Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-23-2013, 09:58 PM #1
Give Her The D

Not another Chopping thread (Mr4)

So I finally got a chance to test out all my upgrades on my mr4.

-Rocking Trigger (used on semi)
-Empire Sonic overdrive Hopper 9v
-Remote line
-Empire Paint (Yellow shell)

The gun keeps chopping paint almost every round.

Is my hopper to slow for my gun?
Is there a way to limit the bps on Semi mode?

Also when the gun is clean isn't very accurate could a new barrel improve it or possibly apex? ( After 30 yards the paint flies in crazy directions)

Thanks for all the help.
Give Her The D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2013, 10:40 PM #2
C8H10N4O2

C8H10N4O2 supports Team VICIOUS
C8H10N4O2 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
C8H10N4O2 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
C8H10N4O2 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Give Her The D View Post

Is my hopper to slow for my gun?
Possibly. The overdrive feeds around 9-15 bps. Depends on how fast you are shooting and which model of the rt frame you have. Offhand, I think the old RT frames do 13bps and the new ones do 30.

Quote:
Is there a way to limit the bps on Semi mode?
Again, it depends which version of the frame you have I think. The old ones with the CAMD display might be able to, but the newer ones won't be. Hopefully someone can clarify for sure. I'm not extremely familiar with the newer spyders yet.

Quote:
Also when the gun is clean isn't very accurate could a new barrel improve it or possibly apex? ( After 30 yards the paint flies in crazy directions)
This is most likely from either poor quality paint or weather. Is the paint old, dimpled, or oblong? Apex is a waste of money too. If you're wanting accuracy, good paint is the way to go.

Last edited by C8H10N4O2 : 02-23-2013 at 11:42 PM.
C8H10N4O2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:17 AM #3
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Having a RT frame (with CAMD board) on my 2k5 pilot, I'm pretty sure you're unable to limit the bps in semi mode. Burst, Full auto is maxed at 13bps. I do believe one of the generations of RT frames were rated up to 30 bps, but I do not know which one (if not both) were able to reach that high of a cycle rate.

It sounds as though poor quality of paint is preventing you from being decently accurate as well as causing ball chops.

Make sure your batteries are fresh in your hopper, otherwise you can possibly have chops. Also, if you are still chopping after getting better paint/weather/batteries, your hopper may just not be fast enough to keep up with the RT.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:13 PM #4
Give Her The D

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblindchicken View Post
Having a RT frame (with CAMD board) on my 2k5 pilot, I'm pretty sure you're unable to limit the bps in semi mode. Burst, Full auto is maxed at 13bps. I do believe one of the generations of RT frames were rated up to 30 bps, but I do not know which one (if not both) were able to reach that high of a cycle rate.

It sounds as though poor quality of paint is preventing you from being decently accurate as well as causing ball chops.

Make sure your batteries are fresh in your hopper, otherwise you can possibly have chops. Also, if you are still chopping after getting better paint/weather/batteries, your hopper may just not be fast enough to keep up with the RT.

UPDATE: Purchased a new hopper "Empire Halo Too (Rated at 20bps) Fresh batteries.
http://www.paintball-online.com/Empi...FcR7QgodNBAAYg

Started shooting and chopped on of the first 10 shooting at maybe 6bps. Then it would completely stop and I would have to pull the bolt again. After a couple of times I got my co2 refilled thinking it was low.

Second try, Fresh c02, 180 balls of empire paint, clean gun and barrel. First batch test, wow it shot fast and no breaks. After about 30 shots a break occured and the bolt had to be recocked. Cleaned the barrel and soon enough the gun had to be cocked back after every 10 shots.

I looked at my Rocking Trigger and the low battery indicator was on. ( I played over 10 rounds this weekend with it with out a recharge). I know this maybe a stupid question But would a low battery cause chops?

I need my gun to work well before Saturday. Thanks
Old 02-26-2013, 10:18 PM #5
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
First: Look at your bolt, does it have a spring inside it to keep the pin in place. The slot anywhere on your bolt is a dead give away

From the diagrams i've seen, it looks they threw the
"ACS" bolt, Anti-Chop, bolt in and called it a day. They did that with the MR2 and MR3 too and the same problem kept popping up. "why does my gun chop and when it does why do i have to keep re cocking it". Basically you need to break it in.

(easy mode). Get rubber bands and wrap from pin to bolt face. How ever many it takes to keep it compressed and leave it over night. Test the bolt, if you dont' like it, do it again.

edit: I can not find any pictures of the MR4 broken down. If your bored and want to post up a picture of your bolt that would be nice. I also couldn't find anything saying it didn't have the ACS bolt which was just as odd, but the problem you have has occurred before, but left kinda unsolved. Would be nice wrap it up once and for all ya know.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.

Last edited by ferret15 : 02-26-2013 at 10:26 PM.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:18 PM #6
Give Her The D

Update:
Mr4 has a regular bolt not acs bolt.

THE GUN will not fire more than 3 shots without needing a recock or the bolt getting stuck. The gun will machine gun at times very short ones though.

Gun has been cleaned and o rings have been changed also hammer has been changed.
Gun is maybe 2 months old. Had a pro tech look at it and not know whats wrong other than possible eko valve.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:16 AM #7
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
The fact that it has an EKO valve makes me think you're having pressure problems. I didn't see it on there but by any chance did your MR4 come with a regulator?
MacrolineGuy.com
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote