FTB

Own goal, **** ya!! Suck it Minnesota!

CanucksBandwagoner
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2013, 12:14 AM #1535
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

Won my pool today thanks to Louisville winning. I don't know **** about Basketball. LOL.

Could the ****ing Ducks lose a game or two, jesus christ. Every time we get some breathing room, they start winning.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:10 AM #1536
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Burrows View Post
its funny that all of you discount Ovi's "down" seasons of 32 and 38 goals..

coming in seaons when they had transitional coaches and people who would not let ovi roam

OMG! only 38 goals! what an out of shape slouch!

:/
Bruce Boudreau was his coach until 2011. Which includes Ovies 65,56,50 goal seasons, as well as his 32 and the start of his 38 goal season. It was the same system and Ovie was allowed to do whatever he wanted in it.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:44 AM #1537
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Annual Supporting Member
Hobbes The Tiger is a Moderator
Hobbes The Tiger is BST Trusted
Hobbes The Tiger is a Paintball photographer
Hobbes The Tiger is playing at Living Legends VII
Hobbes The Tiger supports our troops
Hobbes The Tiger is attending Decay of Nations VI
The last couple of years, Boudreau was trying to implement a new system at Washington and making them more defensive, which was failing. Asking Ovi to backcheck is comical. The style that he wants is working great in Anaheim, they're 9th in GA/G.

Follow PbNation: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

@DABPhoto: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Old 04-09-2013, 11:52 AM #1538
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes The Tiger View Post
The last couple of years, Boudreau was trying to implement a new system at Washington and making them more defensive, which was failing. Asking Ovi to backcheck is comical. The style that he wants is working great in Anaheim, they're 9th in GA/G.
He's probably playing the best defense of his a career right now. He IS backchecking, he's not just drifting back into the zone anymore. He's actually doing something in the d zone as well. Never going to be marian hossa, but he's probably about average-slightly above average right now.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:55 AM #1539
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Annual Supporting Member
I guess I meant more when Boudreau was coaching, asking Ovi to do anything defensively was a joke. Oates was a good hire for Washington, I thought it was funny that 2 months into the season and Caps fans were saying he should be fired.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:09 PM #1540
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve06 View Post
^Lol'd actually.

I'm gonna take sections from each of your posts and respond.

I'm obviously aware how each player was attained, however the fact remains that these trades under The Wonder Kid (Stan) were offloading, but getting in return very specific "plugs". Olesz was acquired to replace departing bottom six talent, and Kim Johnsson was expected to slot into Campbell's vacancy. Read the press clippings, I'd go back and dig but I'm tired and a little drunk. Both turned out to be MASSIVE busts.

You highlight the Barker trade as a win for Stan on account of Leddy, as I stated in my original post, that trade was ALMOST ENTIRELY Barker for Johnsson. Leddy was a just a bonus. Stan got almost assuredly got lucky on this one. Johnsson was a target because he was capable of big minutes (Avg TOI the year before acquisition: 26 minutes) and would slot into the second pairing.

Your response:

My argument again... is Stan got lucky and made out with a great ****ing trade. On the surface, this looked like another absolute garbage plug, but the package part of the deal ended up being a ****ing diamond in the rough. LUCK.

Johnsson barely played with the hawks due to injury, and you can ignorantly chalk it up to luck all you want but right now guess who's a top 4 dman on the hawks? Leddy. And at like 1/6th the cost of campbell.

Again, read the press clippings. Havlat was not the only Hawk (former) that had some grumblings about this. At the end of the day, let's just use simple logic to put this one in perspective. You're telling me that arguably one of the top five GMs for the five years leading up the 2009-2010 team, sat on his ****ing hands and let his highest priority players walk? Are you ****ing insane? Also, the whole mystery letters getting lost bull****, is just that, smells like alot of front office bull****. At the end of the day, we will never know the answer to this, but I think it is absolutely absurd to think that Dale Tallon is responsible for the roster implosion in the summer of 2009. McDonough is to blame as much as Tallon, if not more.

