poston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2013, 12:06 AM #107
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
It's a stacked tube poppet, i don't care what old impulse owners think. I will compare it to other stacked tube poppets. This is the only one on the market with a balanced poppet valve correct?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:39 AM #108
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Vegard is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
It's a stacked tube poppet, i don't care what old impulse owners think. I will compare it to other stacked tube poppets. This is the only one on the market with a balanced poppet valve correct?
Currently I suppose the answer to that is yes..
Before there was the creed, gen4 intimidator, impulse09 and the Lucky LAAV kits for various markers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poston View Post
At first I wondered if my memory was all wrong because I distinctly remembered him being British, luckily the word 'market' saved my memorys honour.
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-

Last edited by Vegard : 04-13-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:26 PM #109
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
Currently I suppose the answer to that is yes..
Before there was the creed, gen4 intimidator, impulse09 and the Lucky LAAV kits for various markers.
There is one current other balanced poppit valve on the market, the Azodin Zero valve found on their Zenith and Chaos-D. That is based on the very first balanced valve, the Neo Power Valve which was an aftermarket spyder valve released way before any ever showed up in a ram driven electro. Almost too ahead of it's time, no one knew what it was or how to tune for it.

Another balanced valve, though of a different design (valve pressure routed in front of the valve pin, as opposed to the valve pin and spring extending outside the valve chamber), was of course the ones found in the Spyder VS2 and VS3. Great valves, too bad Kingman can't make a regulator worth a damn.

On the electro side there was also the Empire Balanced valve which was released for the B2K and Intimidator. And the RobTown valve for the Viking.

Nunquam emere potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:01 PM #110
DanR
deutsch

Annual Supporting Member
DanR plays in the PSP
DanR is an NCPA player
DanR plays in the APPA D3 division
DanR supports Empire
very interesting thread to read through
Old 04-19-2013, 09:14 PM #111
dirka_dirka

agreed with DanR- usually wouldn't read an entire thread, kinda got hooked, this gun looks the part and if it shoots well there will always be some sort of market for it, maybe this can be Jt's breakthrough into the high end market
dirka_dirka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:17 PM #112
HollowLefty
Falls down a lot

Is it wrong of me to hope this gun gets recieved well enough to keep it alive but is still a flop so I can get one cheap next year?
HollowLefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:25 PM #113
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowLefty View Post
Is it wrong of me to hope this gun gets recieved well enough to keep it alive but is still a flop so I can get one cheap next year?
Yes. You sohuld hope it sells extemely well. That way there will be plenty of used ones in great shape for you to buy. This way there will be reasons for them to continue to produce them for years to come.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:10 PM #114
Boogie D.Durgin

Are the barrels liscensed from gog or manufactured by gog anyway? Sounds like a win win for both companies. Is the barrel tip interchangeable with freak tips?
Boogie D.Durgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:16 PM #115
tjboss
Absolute Chaos

tjboss plays in the PSP
tjboss is playing at Living Legends VII
tjboss supports Team VICIOUS
No. The barrel is not related to the freak kit at all, it's based off of the empire sniper barrel but still not the same, if you want a freak tip you'll have to use a different barrel
Old 08-12-2013, 09:21 PM #116
Kazer

Kazer supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie D.Durgin View Post
Are the barrels liscensed from gog or manufactured by gog anyway? Sounds like a win win for both companies. Is the barrel tip interchangeable with freak tips?
Gog still owns the rights to all of their barrel threading with the exception of the Empire Super Freak Kits being compatible with the smart parts tips.
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:23 PM #117
Boogie D.Durgin

Maybe I mean the super freak kit. Not sure. But I thought they were somehow related. Barrel tips sniper tips, impulse tips, super freak tips, just thought the company would make them interchangeable. Oh well.
Boogie D.Durgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:23 PM #118
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjboss View Post
No. The barrel is not related to the freak kit at all, it's based off of the empire sniper barrel but still not the same, if you want a freak tip you'll have to use a different barrel
I am sorry, but I do not see how it is based off the Sniper barrel. I will have to look closer tomorrow when I get to the shop. But I do use my Sniper barrel on my Impulse most of the time.

