Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-26-2013, 12:20 PM #1
ijinxd

ijinxd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ijinxd has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd supports DLX Technology
Pooty Core puffing/FSDO again? Settings?

I read through a couple threads and Chris was kind enough to help me out, but I'm still having two issues with my core.
I'm running a 1.5 Luxe with a full pooty set (pink core, pink bolt, soft spring, no HP pin). I managed to fix the puffing problem by backing out the reg and slowly bumping it up. It comes back every once in awhile, but so far so good.
Problem is, I still get FSDO. First shot will shoot low enough to where my chrono probably wouldn't pick up on it, then it'll shoot 285 +-7. I've tried using different lubes (Dow 33, monkey poo, and I recently made my own lube to try; a mix of Hater and Dow). I know the solution is usually "Turn up the FSDO or dwell" but I'd like to get it shooting with the suggested settings (10-11 MS Dwell, 0-1 FSDO). I've tried 13 dwell and 15 FSDO, but I still get FSDO.
Current settings:

10 MS Dwell
Manifold: 1.5 turns in
FSDO 0 (tried it with higher settings, as mentioned before)

What's a typical setting for a Pooty core/bolt luxe to get it shooting smooth, with that "Whisper" sound?

I've tried changing out the orings as the fitment video suggests.
ijinxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:32 PM #2
evoLvePWNZ

evoLvePWNZ plays in the PSP
evoLvePWNZ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
evoLvePWNZ plays in the APPA D4 division
I've tried everything and I still get FSDO as well, don't think there's a way around it.. Just shoot your gun before the game
evoLvePWNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:16 PM #3
carolinaragetc

has been a member for 10 years
carolinaragetc plays in the PSP
carolinaragetc plays in the APPA D3 division
Do you have the Feather Touch screw in?
carolinaragetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:26 PM #4
ijinxd

FT is out.
I'm starting to think the same thing, Evolve.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:53 PM #5
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
How new is the core? Try upping your dwell and a harder spring until it's broken in
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:44 PM #6
codyman117
looking for a timmy

codyman117 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
codyman117 supports Team VICIOUS
codyman117 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
codyman117 supports DLX Technology
i was just about to order a pooty core but with all the storys of them not working ill stick with a 2.0 core
Old 02-26-2013, 03:53 PM #7
OR Baller, CST

OR Baller, CST plays in the PSP
OR Baller, CST plays in the APPA D4 division
OR Baller, CST supports DLX Technology
It could be the inner can orings.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:34 PM #8
ijinxd

Thanks guys. Not sure how old the core is, I believe the previous owner had just purchased it and couldn't get it running properly so he popped in the 2.0 again.
I'll change the inner can o-ring. I also heard that the urethane oring should be changed to a buna, so I'll try that too.

Are there specific settings to get the luxe shooting with that whisper quiet sound? Sounds kind of foolish/pointless, but that's always been one of my favorite things about the Luxe.
Something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=felrOp5wNKw

Last edited by ijinxd : 02-26-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:48 AM #9
AmaZeBee

AmaZeBee owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AmaZeBee supports DLX Technology
Yeah just watch this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjEI-PDlYuM

also you can take out you FT and up you dwell mine is at 14 and i have my FSDO dwell at 8 and i have no problems
AmaZeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:42 AM #10
ROCKNROLLA

ROCKNROLLA plays in the PSP
ROCKNROLLA plays in the APPA D4 division
ROCKNROLLA supports DLX Technology
I have the v2 core and it always shoots perfectly for me. Make sure you fit the orings exactly like in the pooty oring video, and use all bunas. I use pooty's magical lube on mine. I only lube it about every 4 cases. I never have FSDO and my luxe shoots so smooth and quiet. I usually get about +-4 over the chrono

Here is my settings-
Dwell 11
FSDO 0
Manifold 1.5 turns in from flush
FT out
EF rod out
I also use the Rhino spring in mine.

The other day I tried putting the lighter spring out of my Clone GT pooty sprung bolt and turned the dwell up to 14, and put feather touch in just to see what it would shoot like. Halfway through my first game gun started puffing and wouldnt shoot. So reverted back to my previous set up and it shoots perfect again.... So the pooty core is quite picky on the way it is set up. I would buy a rhino spring and see if that helps you out.

GEARBAG SALE!!!

2 Luxe 2.0's and a 2k2 dragon FS/FT

Last edited by ROCKNROLLA : 02-27-2013 at 08:47 AM.
ROCKNROLLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:30 AM #11
carolinaragetc

carolinaragetc plays in the PSP
carolinaragetc plays in the APPA D3 division
If the FT is out then its most likely oring fitment.
If the orings are new, it could most likely be why as well. If they are new, then I would wait til they break in before trying anything else. New orings have greater stiction to overcome initially on the first shot. I always just unscrew the barrel walking on the field and take a clearing shot.
You should also figure out what version core you have. The NDZ v1 cans had looser tolerances requiring a good fitment. The v2 cans have the same tolerances as the 2.0 core and should be just as reliable

Also, sound signature won't really be noticed shooting the gun yourself. I would let someone else shoot it and stand back. But the sound your looking for is most likely the sound you get when the FT is IN

Last edited by carolinaragetc : 02-27-2013 at 09:32 AM.
carolinaragetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:52 AM #12
ijinxd

Thanks again. Ill stop worrying about the sound, the FT is too much trouble anyways. The orings are new so ill go ahead and switch out to the rhino spring until they set in a bit.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:22 PM #13
KMA