Here's a link discussing the issue: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,176343

And a quote from said link regarding the delay in QA's:

Versteeg had 34 points the season after he left, 54 last year, and has been out most of this season. I'll take Stalberg's comparable production and 900K cap hit over Versteeg and his 4M+ cap hit any day of the week. Or even Shaw/Saad over that buffon.

So you're saying you'd take stalberg over vertseeg for the hawks? Great, so would I and guess who made that trade? Bowman. If the QO's had gone in, versteeg wouldn't have gotten as much money though and then depending on what he did get, maybe my opinion would change on who'd I'd rather have.

GET. A. CLUE.

This is my original list of drafted players under Tallon:

Here's a pretty up to date link of said draft classes: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/t...r00005218.html

The players I listed rights were originally acquired by Dale Tallon. As far as I'm concerned, most of the core of this team was plucked by his hand: Toews, Kane, Seabrook, Crawford, Keith, Bickell, Bolland, and Hjalmarsson.

So far, the only claim to fame Stan has is: Saad (2011), Shaw (2011), and maybe the Hayes brothers.
He's also only been gm for the past 3 drafts and didn't have top 5 picks. So of course there's not going to be a ton of guys from those drafts in the NHL right now. However, Danault and Teravainen are both highly regarded prospects and both picked by Bowman. And how did Danault get drafted? By unloading Brouwer for a first round pick.

Dude really? Duh everyone ****ing knew, I never denied that. BUT CAMPBELL WAS COMING OFF A STANLEY CUP WINNING YEAR, A CAREER YEAR IN +/- (8TH IN ALL DEFENSEMEN)ETC. Regardless of his Cap hit, HE WAS ****ING VALUABLE. It's not like it was Bobby Lu with a huge contract and coming off multiple years of ****ting his pants in the playoffs, it was a very solid, puck moving defenseman coming off the best team in the ****ing league. Brian Campbell was worth a ****ing **** ton more than Rusty ****ing Olesz no matter how big his contract was. To just get Olesz in that trade was equivalent to grand theft on the part of Florida. And why did we do it? To ****ing add people like:

Rostislav Olesz, LW; Andrew Brunette, LW; Jamal Mayers, RW; Daniel Carcillo, LW; Steve Montador, D; Sami Lepisto, D; Sean O'Donnell, D

****.Me.In.The.***. That group chugs dick.
There wasn't cap room for campbell, he basically had to go. And lack of cap space forced us to go cheap on depth/role players. Outside of trades(which has been his weakest point so far), there was really nothing Bowman could have done.

My comments above next to each player in color and bold.

Check out this post, gives you a little insight/bias/no-bias/no-bull**** look at what one of the better bloggers/best blog thought about the move from Tallon to Stan prior to winning the cup: http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2009...t-the-new-boss

Also, I just want to point out, I've provided a good bit of info, and such, and never really personally attacked your hockey knowledge. However, all you do is come in and say I have no clue. Honestly, I think you don't have a ****ing clue. Just because you started watching a few Hawks games in 2009 doesn't make you knowledgable about what was going on before it was "cool" to be a Blackhawks fan, or hockey fan in general for that matter, in Chicago.

TLDR: SHUT THE **** UP *****.
Again, bowman has gotten us through a terrible cap situation with the entire core still in tact. He managed to get some decent returns for guys that got squeezed out by the cap like versteeg. Traded a guy who's been a healthy scratch most of the past 3 seasons for a top 4 dman(whether you want to be ignorant and call it luck or not).

First in nhl
good prospect pool
good, relatively young core

Yea, he's no good at his job. And good luck with the whole slapping me thing
Old 04-09-2013, 12:18 PM #1541
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training

Ovi is also back on the right wing as opposed to being forced into the left

Also how about that schneidssss? 4 shutouts in 9 games pulling up from the rear for the vezina that would be devistating as a Luongo fan though to see Corey win the vezina first year as a starter lol
Old 04-09-2013, 12:33 PM #1542
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Annual Supporting Member
Oh Chuck Fletcher...why'd you have to trade Nick Leddy away?

