Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-23-2013, 03:53 PM #1
Bellamy803

Bellamy803 supports DLX Technology
Ok guys Down to three "already compared many times" EDIT:Now looking for a backup!!!!

The order below is my personal picks based off of looks alone and a short description of what I like about the gun.

1- Macdev Clone Gt " My fav looking of the three. Seems to be super smooth from the vids I have watched. "

2- Luxe 2.0 2nd fav as far as looks are concerned. Dont care about talking board. Obviously people love these things. Just don't know what it is about this gun I am not sure of.

3- Geo3 - I have owned PE guns for 8+ years. Have not shot the geo3 but love the idea of the soft tip bolt and comfort settings. Only minus to me on this gun is the look and macro line. Ive watched the videos obviously its a nice gun

What I hope to get from this is some great Owner reviews that may have owned more than one of the above. I have not had the chance to use any of them so I am depending on you guys.

What I dont hope to get is a BRAND battle. Die hard luxe owners I know you love the luxe. Same goes with the others. Im looking for more of a technical response.

Thanks in advance nation!

EDIT: Bought a new Luxe ( NOW LOOKING FOR MY SECONDARY GUN ) Post below is where we are at now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshnielson
Im a gun whore so here we go had a geo 3 shoots good and gets good amount of pods off if you want a gun that is a tank go pe simple maintence now when you get into the next two requires more care so here we go luxe 2.0 feels good shoots good but drinks air up like kool aid. the clone gt shoots butter feels weird but shoots great and gets alot ove pods off but i feel it has a tendency to kick upward more than the others so if you want feel go luxe if you want pods go clone if you want a tank aka geo 3 go pe im surprized your nt thinking ove vapor its the best of both worlds gets alot of pods and shoots butter by far my fave but i hope this helps you
Already have my new Luxe on the way - but I do appreciate this post/comparison.

1- I like the GT alot and at one time was my favorite as far as looks are concerned. After looking longer and harder I think it fell second to the luxe mainly because of the square milling. Reason 2 I got away from the GT was I am in the market NOW for a gun and could not get an answer/ETA on the Gti. I wasnt interested in getting one then sending back in for the upgrades. Last but not Least on the GT - I do NOT care for the Screen being on the side of the grips AT ALL. Shoots great yeah - somewhat efficient yes but not for me.

2- GEO - IM a PE fan - always have been. Went away from it because I really wanted to go macroless. I think the value drops toooo quick on them. And from the reviews its just not quite as quiet as what I am looking for.

You mentioned VAPOR - Ive read plenty of reviews and never really got that WOW factor I was looking for. Im sure its a great gun but I would really need to spend some time with one to take it over the 3 posted above. I know barrels DO not matter much since you can get whatever you want but I do not care for the barrel kit it comes with either....I do however like freak inserts - and PE shaft barrels.

I am now looking for my second " High End " gun. My current choices/options are as follows in no specific order.

1- Vanquish
2- LV1
3- Vapor ?!? ( I know there is a million and one reason why a gun chops a ball but there are way too many Vapor videos where I see blended paint coming out the barrel )
4- Ripper

Heavily leaning towards the LV1 just because I love PE and would like having 2 different style guns. But something about that RIPPER really has my attention just have not figured it out yet.

Ripper OR Lv1 ? I could almost buy a Vanquish simply for the fact the customer service is so damn good.

UPDATE: Heres a picture of the Luxe2.0 I ended up getting. Its fresh from the factory just assembled a few days ago. STILL in discussion about the my second gun LV1 is most likely the choice so far....

