Community Focus

Old 02-23-2013, 08:35 PM #22
Kbug
O.M.G.

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug supports Team VICIOUS
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
I've gotten so tired of getting shot while trying to surrender people, I just quit trying. 9 out of 10 times I get right up on them, stick my barrel a foot away from them, yell "surrender!", and they turn around and start shooting. I can't think of any good stories right now except for a recent one. I was playing rec on the tireball field and there was one guy left on the other team. I decided to just bunker him and get him out. Well, I stayed out a little ways so it wouldn't hurt as bad, and I only hit him maybe twice. He decided I was being a jerk though and ran up with his little Spyder and shot me in the back on the knee. It hurt like heck and I think they tested his marker and he was shooting hot (300 something). That's all I can think of right now

Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2013, 09:31 PM #23
halfj06

halfj06 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
halfj06 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
halfj06 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
When I was just a lil 14-15yrs old.. around 2002-2003.. myself and a group of 4 other friends went to a feild.. and while waiting for a group of recs and a ref to get going some guys from chicago aftershock invited us to play a 5 of us vs 4 of them while they waiting for their 5th guy to show.. so of course we did.

off the break I charged hard for the snake, got there and popped a front and back player and both wiped I went from sooooo pumped to broken hearted and was pretty much pushed away from ever wanting to play with "those tourny.kinda guys'.. I know better now that not all do it but not then
Old 02-23-2013, 10:35 PM #24
paintballoliver

paintballoliver plays in the PSP
paintballoliver is playing at Living Legends VI
paintballoliver plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballoliver has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfj06 View Post
When I was just a lil 14-15yrs old.. around 2002-2003.. myself and a group of 4 other friends went to a feild.. and while waiting for a group of recs and a ref to get going some guys from chicago aftershock invited us to play a 5 of us vs 4 of them while they waiting for their 5th guy to show.. so of course we did.

off the break I charged hard for the snake, got there and popped a front and back player and both wiped I went from sooooo pumped to broken hearted and was pretty much pushed away from ever wanting to play with "those tourny.kinda guys'.. I know better now that not all do it but not then
Yea nothing gets me more mad then people wiping. At least if they play on, I give myself the mentality that they did not notice, but wiping oooohhhg boooy
Old 02-24-2013, 06:44 PM #25
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology
Quote:

Last year, we had these guys at our field. They would play on or wipe in practice sometimes, and had really bad attitudes. They aren't around though anymore thankfully Generally, most of the speedballers I play with are awesome people though.
dps093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:19 PM #26
-Lightning-
Be the thunder

-Lightning- is playing at Living Legends VI
-Lightning- has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- supports DLX Technology
I was reffing a game with my friends on speedball. (We're all speedball players not nubs) One kid pointed at his sandana/head wrap and shouted "Am I hit?!" And may I note: on his head wrap exactly where he pointed was an orange spot from the graphics or picture on it. And from like 3 feet away I said he was hit.

Well, he wasn't hit and he got really pissed. What he didn't realize was that there where 2 people running down to bunker him. One on each side. S chances are I probably saved his *** lol. He was last anyways.
-Lightning- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:21 PM #27
-Lightning-
Be the thunder

Quote:

I hate that. 2 guys charged up the side when I was playing Saturday. I lit up both of them and they continued to play, then bragged about it. Those ****ing *** holes. If they weren't sponsored by the field I would of called them out.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:38 PM #28
paintballoliver

paintballoliver plays in the PSP
paintballoliver is playing at Living Legends VI
paintballoliver plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballoliver has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lightning- View Post
I hate that. 2 guys charged up the side when I was playing Saturday. I lit up both of them and they continued to play, then bragged about it. Those ****ing *** holes. If they weren't sponsored by the field I would of called them out.
Would have gave me more reason to call them out. If my field sponsor found out anyone on our team was cheating, they would be kicked off the team. Our owner does not like to get a bad name for his team.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:40 PM #29
-Lightning-
Be the thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballoliver View Post
Would have gave me more reason to call them out. If my field sponsor found out anyone on our team was cheating, they would be kicked off the team. Our owner does not like to get a bad name for his team.
There more of a team that uses the feild's name. Like if the field was Storm paintball, the team would be storm paintball
Old 02-24-2013, 07:48 PM #30
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
The worst situation I've been in as a ref was calling someone out who shot a kid for a few seconds on full auto with an X7 then getting it turned to me. So throughout the rest of the day the dick would always shoot at me. I got my revenge when I got his *** with uncapped PSP when I got around to playing

