PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-16-2004, 06:38 AM #1
fivestring

has been a member for 10 years
honest comparison question

ok, i have never had an electronic marker myself, but my friend left his imagine at my house when he left for the marines. I have been fooling with it and just can't stand the way the trigger feels. I have a mech fly and love the way that trigger feels. i was wondering how the imagine e-frame compares to the one frame as far as trigger goes.
thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2004, 06:54 AM #2
dye-playa
Drunken Balla

dye-playa is a Supporting Member
the one frame has a light pull on it
Old 01-16-2004, 07:17 AM #3
RIAA
Banned

Dragun Frames > Kingman Frames

HANDS DOWN, EVERY GENERATION.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:06 AM #4
User Name Unknown

don't forget that the imagine is only a $120 electro, pretty much one of the cheapest you can get.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:13 PM #5
Schopf

The kingman frame has a 250 gram switch. The one probably has a 150 like the TES. Intimidators have 80 gram switches. On www.paintball.bizhosting.com you can buy a 50 gram switch for $11.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:26 PM #6
fivestring

user name unknown remember that all spyder eframes are basically the same, just slapped on different guns.

the 250g switch is what probably bothers me, i just can't get a good rythm with it, but the 50g might fix that.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:37 PM #7
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Ok, a electro Spyder frame (all) have a 250 gram micro switch, the Draguns ( both M3 and DE) have 150 gram micro switchs. The Spyder E Frames are capped at 13 bps, whereas the M3/DE LCD Frames are capped 20 bps. Nerobro & Ktmxracer both sell 50 gram IS switches for 10.00 (or more) and are direct replacements. Combine them with a Zenitram Trigger, and you will have the absolute lightest and fastest trigger you can put on a Dragun E Frame. The sad thing, is the Zenitram trigger wont work in the Spyder E Frames due to its size ( to wide I think) But others are available.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:52 PM #8
fivestring

right on, thanks warlord, i'll put the spyder back in the closet and wait for DE work out any kinks with the one kit and then get one.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:55 PM #9
Schopf

How could a zenitram possibly give you the ability to shoot faster? It's only a trigger. The only difference between zenitram and TES is that the zenitram can be adjusted side to side correct? It is meant to be sand down to fit smaller frames so it should be able to fit any gun
Old 01-16-2004, 01:01 PM #10
[NA]WARLORD

MMM no, it has three screws in wich control the forward travel, backwards travel and activate the switch itself. I have mine on my BD tuned so that it only moves far enough to activate the switch, no other movement at all. Trust me dude, its one of the single most recommended upgrades that will change the way you shoot your M3/DE marker. The TES requires a mod for it to work correctly, but once done, it rips. Also it takes less of an effort to fire the trigger then a stock trigger, the stock TES trigger is nice mind you, but the Zenitram is a step above in a great way. I compare the Zenitram to an aftermarket Imp trigger, the stock Imp trigger sucks, but throw an adjustable blade on it, its a whole new ball game, same with the Zenitram. The reason the Zenitram reduces the side to side slop is because its a wider trigger.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:04 PM #11
fivestring

i'll tell you what trigger i would want is the tentical for the matrix's, man that thing is sweet and aparently makes walking really effortless.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:06 PM #12
[NA]WARLORD

So does the Zenitram. Trust me fella's, I wouldnt lie to ya, and its under 20 bucks, lol.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:16 PM #13
Nerobro

Nerobro is a Supporting Member
Trying to pick which frame is better is elementry. The trigger setups are almost identical. However the spyder trigger is adjustable whereas the dragun trigger is not.

the spyder frame comes with a charging jack. the dragun does not.

once new boards come out... the kingman frames will be the frames of choice. You'll be able to have a 25bps+ gun with a charging jack. Without modifying your frame you wont' be able to use the charging jack on a M3 gun.

The M3 guns do have a larger solinoid... but that's about it.

Omnipotence ain't all it's cracked up to be.......
Old 01-16-2004, 01:32 PM #14
[NA]WARLORD

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerobro
[b]Trying to pick which frame is better is elementry. The trigger setups are almost identical. However the spyder trigger is adjustable whereas the dragun trigger is not.]

MMM the new TES trigger has an adjustable screw in it to minimize forward travel.

Quote:
[b]the spyder frame comes with a charging jack. the dragun does not.
How hard/lazy are you to remove a grip and change batteries ?

Quote:
once new boards come out... the kingman frames will be the frames of choice. You'll be able to have a 25bps+ gun with a charging jack. Without modifying your frame you wont' be able to use the charging jack on a M3 gun.

However, until they come out, The Dragun gives you more for the money. Also the One kit is out and will shoot at 30 bps, whats your point? 20 bps vs 13 bps is a huge difference, 25 bps vs 20 bps is not, I mean a Halo B can be modded to shoot 25 bps but if the One shoots 30 bps, then 25 bps would be a cake walk. I like that you guys are making mods for the Spyders, that just means more entry level electro markers out that will out shoot the high end markers in the long run, with either frame, the possibilities will be endless.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:47 PM #15
TurpentineDreams

ok fyi nero. its not m3. its dragun empire.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:48 PM #16
macfights

hey nero... will you make an IS board for the TES? that would be pimp and i know that i would buy it, if i don't buy the ONE kit...
"um dude...if your wife expected an hour of hardcore sex a day you would get tired of it and want a break but still you wouldnt give that up for anything. pro paintball would be no different....except your swimmers would die out in totaly different ways"--- pocoapg

PbNation Feedback +4/-0

ebay Feedback+30/-0
Old 01-16-2004, 01:55 PM #17
fivestring

ouch, i didn't know about the charging thing, but in the end its not that big of a deal, just keep an extra 9v with you when you go play,
Old 01-16-2004, 02:19 PM #18
TurpentineDreams

you can get lke 10,000 shots off of one battery. heck, you can get 800 when it startsto say battery low.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:25 PM #19
lamorte
mod a la mode

Annual Supporting Member
lamorte is a Supporting Member
lamorte donated to help Peyton Trent
lamorte supports our troops
how long does the battery last in a dragun? i've actually never had to take mine out of my spyder for 19 months now. i charge it in my car on the way to the field and never have to worry about having an extra battery. i may be lazy but it sure is convenient. i can't release any info right now but kingman has some very interesting things in the works right now and i'll leave it at that.

✩☾ habitually nocturnal ☾✩
Old 01-16-2004, 02:29 PM #20
fivestring

10000 thats alot, i wonder if i would shoot 10000 paintballs in a year(i only play once a month)
Old 01-16-2004, 02:35 PM #21
lamorte
mod a la mode

Annual Supporting Member
lamorte is a Supporting Member
lamorte donated to help Peyton Trent
lamorte supports our troops
that's 5 cases, it would last me about 1.5 months during the normal playing season.

✩☾ habitually nocturnal ☾✩