Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-25-2013, 01:52 PM #1
Lazarusrat

Lazarusrat owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
The "new" breed of gun law criminal

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...azines-part-1/
Quote:
Nathan Haddad, a decorated combat veteran, was arrested earlier this month in New York for possessing unloaded 30-round magazines. Mr. Haddad, who has been recognized by the Army for his selfless acts of generosity to fellow soldiers, was charged with five felony counts of possession of “high-capacity” magazines

“He’s not proclaiming innocence,” Michael Haddad told me in a phone interview. “He thought he had something that was legal and it turned out that they weren’t.” Michael said that his brother told him that, “‘I was arrested. I was charged with a crime. It is what it is.’”

The case has brought national interest because of the comparison to NBC’s David Gregory, who ran afoul of the same law in Washington, D.C. Unlike Mr. Haddad, Mr. Gregory asked permission from Washington’s Metropolitan Police Department in advance to possess the illegal 30-round magazine and was denied.

The anchor of “Meet the Press” went ahead anyway with it on national TV, but the attorney general for the District of Columbia refused to prosecute. (Click to read more about that decision: David Gregory Gets Off Scot Free.)
[sarcasm] Wow, I'm sure glad the NY Police was able to get this dangerous criminal off the streets"[/sarcasm]

If convicted this guy will be a Felon convicted of violent crime offense. WTF
Old 02-25-2013, 02:34 PM #2
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Speaking of new york, soda jerk Bloomberg just outlawed 2 liter sodas with pizza deliveries. Thank god these politicians are addressing the important issues these days. I wonder if there's an option on their election ballots that say, "I'm too stupid to decide how much soda to drink so idk who to vote for."
Old 02-25-2013, 02:37 PM #3
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
Speaking of new york, soda jerk Bloomberg just outlawed 2 liter sodas with pizza deliveries. Thank god these politicians are addressing the important issues these days. I wonder if there's an option on their election ballots that say, "I'm too stupid to decide how much soda to drink so idk who to vote for."
Did they pass the pot law as well? Where 12 liters of pot would be legal but a 12 liter of soda would not?
Old 02-25-2013, 02:39 PM #4
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
Did they pass the pot law as well? Where 12 liters of pot would be legal but a 12 liter of soda would not?
Haha. Yo dawg, you got 3 gallons of herb?

I've never bought a twelve liter of soda either.

Last edited by Iamamartianchurch : 02-25-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:43 PM #5
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarusrat View Post
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...azines-part-1/

[sarcasm] Wow, I'm sure glad the NY Police was able to get this dangerous criminal off the streets"[/sarcasm]

If convicted this guy will be a Felon convicted of violent crime offense. WTF
I always get confused. Are we for or against selective application of laws?
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:02 PM #6
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
Hahahha
Old 02-25-2013, 03:11 PM #7
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
I think most of us are against the selective application of laws and against bad laws to begin with.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:19 PM #8
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volucris View Post
I think most of us are against the selective application of laws and against bad laws to begin with.
Don't we already have a few threads about this bad law or is this about this specific instance of the law being applied?
Old 02-25-2013, 03:22 PM #9
Space Pope

Quote:
Don't we already have a few threads about this bad law or is this about this specific instance of the law being applied?
It looks like this is being presented as an example as to why this is a bad law. Of course that isn't what you want to argue, so you are going to make it about something else...
Space Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:23 PM #10
F1VENOM

If that's what it's about, why not put it in the threads devoted to this topic?
Old 02-25-2013, 03:29 PM #11
Volucris

because TSA uses all the other threads to practice for his philosophy exams
Old 02-25-2013, 03:36 PM #12
Space Pope

Quote:
How should I know? I don't even know if what I came up with is even correct, I am just making a point to you that perhaps in the future you could ask him to clarify his position instead of just making one up and going with that. I think that would benefit everyone.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:42 PM #13
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Pope View Post
How should I know? I don't even know if what I came up with is even correct, I am just making a point to you that perhaps in the future you could ask him to clarify his position instead of just making one up and going with that. I think that would benefit everyone.
What position did I make up?
Old 02-25-2013, 03:59 PM #14
Space Pope

Quote:
What position did I make up?
You said:

Quote:
You are either asserting that he is supporting the inconsistent application of the law in this case, or just coming up with some nonsense and derailing the discussion. You can pick.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:23 PM #15
Lazarusrat

Lazarusrat owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Oh come on. "The people demanded this law to make them safer". Don't you think they deserve to know just what "dangerous criminals" this law is turning in to felons instead of having to sift through pages and pages of what was, until now, hypothetical pro-gun hysteria about how these laws will turn law abiding citizens in to criminals...
Old 02-25-2013, 04:54 PM #16
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
because TSA uses all the other threads to practice for his philosophy exams
Why do you object so hard to my quest for better and more sound arguments?

You keep implicitly supporting the rhetoric, bad arguments, and bull**** that ruin both this forum and this nations political discourse. I wonder why someone would want to do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher_Dorner View Post
[img]http://www.tickld.com/images/content/28107.jpg[img]
That's actually pretty funny.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:53 PM #17
Volucris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Why do you object so hard to my quest for better and more sound arguments?

You keep implicitly supporting the rhetoric, bad arguments, and bull**** that ruin both this forum and this nations political discourse. I wonder why someone would want to do that?
Because you add nothing to the discussion. Your sole intentions are to berate others about how they form an argument while subtly favoring any anti-gun arguments.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 PM #18
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Because you add nothing to the discussion. Your sole intentions are to berate others about how they form an argument while subtly favoring any anti-gun arguments.
No, I am rooting out the good arguments from the bad ones. This should not have to be done, but when people (such as yourself) argue for something while either ignorantly or intentionally making fallacy ridden arguments I can't stand idly by. As I have said before, bad arguments get us nowhere. No good can come from them. Learn to argue without ignorant claims or dishonest deceits and I will have little need to critique.

Let us be clear. You are actively supporting the use of poor arguments around here. I cannot imagine a more intellectually dishonest and utterly biased thing to do.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:49 PM #19
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
No, I am rooting out the good arguments from the bad ones. This should not have to be done, but when people (such as yourself) argue for something while either ignorantly or intentionally making fallacy ridden arguments I can't stand idly by. As I have said before, bad arguments get us nowhere. No good can come from them. Learn to argue without ignorant claims or dishonest deceits and I will have little need to critique.

Let us be clear. You are actively supporting the use of poor arguments around here. I cannot imagine a more intellectually dishonest and utterly biased thing to do.
On a quest to fix the political discourse of a paintball forums political section.....you need to get outside more often.

OMG AD HOMINEM!!!
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:56 PM #20
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
On a quest to fix the political discourse of a paintball forums political section.....you need to get outside more often.
For some reason, I think this place has the potential for good discussion and communal learning. It's just hard to find when it is drowned in stupidity.