Wasn't Ovi always a LW or was that Boudreau's doing?

Old 04-09-2013, 01:28 PM #1543
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training

I may have them backward but at some point is was forced to play off hand and now he's back to natural I belive
Old 04-09-2013, 01:35 PM #1544
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
I may have them backward but at some point is was forced to play off hand and now he's back to natural I belive
I think its the exact opposite. Pretty sure he was at LW his whole career until this year.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:58 PM #1545
Orvis09
I haz brown trout

Annual Supporting Member
Orvis09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Orvis09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Orvis09 supports our troops
Orvis09 plays in the APPA D5 division
Orvis09 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Orvis09 is Legendary
Orvis09 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
Again, bowman has gotten us through a terrible cap situation with the entire core still in tact. He managed to get some decent returns for guys that got squeezed out by the cap like versteeg. Traded a guy who's been a healthy scratch most of the past 3 seasons for a top 4 dman(whether you want to be ignorant and call it luck or not).

First in nhl
good prospect pool

Stop replying. Stop feeding the trolls.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:52 PM #1546
weso98
FTB

Naa, guys ovi was a goalie before.

CanucksBandwagoner
Old 04-09-2013, 05:33 PM #1547
iTzDoUgiE777
♥Shea Weber♥

Annual Supporting Member
Memphis Grizzlies (4-2, 2-1)♥
Nashville Predators (game the hell over)♥
Miami Dolphins (more game over)♥
Old 04-09-2013, 05:35 PM #1548
dyepntmaster

dyepntmaster plays in the PSP
dyepntmaster helped look for balloons
dyepntmaster plays in the APPA D5 division
Schnieds wont win Veznia...
Old 04-09-2013, 05:47 PM #1549
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Wait ... Boudreau was trying to implement a more defensive system. So the Caps fired him and hired Dale Hunter, who implemented an even more defensive system than Boudreau? Is that your logic.

You might want to go back and watch the 2010-2012 seasons. There is no defensive system from Boudreau. If there was, he would have traded Green. Hunter had Ovie diving to block shots.

Quote:
Oh Chuck Fletcher...why'd you have to trade Nick Leddy away?

Wasn't Ovi always a LW or was that Boudreau's doing?
Yes, he was LW until this season. Oates moved him over to the RW. But Ovie drifts back to the left on the PP. They usually put Ribeiro on the right side for the PP.

Last edited by slateman : 04-09-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:59 PM #1550
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzDoUgiE777 View Post

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:59 PM #1551
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyepntmaster View Post
Schnieds wont win Veznia...
If he wins out the season with a few more shutouts and 6-7 wins the only detractor to his case would be the number of games he's played
Old 04-09-2013, 06:02 PM #1552
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post

First in nhl
good prospect pool

Its not being ignorant. The trade was Barker for Johnsson. Not Barker for Leddy. Leddy was just part of the package. An unproven prospect, playing High School hockey in Minnesota

Core by Tallon.
Prospects split 50/50.
First in the NHL, attributed to a number of factors, like individual play, strength of the conference, new coaching, existing coach, front office, etc.

Quote:
He's playing his off wing this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvis09 View Post
Stop replying. Stop feeding the trolls.

Last edited by Nerve06 : 04-09-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:51 PM #1553
PMR4LIFE
idk

PMR4LIFE helped look for balloons
PMR4LIFE is reppin' sidebar 4 life
PMR4LIFE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
christ
Hobbes The Tiger: "Touch ourselves? Experiment with our sexuality? Duct tape DMC to the ceiling? Make PMR burn his Stamkos spank bank? Make demonic look at Kovy pr0nz? Make Burrows live in a house that's under 200k?"
New York Yankees Pittsburgh Steelers Tampa Bay Lightning UCF Knights
:daveface:
Old 04-09-2013, 07:29 PM #1554
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

That was a goal. Puck was still live.

Sharp looks good.
Closed Thread