KMA is a founding member
KMA supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijinxd View Post
Thanks guys. Not sure how old the core is, I believe the previous owner had just purchased it and couldn't get it running properly so he popped in the 2.0 again.
Does this mean you also have a 2.0 core that came with the gun? If so, why not use that instead? If you want the quiet, luxe shot like you mentioned, then use the 2.0 core with dwell of 14-16, FT screw in, and manifold screw turned in as appropriate.
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback
KMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:00 PM #14
Kazer

Kazer supports DLX Technology
For my pooty core to stop half cycling I ended up changing my inner back cap oring to a viton (brown) and the 3rd inner can (if counting from the front) to a super tight fitting buna. The way I tested it was I took all the can Orings out except the 3rd and I just kept putting new orings in and sliding the bolt until I found the one that fit the most snug. Then used the other snug fitting ones I found in the other positions in the inner can.
Same with the back cap, tried 10-15 bunas and selected the most snug. Then I found a Viton of the correct size and found that it was even more snug then the buna I had found and used that.
This was all with a dwell between 12 (norcal summer) and 14 (norcal winter) FT out, Rhino spring in, mixing a large pea sized chunk of monkey poo with 2 drops of violent PB oil and stiring them together with a toothpick on a plastic sandwich bag.
Also taking a bowl putting 2-3 drops of dish soap (dawn or whatever) and adding near boiling hot water to the bowl. Then I soaked the Bolt/Can/Bolt guide with all the orings removed to let them get degreasedand then fitting everything again sometimes can help. Make sure you also clean the orings (just normal warm water) and inspect for small rips or tears that can also cause issues.
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:52 PM #15
NCCerealKiller

NCCerealKiller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NCCerealKiller plays in the APPA D4 division
NCCerealKiller supports DLX Technology
^this guy has it. Those 2 key oring along with a snug bolt sail oring will get your Luxe cycling strong, even with the FT in. IMO a Luxe with FT in is the best shooting, sweetest sounding marker out there. I'd def take a look at that back cap oring if your cycling good, just having a bit of FSDO. That'll probably solve your problem. Find one that fits nice and snug.
NCCerealKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:34 PM #16
ijinxd

Yeah, I do have the 2.0 core. I figured I'd try to get the Pooty core shooting though.
I'll change out the back-cap oring to a buna, thanks guys!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:05 PM #17
KMA

KMA is a founding member
KMA supports DLX Technology
I know there are people who love their Pooty cores... but it seems like the 2.0 core is less of a hassle and it shoots terrific, especially with the FT screw in and manifold adjusted for the softest/quietest shot. Orings are important on the 2.0 core of course, but it doesn't seem nearly as finicky at the Pooty. You won't have to work about dwell either, just set it to 16 or so and be done with it.

I screwed around for a week or more trying to get my polished/sprung core working on the used Luxe I bought. It would almost shoot nicely, or shoot for a while then stop working right. Finally I ordered a new 2.0 core and it shot amazing out of the box. After a few cases I tuned the manifold screw further and never looked back. I got the quiet Luxe shot people love.

Good luck!
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback
KMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:26 PM #18
digital sol

digital sol supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMA View Post
I know there are people who love their Pooty cores... but it seems like the 2.0 core is less of a hassle and it shoots terrific, especially with the FT screw in and manifold adjusted for the softest/quietest shot. Orings are important on the 2.0 core of course, but it doesn't seem nearly as finicky at the Pooty. You won't have to work about dwell either, just set it to 16 or so and be done with it.

I screwed around for a week or more trying to get my polished/sprung core working on the used Luxe I bought. It would almost shoot nicely, or shoot for a while then stop working right. Finally I ordered a new 2.0 core and it shot amazing out of the box. After a few cases I tuned the manifold screw further and never looked back. I got the quiet Luxe shot people love.

Good luck!
I think most of these reported issues revolve around the Ndz v1 cans. I'm switching to a dlx 2.0 can and am going to retest using the sprung nox bolt on Ndz bold guide with ft in. My solenoid is also slotted. The goal is to have a really, really quiet and soft shot. Time will tell.
digital sol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:08 AM #19
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMA View Post

Good luck!
My FF Pooty is pretty solid, but I have issues with oring fitment. FT OUT, follow Pooty' fitment video, and then THIN the lube until orings broken in. Thinning the lube with some oil solved my Puffing after changing some Orings.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:11 PM #20
Shemp 5
"Agglet"

Shemp 5 is playing at Living Legends V
Shemp 5 supports DLX Technology
didnt read the entire thread. but i can answer the problem in 2 ways....
1. you can smash the living hell out of that bolt and it will never give anyone trouble again.
or
2. these cores are notorious for having the pickiest oring fitment possible. you can easily go through 20 orings until 1 fits "right". its all about the inner can orings. and good fitting bolt orings help too obviously. i could suggest nothing more highly then selling off the pooty core and buying a 2.0 core.

edit: the newer pooty cans are supposed to be made to the specs of the 2.0 cans and are supposed to have solved these problems. but the new version of the can goes for like 100$ or so

Agg Mafia/DaLuxe Mob/Ego Mafia
Shemp 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:52 PM #21
xCrU3LtYx
Give me the formuoli

Annual Supporting Member
xCrU3LtYx is BST Trusted
xCrU3LtYx owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
xCrU3LtYx supports Team VICIOUS
xCrU3LtYx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xCrU3LtYx has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
xCrU3LtYx supports DLX Technology
it was the bolt sail oring. And it was solved in February.

TDOTBALLERS FEEDBACK 29+/0-
xCrU3LtYx is offline   Reply With Quote