Old 04-08-2013, 05:59 PM #1513
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
yea he was way out of shape, only played like 30 games in the khl and we all know how easy that is.

did it ever occur to you that he(and the caps in general) just had to refind his game after playing for an offensively stifling coach like hunter? oates has the team playing as well as ive seen since 09-10

It did occur to me. But the fact is that Ovie does not train in the offseason like Crosby, Malkin, and Stamkos do. He goes to Russia and plays half ***, then parties all night like a rock star because, frankly, over there he is. He was noticeably slower at the beginning of the season and was quite lazy.

If Ovie had come in to this season in the kind of shape he is right now, the Caps would not have to dig themselves out of the hole they dug and Ovie would be far and away the goals leader in the NHL

Here's Stamkos in the offseason:

Does Ovie look like he put in that kind of work? Nope, he's even admitted as much. He takes off during the summer and doesn't start working out till late in the summer/early in the fall.

He puts in a real offseason with the kind of dedication that Stamkos and Crosby show in their sport, and Jordan and Rice showed in theirs, and Ovie has the ability to return to 2007-2010 form.
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2013, 06:09 PM #1514
dyepntmaster

dyepntmaster plays in the PSP
dyepntmaster helped look for balloons
dyepntmaster plays in the APPA D5 division
Ovi might end my fantasy season by himself...jesus.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:21 PM #1515
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Annual Supporting Member
Hobbes The Tiger is a Moderator
Hobbes The Tiger is BST Trusted
Hobbes The Tiger is a Paintball photographer
Hobbes The Tiger is playing at Living Legends VII
Hobbes The Tiger supports our troops
Hobbes The Tiger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Neal has been one of my more consistent players and now he's out with a concussion.

Follow PbNation: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

@DABPhoto: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Old 04-08-2013, 06:38 PM #1516
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyepntmaster View Post
You'll understand if I'm quietly rooting for this to happen
Old 04-08-2013, 06:46 PM #1517
iTzDoUgiE777
♥Shea Weber♥

Annual Supporting Member
The fgt azn and I are neck and neck. He started off with a forty point lead after two days and now I'm only down by seven.
Memphis Grizzlies (4-2, 2-1)♥
Nashville Predators (game the hell over)♥
Miami Dolphins (more game over)♥
Old 04-08-2013, 06:47 PM #1518
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Annual Supporting Member
If I had started Miller, I would've had a 17 pt. lead, but shame on me for not checking to see which of my goalies were starting. Oh well.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:05 PM #1519
PMR4LIFE
idk

PMR4LIFE helped look for balloons
PMR4LIFE is reppin' sidebar 4 life
PMR4LIFE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
5th place! 5th place! 5th place!

Hobbes The Tiger: "Touch ourselves? Experiment with our sexuality? Duct tape DMC to the ceiling? Make PMR burn his Stamkos spank bank? Make demonic look at Kovy pr0nz? Make Burrows live in a house that's under 200k?"
New York Yankees Pittsburgh Steelers Tampa Bay Lightning UCF Knights
:daveface:
Old 04-08-2013, 07:29 PM #1520
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training

its funny that all of you discount Ovi's "down" seasons of 32 and 38 goals..

coming in seaons when they had transitional coaches and people who would not let ovi roam

OMG! only 38 goals! what an out of shape slouch!

:/
Old 04-08-2013, 09:35 PM #1521
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

Quote:
um i already completely owned you in the argument about tallon/bowman. "it wasnt his fault he blew qo's to players that forced the hawks into cap hell" "it wasn't his fault he handed out laughable contracts to huet and campbell or that he wasnt great in the draft".."who cares that he wanted havlat back, he was still the gm when they signed hossa, so he gets credit for that even though he was fired a short time later and basically had no say at that point".

"who cares that bowman turned a massive tallon mistake(barker) into a very good young defenseman(leddy)" "its bowmans fault that tallon's terrible cap management forced him into dumping key parts of the sc roster and resulted in two 1st round playoff exits" "who cares that the hawks have the best record in the league, a relatively young core, a goid prospect pool and some cap flexibilty, its been 2 whole years since they won the cup. FIRE BOWMANNNN!1!!!"
When I get home, I'll requote my original post. Your reading comprehension must be at 1st grade level if that's what you parsed from my argument.

You're a ****ing idiot. Or a massive troll, I can't tell which one.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:40 PM #1522
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

^Lol'd actually.

I'm gonna take sections from each of your posts and respond.

