Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-24-2013, 02:40 PM #1
theCronicles

Halo Too Problem

This is my first thread, and I'm hoping someone can help me sort out an issue with my Halo Too.

My lightly used (essentially brand new) Halo Too came with a new Mini I purchased on ebay. It worked perfect the first day I used it. Midway through the second day it quit. I replaced the batteries. Nothing. I took it apart and checked for any loose wires or other clearly visible problems. Nothing. I replaced the batteries again (brand new Duracell ProCells). Nothing. All during this troubleshooting I've also played around with different settings (feedstack on/off, sound lvl at both extremes of sensitivity). The hopper won't turn, either by sound or by hitting the button to advance the drive (something it was doing on day one).

I'm ready to pull my hair out. I again have it in pieces in front of my trying to find anything wrong. The batteries are good, the wires look fine, there is no damage anywhere, but it just won't work. The best I can figure is possibly the motor died or something on the board is bad.

The manual offers little help. For what it's worth, when I turn it on it flashes green once and then switches to red. I just swapped the batteries out again. It flashed green and then continued to flash green a few times. It wouldn't advance when i hit the button once, and now flashes red rather than green.

Does anyone have any ideas other than to scrap this thing and get a Rotor (I'll be doing that anyway, but I would like this working as well).
theCronicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:51 PM #2
Parasite
Not Amused

Annual Supporting Member
Parasite is a Moderator
Parasite is a Supporting Member
Parasite is a founding member
Parasite is BST Legit
Parasite donated to help Peyton Trent
It sounds like you have done a good job troubleshooting - from where you're at I would say the next step would be to contact Empire and see if they have a suggestion. You never know - maybe they can figure it out and/or get you the parts you need to get it going.

"When people get a little too chummy with me
I like to call them by the wrong name
to let them know I donít really care about them."

My oldschool PBN Feedback +48 Positive/ZERO negative : before the days of this "fancy" feedback system.
Parasite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:15 AM #3
EmpireTech
Always here to Help

EmpireTech works for a Paintball manufacturer
EmpireTech plays in the PSP
EmpireTech plays in the APPA D4 division
EmpireTech supports Empire
If it was the motor then you would be seeing a red/green rapid flashing light. However if you do not see that then it could be the board not picking up the sound??
Or Call Us at
1-800-220-3222
EmpireTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:03 PM #4
theCronicles

Thank you both for the responses. I'm going to call Empire for a little more info on the "rapid flashing light." I really don't think it's a case of not picking up sound. I've set the loader to both extremes on the sound setting and it makes no difference. When the loader was working properly (and what a great day of paintball that was...), just the sound of the hopper lid closing was enough to advance the motor (and only at medium sensitivity).
Old 03-02-2013, 05:08 PM #5
theCronicles

I wouldn't have described the lights as flashing rapidly, but it appears to have been the motor or one of it's connections causing the problem.

I dug around and found a box of halo B guts and found a set of internals in good condition. Plugged in a battery pack and it spun right up. The eyes worked too. I next plugged the soundboard into the halo b and the halo b spun with sound. I had some options but decided to put it all back together as a halo too shell, board, and battery pack with a halo b drive cone, motor, and rip drive. Worked great on reballs. I'll report back if it sucks next weekend on real paint.