PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-24-2013, 07:55 PM #1
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

An idea

It seems like the PSP are winning the pro league battle, so why not take a different tack?

Paintball may not have room for multiple top tier pro leagues, but it does have room for multiple styles of play and different approaches to the game. So I'd suggest something like this:

* Rebrand as the "National Party Paintball League"

* Keep it amateur, most prizes would be random spot prizes while winning would be mostly about bragging rights and maybe trophies.

* Run events like a giant version of an HK army streetball event - lots of events in the evenings and a party atmosphere. 7man? Heck yes, that would still be the bread and butter, but also a 1v1 comp, 20v20 walkons for everyone, prizes for the best bunkering, craziest moment, most creative use of a kitten, maybe even some woodsball for the shens...

* The emphasis would be not so much on top tier competition as it is on having a ball. Pool parties and DJs and fireworks OH MY. I know the NPPL does some of this already but it would become part of the core event rather than a sideshow.

So yeah. It's just an idea, but what do people think in principle? Get HKArmy on board as a principal sponsor and since they know how to run this stuff. It would help grow the sport, help make speedball all one big happy family again, and it would allow the different leagues to focus on what they do best without stepping on each other's toes.

Last edited by vijil : 02-24-2013 at 07:58 PM.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2013, 08:09 PM #2
Captainhammertime

I had a good laugh reading it. SOME and I do mean a very few good ideas. I like the bringing it back to the roots and having fun but the whole party idea is just stupid IMHO. Not trying to flame or troll or anything. Just putting in my two cents.
Bonebrake Angel A4 Fly
-The Bad Piggies-
Proudly sponsored by Field of Dreams | Briezy Hats Custom Beanies | www.YourPBFriend.com | Project-K
Captainhammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:11 PM #3
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

That's cool - but you should realise that saying it's stupid without explaining why isn't useful to anyone. I'm open to being wrong, but simply saying someone is wrong will never change their mind.

Last edited by vijil : 02-24-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:20 PM #4
Captainhammertime

Ah very true. I think that doing that would serve to further opinions that paintball is childish or not mature. I just don't think having a national party league would be a good image. Sure having that atmosphere and grass roots style and get back to having fun would be awesome. But image matters unfortunately and I just think that would be bad press for PB in general.
Bonebrake Angel A4 Fly
-The Bad Piggies-
Proudly sponsored by Field of Dreams | Briezy Hats Custom Beanies | www.YourPBFriend.com | Project-K
Old 02-24-2013, 09:23 PM #5
Captainhammertime

I think what would be better is just developing a grass roots league. Basically run for and by players. That would take considerable effort but in my opinion that would be a better idea
Bonebrake Angel A4 Fly
-The Bad Piggies-
Old 02-24-2013, 09:42 PM #6
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

That's a fair point then. I guess it would depend in part on how you managed the party aspect.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:47 PM #7
Captainhammertime

Exactly. I think after event parties are fine. If you're of age then having a brewski or two with your teammates who are of age. But not like a rager. Just my two cents. I'm not a huge party person though so don't take my opinion as the word of god if you will.
Bonebrake Angel A4 Fly
-The Bad Piggies-
Old 02-25-2013, 01:12 AM #8
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

I'm the same actually - I'll have a few but that's where I stop. Obviously you don't want people drinking while playing as well.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:16 AM #9
Captainhammertime

Exactly. Everything needs to be handled well and it shouldn't be a "lets get ****ed up to get ****ed up" type party.
Bonebrake Angel A4 Fly
-The Bad Piggies-