Got this from Chris @ Dye yesterday
From: Chris Williamson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Subject: PLEASE READ. DYE. Protect yourself from FRAUD.
To: Chris Williamson <email@example.com>
We have had a flurry of fraudulent attempts from a person(s) in Miami all the way to Texas trying to purchase high end DAM and DM13’s by attempting to place phone orders to our Dye dealer base in almost every state. These people will place phone calls to multiple store locations in different areas trying to acquire this product. Please be diligent and leery of anyone that is giving you a credit card over the phone. I have had no fewer than 15 calls over the last week about this happening.
Ways to protect yourself.
1) Request a copy of the front and back of the credit card with a Drivers license that matches the card.
2) Call the number on the back of the credit card and verify that the Billing and Shipping information match.
3) If the shipping address is different than the billing address something is wrong.
4) Have the customer call the credit card company and let them know there will be a charge coming through from your business. Call the credit card company and confirm that this is the case.
5) BE CAREFUL. It takes time for chargeback to happen with credit cards. This person is counting on getting the product far ahead of you finding out that there is a chargeback on your account.
6) In the end, call your bank for additional information on how you can protect yourself from Credit Card Fraud.
Dye Precision, Inc
P. 858-536-5183 x 222
Dealer Information Center