Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-25-2013, 02:04 PM #1
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
TwinsPoppa plays in the PSP
TwinsPoppa plays in the APPA D4 division
G7 Fly questions

Just picked up a stock G7 Fly and have some questions. Currently, I don't have a macro line so I can't gas it up and I don't even have a charger - though it does turn on.

My first question is when I rotate the breech release I can't open the breech. I have to first push the bolt back in order to open the breech - everytime I want to open the breech after I've locked/unlocked the breech release.

So, is this normal because its not aired up or do I have an actual problem with this marker?

Second, I want to possibly use this as my backup marker during tournaments. I don't need ramping as I can shoot just as fast in semi. Reading over the manual it looks like I can set semi mode (with or without eyes) to lower than the default 15bps.

To conclude, if I set the MROF bps to tourney requirements would I be tournament legal? The manual says you can't change modes externally. Have I missed something?

Thanks.

Last edited by TwinsPoppa : 02-25-2013 at 02:38 PM.
TwinsPoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:12 PM #2
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
Depends on the tournament and their rules.. Where I play you can run semi or ramp, just as long as you're not shooting faster then the MROF. I don't know much about this particular angel's board, but if you can set the MROF to your required limit, then check it over a chrono to make sure it's actually shooting the speed you have it set to. Then you should be fine.

My angel's bolts sometimes shift forward when its not gassed up and I've gotta push the bolt back a little to open up the breach. Never had an issue when it's aired up though. Think that's pretty normal.

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:00 PM #3
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
Okay, based on your reply its seems I should be good on both counts. Though its strange to me about the breech not opening. EVERYTIME (not some of the time) I want to open the breech I have to push the bolt back with a squeegee. Doesn't sound normal to me.

Another question.

When I hold the marker in my hand and dip the front down I hear/feel something moving and make a clunk. Is this normal when its not gassed up?

Again, I just got this marker and can't fully check it out with air and paint right now. I'm a little concerned because the guy didn't disclose certain things about the marker. So I'm trying to do my best to see if I got a lemon.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japy View Post
Depends on the tournament and their rules.. Where I play you can run semi or ramp, just as long as you're not shooting faster then the MROF. I don't know much about this particular angel's board, but if you can set the MROF to your required limit, then check it over a chrono to make sure it's actually shooting the speed you have it set to. Then you should be fine.

My angel's bolts sometimes shift forward when its not gassed up and I've gotta push the bolt back a little to open up the breach. Never had an issue when it's aired up though. Think that's pretty normal.

Last edited by TwinsPoppa : 02-25-2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: add question
Old 02-25-2013, 07:15 PM #4
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
The clunk could be 1 of two things. It is prolly the ram as it has the weight of the bolt attached to it. Or the battery spacer is missing and the battery is moving and hitting the front of the gun.

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:26 PM #5
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
Thanks for that. I'll check the battery. Wouldn't suprise me about the battery spacer being missing. I hope that's all that it is.
BTW .. I took the bolt out and it still diid the same thing. I'm not shaking it up and down. Just tilting the front down.

I'm not familiar with this angel. The last angel I used was an eclipse angel and I don't seem to recall it having things move around.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneckforlife View Post
The clunk could be 1 of two things. It is prolly the ram as it has the weight of the bolt attached to it. Or the battery spacer is missing and the battery is moving and hitting the front of the gun.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:55 PM #6
Winnebago
Angels 4 Life

has been a member for 10 years
it's the hammer hitting the valve.

tilt the gun back. take the bolt out. open the rotobreach and hold it in your hand. watch the hammer as you point the gun down. clunk, hits the valve.

that is common on the A1s... may indicated your G7's ram's inner oring is bad, worn, or well broken in. no way to tell for sure until you air it up and chrono it.
WTB: Angels + Jerseys
Angel Rescue! (aka WTB Broken Angels)
Old PBN Feedback
Winnebago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 PM #7
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

The bolt not fully retracting is normal with the gun degassed. When you gas it up that won't be a problem. Because the ram isn't pressurized, when you rotate the ram knob there is nothing forcing the ram shaft back. You should be able to stick your finger down the feedneck and push the bolt back.

I'm with sledneck on the clank sound. If you tilt the gun forward, the ram/bolt may fall forward when it isn't under pressure. I'd guess that's probably the issue, but the battery is also a good possibility.

*edit* Too slow. I'm with Sled AND Winnebago on the clank sound
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:10 PM #8
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
I did what you said and I see no movement. I stuck something down in the breech to feel movement and nothing. Hard to tell but looking from the back of the gun the clunking is from the front right.