Quote:
um we got olesz from Florida when we had to salary dump campbell, kim johnsson came with leddy in the barker deal and oduya was traded for at deadline last year.
I'm obviously aware how each player was attained, however the fact remains that these trades under The Wonder Kid (Stan) were offloading, but getting in return very specific "plugs". Olesz was acquired to replace departing bottom six talent, and Kim Johnsson was expected to slot into Campbell's vacancy. Read the press clippings, I'd go back and dig but I'm tired and a little drunk. Both turned out to be MASSIVE busts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve06 View Post
Also, at the time Nick Leddy was an afterthought, Johnnson was supposed to be a 2nd pairing plug, Leddy was just a nice bargain to go along with the offload of Barker.
You highlight the Barker trade as a win for Stan on account of Leddy, as I stated in my original post, that trade was ALMOST ENTIRELY Barker for Johnsson. Leddy was a just a bonus. Stan got almost assuredly got lucky on this one. Johnsson was a target because he was capable of big minutes (Avg TOI the year before acquisition: 26 minutes) and would slot into the second pairing.

Your response:

Quote:
um, so what? He got a good young dman for ****ty cam barker who hasn't touched the ice at all this year
My argument again... is Stan got lucky and made out with a great ****ing trade. On the surface, this looked like another absolute garbage plug, but the package part of the deal ended up being a ****ing diamond in the rough. LUCK.

Quote:
giving waaaay to much credit to tallon considering it was his fault our cap situation got so ****ed in the first place. he blew the deadline for qo's to rfas and as a result they couldn't afford to sign them.
Quote:
Read the player comments, he did not **** up the QOs. McDonough screwed the pooch on that one and there was alot of bull**** behind the scenes that leads one to believe Tallon was on a leash. That whole situation was a cluster****, a number of players basically said Tallon got ****ed.
Again, read the press clippings. Havlat was not the only Hawk (former) that had some grumblings about this. At the end of the day, let's just use simple logic to put this one in perspective. You're telling me that arguably one of the top five GMs for the five years leading up the 2009-2010 team, sat on his ****ing hands and let his highest priority players walk? Are you ****ing insane? Also, the whole mystery letters getting lost bull****, is just that, smells like alot of front office bull****. At the end of the day, we will never know the answer to this, but I think it is absolutely absurd to think that Dale Tallon is responsible for the roster implosion in the summer of 2009. McDonough is to blame as much as Tallon, if not more.

Here's a link discussing the issue: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,176343

And a quote from said link regarding the delay in QA's:

Quote:
Chicago insiders say it wasn't GM Dale Tallon's fault that qualifying offers to the club's restricted free agents got bungled, leaving the likes of Kris Versteeg(notes) (a former Bruins draft pick) and Cam Barker(notes) potential unrestricted free agents (pending a grievance filed by the Players Association). The offers, though mailed on time, didn't reach all recipients by the June 30 deadline. Why? According to one source who has regular dealings with the Chicago front office, club president John McDonough had a hand in delaying the mailing of the offers. Meanwhile, Tallon offered himself up for the blame
Quote:
****ed us out of keeping guys like versteeg for a couple more seasons
Versteeg had 34 points the season after he left, 54 last year, and has been out most of this season. I'll take Stalberg's comparable production and 900K cap hit over Versteeg and his 4M+ cap hit any day of the week. Or even Shaw/Saad over that buffon.

Quote:
not to mention how lacking his drafting was(beach, barker) outside of two basically no-brainers in kane and toews
GET. A. CLUE.

This is my original list of drafted players under Tallon:

Quote:
Draft wise, he got Kruger in 2009, he's seeing 3rd line minutes now. Pirri was also picked up in 2009, who will likely make the jump by the end of this year or next. Ben Smith in 2008. Hjalmarsson in 2005. Bolland, Bickell, Brouwer in 2004. Seabrook and Crawford in 2003. Keith in 2002. I think he did fine... (Granted from 2002-2005 he was only director of player development or some title)
Here's a pretty up to date link of said draft classes: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/t...r00005218.html

The players I listed rights were originally acquired by Dale Tallon. As far as I'm concerned, most of the core of this team was plucked by his hand: Toews, Kane, Seabrook, Crawford, Keith, Bickell, Bolland, and Hjalmarsson.

So far, the only claim to fame Stan has is: Saad (2011), Shaw (2011), and maybe the Hayes brothers.

Quote:
100% false. Every team in the NHL KNEW we had to dump campbell, and he was/is not a high value asset because he's signed for over a 7 mil cap hit through 2016
Dude really? Duh everyone ****ing knew, I never denied that. BUT CAMPBELL WAS COMING OFF A STANLEY CUP WINNING YEAR, A CAREER YEAR IN +/- (8TH IN ALL DEFENSEMEN)ETC. Regardless of his Cap hit, HE WAS ****ING VALUABLE. It's not like it was Bobby Lu with a huge contract and coming off multiple years of ****ting his pants in the playoffs, it was a very solid, puck moving defenseman coming off the best team in the ****ing league. Brian Campbell was worth a ****ing **** ton more than Rusty ****ing Olesz no matter how big his contract was. To just get Olesz in that trade was equivalent to grand theft on the part of Florida. And why did we do it? To ****ing add people like:

Rostislav Olesz, LW; Andrew Brunette, LW; Jamal Mayers, RW; Daniel Carcillo, LW; Steve Montador, D; Sami Lepisto, D; Sean O'Donnell, D