My worst situation as a player was when I got hit twice on the shoulder and started walking to the deadbox only to get lit up by some rentals who were at the back. I guess having my hand up and being halfway into the deadbox means that I'm the priority target :/
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:38 PM #31
Ryousuke

Ryousuke plays in the PSP
Ryousuke owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Ryousuke plays in the APPA D5 division
I had gotten shot out in a big game of rec-ball,just standing on the sidelines with my gun set down on the ground chatting it up with the other dead players. I saw a young rental player's mask fall off near the middle of the field and instinctively took off running at him while screaming "MASK! MASK! MASK!" Players from both teams light me up as I'm running and players from the kid's team are still shooting at me when I dive on top of him and shield his face. The refs call the game dead and try to get everyone to stop shooting. I walk off the field just covered in hits with the refs thanking me.

I know it's not my job to help the refs and probably made it worse by running and screaming but hey,better safe than sorry.
Ryousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 AM #32
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryousuke View Post
I had gotten shot out in a big game of rec-ball,just standing on the sidelines with my gun set down on the ground chatting it up with the other dead players. I saw a young rental player's mask fall off near the middle of the field and instinctively took off running at him while screaming "MASK! MASK! MASK!" Players from both teams light me up as I'm running and players from the kid's team are still shooting at me when I dive on top of him and shield his face. The refs call the game dead and try to get everyone to stop shooting. I walk off the field just covered in hits with the refs thanking me.

I know it's not my job to help the refs and probably made it worse by running and screaming but hey,better safe than sorry.
As a referee, I always appreciate it when the customers help me out. Sometimes its hard for one person like me to control 30 some people, so help is always awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
The worst situation I've been in as a ref was calling someone out who shot a kid for a few seconds on full auto with an X7 then getting it turned to me. So throughout the rest of the day the dick would always shoot at me. I got my revenge when I got his *** with uncapped PSP when I got around to playing

My worst situation as a player was when I got hit twice on the shoulder and started walking to the deadbox only to get lit up by some rentals who were at the back. I guess having my hand up and being halfway into the deadbox means that I'm the priority target :/
If a player purposely hits me like that as a referee, I'd instantly throw him out
Quote:
I was reffing a game with my friends on speedball. (We're all speedball players not nubs) One kid pointed at his sandana/head wrap and shouted "Am I hit?!" And may I note: on his head wrap exactly where he pointed was an orange spot from the graphics or picture on it. And from like 3 feet away I said he was hit.

Well, he wasn't hit and he got really pissed. What he didn't realize was that there where 2 people running down to bunker him. One on each side. S chances are I probably saved his *** lol. He was last anyways.
Yea wearing colors like yellow or orange is never a good idea because typically those two colors are not allowed in most leagues because that is what fill the paint is. And it's not like it was a tourney, just practice, so there is always another game.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:13 PM #33
-Lightning-
Be the thunder

Worst thing I've seen happen was last weekend I was just watching/reffing a game of like 5v5 rentals. It was like 4:45 so there wasn't too many people left.
Then I hear a kid crying. Me and the ref look behind throat he net and they were talking about him getting shot in the eye.
The look the ref gave me was priceless. I'm not sure if he fired a paintball, or if it was air, I don't think a paintball was fired, as he was able to walk away.

Defiantly the most scariest!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:47 PM #34
Wheeldogg
Sam

Wheeldogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wheeldogg owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Wheeldogg has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
One time there was this guy who did not speak English and he ran all the way across the field getting hit multiple times then proceeded to shoot all of our team as we shot him many more times(id say he walked of with about 50 or so hits). Every one was yelling at him but he did not understand.

overall not good.

Recball Videos (add yours today!)
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3927913
Wheeldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:01 PM #35
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
Quote:
Worst thing I've seen happen was last weekend I was just watching/reffing a game of like 5v5 rentals. It was like 4:45 so there wasn't too many people left.
Then I hear a kid crying. Me and the ref look behind throat he net and they were talking about him getting shot in the eye.
The look the ref gave me was priceless. I'm not sure if he fired a paintball, or if it was air, I don't think a paintball was fired, as he was able to walk away.