This is what I see in the breech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebago View Post
it's the hammer hitting the valve.

tilt the gun back. take the bolt out. open the rotobreach and hold it in your hand. watch the hammer as you point the gun down. clunk, hits the valve.

that is common on the A1s... may indicated your G7's ram's inner oring is bad, worn, or well broken in. no way to tell for sure until you air it up and chrono it.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:12 PM #9
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
Thanks for confirming this is not a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
The bolt not fully retracting is normal with the gun degassed. When you gas it up that won't be a problem. Because the ram isn't pressurized, when you rotate the ram knob there is nothing forcing the ram shaft back. You should be able to stick your finger down the feedneck and push the bolt back.

I'm with sledneck on the clank sound. If you tilt the gun forward, the ram/bolt may fall forward when it isn't under pressure. I'd guess that's probably the issue, but the battery is also a good possibility.

*edit* Too slow. I'm with Sled AND Winnebago on the clank sound
Old 02-25-2013, 08:14 PM #10
Winnebago
Angels 4 Life

well.. open up that tube and see what you got!
WTB: Angels + Jerseys
Angel Rescue! (aka WTB Broken Angels)
Old PBN Feedback
Winnebago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:14 PM #11
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

The front right is the valve area. Unless the hammer (the silver metal apparatus at the right/back end of the bolt pin slot in your pic) is coming forward and hitting the valve you shouldn't normally have anything to clank around up there. You might want to pull off the valve side end cap at the front and check that the valve stem is intact.

*edit* Dammit Winnebago, again
Old 02-25-2013, 08:19 PM #12
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
Its hard to say but I think the clunk is actually from the front left. Arrgh. Guess I'll just have to open both sides up and see. LOL.

Thanks again guys. I'll let you know what I find.

Quote:
The front right is the valve area. Unless the hammer (the silver metal apparatus at the right/back end of the bolt pin slot in your pic) is coming forward and hitting the valve you shouldn't normally have anything to clank around up there. You might want to pull off the valve side end cap at the front and check that the valve stem is intact.

*edit* Dammit Winnebago, again
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 PM #13
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

The front left is the LPR. I can't think of any circumstance in which any part of the LPR would be clunking, but the battery is housed right behind it, so the battery spacer suggestion from earlier may very well be the culprit.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:28 PM #14
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
Well, I'm going to open the marker up now and double-check both sides.

On another note, I wish this wasn't hacked up.

Quote:
The front left is the LPR. I can't think of any circumstance in which any part of the LPR would be clunking, but the battery is housed right behind it, so the battery spacer suggestion from earlier may very well be the culprit.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:31 PM #15
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Unfortunately, the charging port cover is relatively easy to rip off. However, you're in luck because PBSports still has the TPR covers in stock: http://www.pbsports.com/Angel-G7-TPR-Blue.html
Old 02-25-2013, 08:35 PM #16
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
Thank you!

Also, can you confirm my understanding of the semi mode operation and that I should be tourney legal if I can't change modes externally?

Thanks again for that link.

Quote:
Unfortunately, the charging port cover is relatively easy to rip off. However, you're in luck because PBSports still has the TPR covers in stock: http://www.pbsports.com/Angel-G7-TPR-Blue.html
Old 02-25-2013, 08:41 PM #17
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

You can cap the MROF from 8 to 25 bps using the two internal buttons (you need to remove the grip cheek to adjust MROF), so as long as capped semi is okay in the tourney you're playing, you'd absolutely be tourney legal.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:50 PM #18
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
Great. I'm glad I don't have to spend money on a new board.

I opened both sides on the front and nothing moving there. So, it looks like its the battery spacer. I'll try and look inside right now.

I looked in the manual but I didn't see a spacer or I may have missed it since I don't know what I'm looking for.

Is the spacer easy to find second hand/new or is there an alternative?

Anyone have any pics of what I'm looking for? Sorry but the questions keep coming.

Quote:
You can cap the MROF from 8 to 25 bps using the two internal buttons (you need to remove the grip cheek to adjust MROF), so as long as capped semi is okay in the tourney you're playing, you'd absolutely be tourney legal.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:55 PM #19
kerry88mcclure

kerry88mcclure has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I am the person who sold you the G7 fly sir and she is no lemon. I have no intention of sellling a bad gun and everyone on here who has done bussiness with me knows this.
kerry88mcclure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:56 PM #20
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

It's not shown in the manual diagrams, but the G7 battery is slightly thinner than previous models so it has more wiggle room. You can use a couple of o-rings to hold the battery in place.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:01 PM #21
TwinsPoppa

Annual Supporting Member
Good to hear. Maybe you can tell me what's making the clunking sound. I assume its the battery moving back and forth but maybe its something else?

If by battery spacer they mean the grey pieces on the side of the battery then that would be a side-to-side sound not forward and back, right?

BTW .. did you get my text earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry88mcclure View Post
I am the person who sold you the G7 fly sir and she is no lemon. I have no intention of sellling a bad gun and everyone on here who has done bussiness with me knows this.