Last edited by TheBoss33 : 08-12-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:34 PM #119
tjboss
Absolute Chaos

tjboss plays in the PSP
At first look the control bore on the sniper seems a lot shorter, unscrew it and it there's about another inch on the control bore. About the same length now
Old 08-13-2013, 09:55 AM #120
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjboss View Post
At first look the control bore on the sniper seems a lot shorter, unscrew it and it there's about another inch on the control bore. About the same length now
The Sniper still has over inch longer control bore. There is nothing very similar in the two barrels. Actually the barrel front threads are cut very similar to the Freak but still not compatible.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:06 AM #121
tjboss
Absolute Chaos

tjboss plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazer View Post
Many paintball players who have been in the sport for a couple of years will have a cocker barrel or have purchased a barrel kit in cocker threads at some point. The same cannot be said about Ion threading.
The stock barrel on the Impulse is based on the Empire Sniper barrel and is very high quality. If you want to bore match more closely you have an easy option of going with the Empire Super Freak kit, or using any other the cocker threaded barrels you may already have.
That's honestly where I was getting my information from, it could be wrong but I'm just taking his word for it.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:19 AM #122
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
It is a very good quality barrel and the control bore is a little longer then most but that is about all that is similar to the Sniper. I guess I can see where some may feel is has some influence from the Sniper.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:39 PM #123
PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47 is playing at Living Legends VI
PREDATOR 47 is playing at Living Legends VII
PREDATOR 47 supports DLX Technology
PREDATOR 47 supports Empire
@ someone's statement above, the Creed is not a balanced valve gun.

I've had my 09 for over a year now and I've been using it as my primary on a consistent basis. I even took it with me and used it at Living Legends 6, where it performed very well. I have zero issues with it, it's reliable, feels great in the hands, is easy to maintain, and shoots phenomenally well. It shoots so nice, that I bought a GI Milsim Impulse 50 to go along with it. Yeah, that's right. I bought a gun in what, for the most part, is a dead caliber, just because I know it'll shoot so well.

There are some things about the JT Impulse that I don't like. I feel like they removed all of the cool features of the 09 and kept only the valve. The 09 Impulse had:

Both regulators, the board, and rechargeable batteries, all in the grip. It was macroless, it had hinged eye covers, an amazing trigger (In all honesty the best trigger I've ever used). The only real issue with it is reliability (which it was still in it's first run, who knows how it would have ended up), and the feedneck, which was horribly designed.

My issue with the JT is that they removed all of the things that I think made the 09 cool and unique. Now it's just a plain looking stacked tube that looks like, and will subsequently be compared to everything else in the price range. The trigger is alright, traditional eye covers and reg placement, macroline, and we are back to 9 volts.

I feel that the JT Impulse is not as good as the 09, but here's the thing. If it shoots like the 09, I want it. I really want it. I want it enough that I would be willing to pay the price for it. It's just that good. An Ego wishes it could shoot like the Impulse can.
PREDATOR 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:37 PM #124
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by PREDATOR 47 View Post
I feel like they removed all of the cool features of the 09 and kept only the valve. The 09 Impulse had:

Both regulators, the board, and rechargeable batteries, all in the grip. It was macroless...
My issue with the JT is that they removed all of the things that I think made the 09 cool and unique...
Here's the thing. For someone like me the regs in the grip and hoseless design were DOWNGRADES. They limited my setup options too much to be a usable gun, so I had absolutely zero interest in the 09 Impulse. And of course KEE/Empire/JT already has plenty of guns with the hoseless downgrade, so if they wanted my business they had to release a gun with a more proper industry standard reg/ASA setup. You can even see this in the press release, they make sure to point out that under that rail mounted ASA are good old in-line bottom line holes, so an old schooler could bolt on whatever crazy drop/stock/cradle/duckbill/ASA setup he was used too.

So this is the first high-end gun in which I've had any interest, in nearly a decade.

Now to just scrape up the money...

Nunquam emere potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:45 PM #125
juit
CHEECH IS G@I

juit supports Team VICIOUS
juit is for the Gunfight
juit posts videos on PbNation
juit has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
juit has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I tested one and shoot out a ego any day, its a lil louder but in needs just time untill good upgrades start to apear, in the meantime Im working in a bolt to lower those DBls, I love the reg, also the mesh filters, has spike reg protection, its very light, it cought right away my attention of all the markers in the store

Last edited by juit : 09-04-2013 at 12:48 PM.
juit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:51 PM #126
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile plays in the PSP
team_xile plays in the APPA D4 division
team_xile is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
team_xile is Legendary
team_xile supports DLX Technology
I'm actually pretty interested in this. Unfortunately nobody at my local field believes in any other marker but Geo3's so I won't get to test shoot one any time soon. Maybe for a Christmas present Ill have to buy myself one.
team_xile is offline   Reply With Quote