Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-23-2013, 08:29 AM #1
Blue_Barron
BECAUSE SCIENCE!!!

Blue_Barron has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Opinions on Viking Project

Hey folks,

After drooling over pics of custom Vikings for the last few years I finally picked up a Viking of my own- a 2003 halfmill with SCM-III, Angel Speed frame, eyes, WAS board (semi only ) and 2-Litre+ reg. I want to customize this real nice, just to my liking, but my only issue is one of the parts I'd be interested in putting into this thing is a RT valve.

My question is this: since finding an 03 RT valve can be very difficult, is it really worth the effort to find one? Would I be better off just offloading my 03 and finding an 04 so I can just pick up an 04 RT valve from Destructuve? Or should I just skip the RT all together and stick with stock?

Would love to hear some opinions here. I love the look of the Halfmill design but I don't know how easy it would be to find an 04 Halfmill vs an 03.
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2013, 09:40 AM #2
fsrxc1

has been a member for 10 years
Some people don't like the RT...they feel it doesn't work, leaks etc....I have the first one we installed at DC in one of my guns...we did all the testing on this valve etc....In all the years i have had it, it has never leaked and worked great...I have them in all my guns and now when i build a new gun it always has one...I think the 04's benefit from them more than the 03's , as the older guns have a bit more weight to them....the gun will shoot great with or without one

Rampage X-Ball
Monster Paintball- I Bleed GREEN
fsrxc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:40 PM #3
matteusz

Annual Supporting Member
I just took a broken one out of an 03 viking. We used it for parts to fix another 03 rt valve. Have shot an 04 viking side by side with the exact same gun with a RT valve in it and could not tell the difference. RT was installed and tuned by DC.

I know tons of people that swear by them and love em. I know tons that would tell you to skip it and just shoot stock.

I think for the money you can't go wrong with a stock ram.

Keep the was board too. It will encourage you to develop trigger skills and take better shots.

Sounds like a nice gun. I would just enjoy shooting it. Spend your money on paint.
matteusz is offline   Reply With Quote