****.Me.In.The.***. That group chugs dick.

Quote:
see red

Also, right now bowman is responsible for these players on the hawks:
Hjalmarsson(matched offer sheet) DRAFTED BY TALLON
Emery GOOD PICKUP BY STAN (DUE TO PLAY THIS SEASON, OTHERWISE THIS WOULD BE A ****UP, VERDICT STILL OUT)
Oduya GREAT PICKUP BY STAN
Leddy ACQUIRED BY STAN THROUGH LUCK/HOPE/PRAYER
Rosival ANOTHER GOOD PICKUP BY STAN, SHOULD PLAY MORE
Brookbank ABSOLUTE ****ING GARBAGE. BAD PLUG BY STAN.
Carcillo #GorillaSalad NUFF SAID, STAN. (Also, -2 in just under 9 minutes of TOI last night... Excellent addition.)
Saad GREAT DRAFT CHOICE BY STAN
Frolik ROUNDING INTO AN EXCELLENT 4TH LINER... DECENT PICKUP BY STAN
Mayers DOESN'T PLAY, BASICALLY USELESS
Stalberg GOOD PICKUP BY STAN
Shaw GOOD DRAFT BY STAN
Hossa SIGNED BY TALLON
Quote:
As we've said before, the signing of Marian Hossa(notes) from the Detroit Red Wings to a 12-year deal with a cap hit of $5.233 million was a manageable problem for Tallon
I'M NOT ARGUING THAT STAN HASN'T DONE BAD, I'M SAYING THE VERDICT IS STILL OUT. WHILE THE ABOVE PLAYERS ARE GREAT, THE CORE WAS LARGELY ACQUIRED BY TALLON, WHICH IS WHAT DRIVES THIS TEAM.

And I think Bolland is the only player that hasn't signed a contract while Bowman was with the hawks.

My comments above next to each player in color and bold.

Check out this post, gives you a little insight/bias/no-bias/no-bull**** look at what one of the better bloggers/best blog thought about the move from Tallon to Stan prior to winning the cup: http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2009...t-the-new-boss

Also, I just want to point out, I've provided a good bit of info, and such, and never really personally attacked your hockey knowledge. However, all you do is come in and say I have no clue. Honestly, I think you don't have a ****ing clue. Just because you started watching a few Hawks games in 2009 doesn't make you knowledgable about what was going on before it was "cool" to be a Blackhawks fan, or hockey fan in general for that matter, in Chicago.

TLDR: SHUT THE **** UP *****.

Last edited by Nerve06 : 04-08-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:57 PM #1523
Orvis09
I haz brown trout

Annual Supporting Member
Orvis09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Orvis09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Orvis09 supports our troops
Orvis09 plays in the APPA D5 division
Orvis09 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Orvis09 is Legendary
Orvis09 supports DLX Technology
Damn Chicago fans can't even get along with themselves
Old 04-08-2013, 10:00 PM #1524
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Annual Supporting Member

Old 04-08-2013, 10:10 PM #1525
weso98
FTB

Nerve you must have a lot of extra time on your hands.

CanucksBandwagoner
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 PM #1526
PMR4LIFE
idk

PMR4LIFE helped look for balloons
PMR4LIFE is reppin' sidebar 4 life
PMR4LIFE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes The Tiger View Post
Hey! That's my video!

Also:
Hobbes The Tiger: "Touch ourselves? Experiment with our sexuality? Duct tape DMC to the ceiling? Make PMR burn his Stamkos spank bank? Make demonic look at Kovy pr0nz? Make Burrows live in a house that's under 200k?"
New York Yankees Pittsburgh Steelers Tampa Bay Lightning UCF Knights
:daveface:
Old 04-08-2013, 10:27 PM #1527
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR4LIFE View Post
Hey! That's my video!

Old 04-08-2013, 10:39 PM #1528
weso98
FTB

Mike smith is the most dramatic player in the nhl.

CanucksBandwagoner
Old 04-08-2013, 10:51 PM #1529
AndyAllen019
INSOMNIAWESOME

Annual Supporting Member
AndyAllen019 is a Moderator
AndyAllen019 is a Supporting Member
AndyAllen019 supports our troops
AndyAllen019 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by weso98 View Post
Ehhh, Crosby is still the king.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:54 PM #1530
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

Quote:
Nerve you must have a lot of extra time on your hands.
Not really, I just copied my old argument. The last time I posted it I was pissed about stupid people, I get enough dumb **** know-it-all fans at the games themselves.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:57 PM #1531
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAllen019 View Post
Ehhh, Crosby is still the king.
Crosby is pretty dramatic, but Smith's flopping takes the cake. The worst part is that he purposely puts himself in that situation.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:59 PM #1532
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training

Quote:
werd what a ***** guy ****ing snaps every time somones in the crease..

2 disallowed canuck goals in like 2 minutes :/
Old 04-08-2013, 11:26 PM #1533
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyepntmaster View Post
56.6 pts so far
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Closed Thread