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post78642129

Last edited by Bellamy803 : 04-01-2013 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Title Update
Bellamy803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2013, 04:01 PM #2
Marmaduke
Aqua Team Agg Force

Marmaduke owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Marmaduke plays in the APPA D4 division
Can't go wrong with PE quality. If you're going to get a Luxe, you might as well save yourself $1000 and get a shocker with an Eigenbolt.
A5OG Feedback 12/0/0
Marmaduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:59 PM #3
Bellamy803

Def not set on a Luxe, I do like the idea of the Geo3. Shocker is out man, I am ready to spend a little.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:30 PM #4
Marmaduke
Aqua Team Agg Force

Marmaduke owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Marmaduke plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamy803 View Post
Def not set on a Luxe, I do like the idea of the Geo3. Shocker is out man, I am ready to spend a little.
I hear ya. I'm not a huge fan of spool valve markers. However, I played a tournament with a Geo3 not too long ago and that gun was amazing. No problems, good efficiency for a spoolie, and felt great in the hands. That gets my vote.
A5OG Feedback 12/0/0
Marmaduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:41 PM #5
PeacockBingham
I am not gay.

PeacockBingham plays in the APPA D4 division
Geo3 over those two other guns.
PeacockBingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:20 PM #6
Bellamy803

So far two Geo3 ups! Very interesting
Old 02-23-2013, 08:32 PM #7
tadams631

I would prefer the clone gt or the luxe 2.0 over the geo, ITs all personal preference every single player will tell you something different..my father in law shoots a geo 3 and he likes it. The clone gt I was lookin at before I purchased my 2.0 but I spoke to several people who said clones were a great gun but were a little quirky to start off with and are not the most reliable first marker.. Like I said though everyone has a different opinion. I chose the luxe2.0 bc it is a proven platform and has great cust service and is reliable ,,I think it's kinda stupid to say a shocker is in the same categories kind of ignorant but whatever ..there is a reason the luxe holds its resale value better than any of the guns listed above and it's worth a lot more than a shocker... That being said a geo is a workhorse but is not as soft of a shot as a luxe or clone gt, nor is the geo as quiet ,the feather touch of th luxe is awesome if your shooting brittle paint ... Once again it's all personal preference but I choose luxe..
Old 02-23-2013, 11:24 PM #8
Weroliera (Banned)

Geo3!!
Work work work
Weroliera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:51 PM #9
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology
Clone Gt. Enough said.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:52 AM #10
lungilung

Annual Supporting Member
lungilung owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
lungilung owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
lungilung plays in the APPA D4 division
lungilung owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
If your a PE guy, go w the Geo3. The best Geo by far!
GT is at the bottom for me personally, Luxes are great, there's a reason why they have the best resale
Old 02-24-2013, 08:55 AM #11
dciry289

Geo all the way, never had any complaints with PE markers
dciry289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:13 AM #12
ZERO*EGO
Best of the Worst

ZERO*EGO owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ZERO*EGO plays in the APPA beginner division
ZERO*EGO has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ZERO*EGO has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
have you actually picked up all three of these choices? all three are top notch markers so i would go with the one that feels best in your hands

Insight Owners Group
ZERO*EGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:39 PM #13
Bellamy803

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERO*EGO View Post
have you actually picked up all three of these choices? all three are top notch markers so i would go with the one that feels best in your hands
First, Thanks to everyone that has made post thus far. I really appreciate it. As for picking them up no I have not. Unfortunately my local field does not stock them. Thats why I was hoping to maybe get some good tech feedback.

I played today a little while with my ego and a little while with my axe and I have def decided to stick with the spool setup. Ego is about to go up for sale.

Look and feel is great obviously in your hands will tell the whole story but after getting some good time in today I believe I am in to softest feel and sound above all else. That being said I did spend some time around a few luxe 2.0's today that were amazingly quiet. If I had some kind of proof the at the Geo was similar to the luxe in sound and feel I believe I would go PE. I think I have ruled out the Clone GT for now although it is my favorite look.

So down to the Geo 3 or Luxe.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:58 PM #14
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
First, Thanks to everyone that has made post thus far. I really appreciate it. As for picking them up no I have not. Unfortunately my local field does not stock them. Thats why I was hoping to maybe get some good tech feedback.

I played today a little while with my ego and a little while with my axe and I have def decided to stick with the spool setup. Ego is about to go up for sale.

Look and feel is great obviously in your hands will tell the whole story but after getting some good time in today I believe I am in to softest feel and sound above all else. That being said I did spend some time around a few luxe 2.0's today that were amazingly quiet. If I had some kind of proof the at the Geo was similar to the luxe in sound and feel I believe I would go PE. I think I have ruled out the Clone GT for now although it is my favorite look.

So down to the Geo 3 or Luxe.
I and others would say the Clone GT is the smoothest and quietest. And then theres the GTi coming out...
BurningPlaydoh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:06 PM #15
Bellamy803

Yeah I heard about the gti. Pretty slick for sure. My only concerned with the clone is the "quirks" everyone is supposedly having......what's your take on that?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:26 PM #16
xmagman
MacDev Militia

has been a member for 10 years
xmagman supports Team VICIOUS
xmagman is for the Gunfight
xmagman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My favorite of the 3 is the GT. Ive had mine for nearly a year and have not had any issues at all. As far as the "quirks" you mention...I have yet to experience any. As long as you lube it properly it will shoot buttery smooth and efficiently. And the GT is every bit reliable as the other two markers. The GT is as smooth as a Luxe but its much more air efficient. The Geo3 is going to be the least smooth of the 3. The Luxe will be the least air efficient. Maintenance will go to the Geo3. But if you have half a brain you can maintain the other two without any issues.

For me it is: GT>Luxe>Geo3

MacDev Clone GTi
MacDev Droid

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

Ryukyu Kings Paintball Team
xmagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:22 AM #17
Bellamy803

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmagman View Post
My favorite of the 3 is the GT. Ive had mine for nearly a year and have not had any issues at all. As far as the "quirks" you mention...I have yet to experience any. As long as you lube it properly it will shoot buttery smooth and efficiently. And the GT is every bit reliable as the other two markers. The GT is as smooth as a Luxe but its much more air efficient. The Geo3 is going to be the least smooth of the 3. The Luxe will be the least air efficient. Maintenance will go to the Geo3. But if you have half a brain you can maintain the other two without any issues.

For me it is: GT>Luxe>Geo3
Good info man! IF it is true the Geo3 does not shoot as smooth as the clone or the luxe I would probably pass. Like stated before Im looking for as smooth and quiet I can find.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:14 AM #18
RDS Frost
Rubber Ducky Squad

RDS Frost owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
RDS Frost has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I've had the chance to shoot a Geo3 and a Luxe, I prefer the Geo3 but that's just me. As stated above its all preference, your best bet would be to post around asking if anyone near you has these guns and then try them out. I've heard great things about all the guns, now their respective manufacturer's on the other hand I've heard nothing but good things from Luxe and PE, but wishy washy on MacDev. The store down the street from me doesn't even carry their stock anymore because they've had too many problems w/ the Customer Service from them. But all in all I'd suggest you find someone or some people around you and beg them to let you shoot them because you will never really know till you hold them.
Geo3>Luxe>GT

"I am already missing my Threshold and it is still here at the house with me. PurpleHaze Baller better keep good care of her" -rottensquad07
"First thing I'm gonna do is stick my weiner in it. :D" -Purplehaze Baller
RDS Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:52 AM #19
Joe13750

Joe13750 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Joe13750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Joe13750 is for the Gunfight
Joe13750 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Good info man! IF it is true the Geo3 does not shoot as smooth as the clone or the luxe I would probably pass. Like stated before Im looking for as smooth and quiet I can find.
Knowing this, the geo 3 should be your last pick. It is the loudest and least smooth of the three. I would go gt with luxe being close second
#7 ORLANDO

G.I Victus http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4383161
Joe13750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:56 PM #20
Bellamy803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe13750 View Post
Knowing this, the geo 3 should be your last pick. It is the loudest and least smooth of the three. I would go gt with luxe being close second
Thanks Joe! Seems to be the general consensus! I have talked to many many people that swear on the geo and maybe they are not as into what I am looking for.

We are NOW down the clone gt and Luxe running in a close second. Main reason the Luxe is currently running second is it seems like everyone in the Highend market has one right now.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:53 PM #21
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Personally, I think the Clone is more comfortable than the luxe and it is just as smooth and quiet, but is also more efficient. I'm not sure what the GTi will do in real world performance changes, but I'd be inclined to say that it'll be well worth the money. Heck, a built in pressure tester would be worth it for me.