Defiantly the most scariest!
Wowwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeldogg View Post
One time there was this guy who did not speak English and he ran all the way across the field getting hit multiple times then proceeded to shoot all of our team as we shot him many more times(id say he walked of with about 50 or so hits). Every one was yelling at him but he did not understand.

overall not good.
Yea I've had the same problem with customers like that who don't speak english. It's impossible to get them under control when they can't understand you.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:10 PM #36
Octagonalized
#12 SKPB

Octagonalized supports Team VICIOUS
Octagonalized has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Octagonalized has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Octagonalized has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Nail stuck on my hand in rec.
Octagonalized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:14 PM #37
-Lightning-
Be the thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeldogg View Post

overall not good.
Same thing happened to me. He then was out of bounds shooting at me. Thankfully the refs took his gun away
Old 02-25-2013, 06:38 PM #38
Octagonalized
#12 SKPB

Octagonalized has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Octagonalized has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Octagonalized has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Same thing happened to me. He then was out of bounds shooting at me. Thankfully the refs took his gun away
I love refs sometimes. Some aren't aware of the rules at my field, because they have never played before. (Recreational, not FA, I'm in AZ)
Edit: FA is another field.
SCOTTSDALE KINGS #12
TEXAS BORN

HOUSTON
HEAT

Last edited by Octagonalized : 02-25-2013 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Forgetting to explain
Octagonalized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:00 PM #39
zackattack9909
Sucka Free Sunday

zackattack9909 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
zackattack9909 supports Team VICIOUS
zackattack9909 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
zackattack9909 supports DLX Technology
The worst I've ever had was when we were playing capture the fort and I was defending. I got shot out inside the little house, and walked out the back with my gun in the air. As I left the back of the house, I got lit up from rentals who didn't seem to understand (or were just acting on their instincts) that my gun in the air meant that i was out. I got hit nearly 10 times, once in the neck and all up my side. I yelled out "I'm already out" and they stopped, but It always stings to take an unexpected one in the neck while not playing.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 PM #40
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackattack9909 View Post
The worst I've ever had was when we were playing capture the fort and I was defending. I got shot out inside the little house, and walked out the back with my gun in the air. As I left the back of the house, I got lit up from rentals who didn't seem to understand (or were just acting on their instincts) that my gun in the air meant that i was out. I got hit nearly 10 times, once in the neck and all up my side. I yelled out "I'm already out" and they stopped, but It always stings to take an unexpected one in the neck while not playing.
Zack, now you see why I don't like playing woodsball at mansion unless it's like our little group who knows what they are actually doing haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octagonalized View Post
I love refs sometimes. Some aren't aware of the rules at my field, because they have never played before. (Recreational, not FA, I'm in AZ)
Edit: FA is another field.
I think all refs need to have playing experience. Having a ref that has never played before just doesn't make sense to me.
Quote:
Yea, or I just love it when rec players will shoot as me (as a ref) when I'm reffing when we have yellow caution tape lines marking the boundaries, which I am outside of, in a yellow and black striped shirt that says ref on it, and without a gun in my hand, and they just continually shoot at me when I'm yelling and waving at them saying that I'm the referee, and then I'm forced to take their gun or pull them out of the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octagonalized View Post
Nail stuck on my hand in rec.
Ouchhhhh
Old 02-25-2013, 09:09 PM #41
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
Worst situation for me: Going to surrender a young kid I was on the opposite side of the bunker he was in. I knew he was there, he did not know I was there. I went over the top to surrender him thinking I'd be nice because he was like 10 and obviously new and he whipped his gun up and hit me in the face with it while wildly shooting. He came very close to shooting me under my mask and also managed to flip my mask partly off with his barrel. I'm really surprised I didn't lose any teeth or eyes.

I've decided everyone from now on is getting bunkered.

Worst thing I saw a ref had to deal with was an annoying 12 year old kid in head-to-toe Dye C12 gear with a DM12 and all that walk out the back of a field at the start of the game, crawl under the net, walk all the way around the parking lot, and crawl back under the net on the opposing team's side where he promptly shot them all in the back. They kicked him out but because of his stupidity the owner had a real fun time trying to calm down the large group on the other team who was not very happy about the shenanigans. I think they all left. Was like 10 people.

Last edited by SKI008 : 02-25-2013 at 09:12 PM.
SKI008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:26 PM #42
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Dark Side is attending Decay of Nations VI
Dark Side is attending Decay of Nations VII
Watching a guy break his knee cap sliding into a bunker during my first tourney. He had to be carted away in an ambulance.

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Dust Black ShockTech AutoCocker snatch grip
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote