.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:16 PM #12
fivestring

so you seriously think out of the box i might be out shooting the reloader, mind you i have never had an electronic marker where i could walk the trigger.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:35 PM #13
dye-playa
Drunken Balla

dye-playa is a Supporting Member
it is possible if youcan move ur fingers that fast, and it is really no difference in maintenence. This was discused when the one first came out, the mainenence for a blowback:
take appart clean internals and lube the bolt and the hammer

and for the one, or timmie:
take appart, clean, and lube the ram and bolt
the ram is lubed instead of lubing a hammer, cuz the hammer aint there
Old 01-16-2004, 05:40 PM #14
[NA]WARLORD

Actually, by maintence, I was refering to no sear to worry about replacing down the road. And yes, with practice, you can outshoot a 12vRevvyx, I have done it on my Tippmann, lol.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:45 PM #15
dye-playa
Drunken Balla

Quote:
Originally posted by Schopf
The one is lower pressure and quieter. Less maintenance than a blowback. It was meant for mechanical spyder/clones and to turn it into a low pressure electro pneumatic that has a eye.(not yet)
It is supposedly faster than a blowback can be.
this is what iwas refering to but you are right
Old 01-17-2004, 02:11 AM #16
bird

How does the One kit effect chops? When I chop now it will not always cock the gun again and I have to manually recock it. Will the One recock after a chop automatically?
Old 01-17-2004, 08:14 AM #17
dye-playa
Drunken Balla

sometimes it will and sometimes it wont, but that is common with almos ne gun, ym cocker does it, imps do it, bko's, timmies etc
Old 01-17-2004, 12:13 PM #18
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
When you look at it for the price from the TES it is a bad upgrade for performance increase. Now take any used full body spyder that is slim striker and in good shape. You spend 50 bucks on the gun itself the 185-200 on the one. you get a reg which although it isnt the best it will be better than nothing and help. You get all the internal modifications you need to make( including a very high flowing valve) except if you want a new bolt. You get a grip frame that is capped at 30bps. You get the highest flowing VA available. All you need to upgrade is the barrel and a new bolt. I will personally use the stock bolt without the venturi(sp) until i have problems outshooting my hopper. This is a big step up in performance from where that 50 dollar gun was. To get near that performance without the kit you would need a spring kit, a hammer, a valve, a newboard/dragun frame, a reg, and a high flow va. That comes out to be a lot of money. The kit is an easy istalation and so are the parts that arent from the kit.
You would spend:
Spring kit-$8
hammer- $45 shipped(ACP)
MM valve-$28
The Kinetic board(least expensive board)-$55(assuming you have an electro frame laying around to put it in otherwise you need a eframe also and the 99 dollar DE frame seems like the better deal)
NEw reg(could get whatever quality you wanted so a wide range)-$55(torp)
VA-$40(assault block at paintballgateway, but i heard you could get it for 35)
TOTAL $231(anywhere though from prob 220-240 depending on deals and sales)

These two setups will compete about the same. Both need a new bolt and barrel and hopper and tank yet. So if you are starting from scratch it is a decent price. But if you have half the stuff it may not be. Also you will eventually like to have a higher quality reg on the one kit but it isnt needed imediatly. To me the only reason I dont have one is because of my two spyders one is the AMG(which the frames line up different) and a compact(small internal air capacity so it would negate the drop in pressure). I personally am going to sell the compact and buy a used full body spyder and put the one kit on it. It is a big step up and is complete. You save a lot on shipping if you only ship one time from one place.
Old 01-17-2004, 01:47 PM #19
dye-playa
Drunken Balla

umm weve already established that
Old 01-17-2004, 01:52 PM #20
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
well umm he asked about it again.
Old 01-17-2004, 02:04 PM #21
dye-playa
Drunken Balla

this is true i thought it was a different thread sorry, also do a search next time and check the faq