Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 08:49 AM #1975
Mr. Stealthy

Thanks dudes. Lots of adjustability here with the flow adjusters and the different rammers.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2013, 09:02 AM #1976
SilentBall55

Woke up today and suddenly I liked the AT pipe thing. Don't know why, but it seemed OK now.

I am sure Jack probably looked at it day after day, until he got use to it.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 03-03-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:08 AM #1977
Ravenstylea2

Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
In case anyone doesn't already know the ego is now 3 decibels lower when shooting than the geo 3.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:18 AM #1978
Red Eye
Custom Knife Maker

has been a member for 10 years
While I'm not overly impressed with the efficiency numbers from that Greenspan video, I'm not disappointed either. 2 things seem clearly evident with this new Ego. One...it looks smooth as butter shooting. As smooth as ANY poppet currently available. Two.....it has, dare I say, a pleasing sound to it. Both are features all players love, and I wondered for years if I would be able to see/hear such from an Ego. I absolutely can not wait to get one of these guns in my hands to take for a spin.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:21 AM #1979
itzpookiie

itzpookiie is playing at Living Legends VI
itzpookiie owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
itzpookiie supports DLX Technology
That sweeeet sound
I want one now
Old 03-03-2013, 10:42 AM #1980
Jawz1996

Jawz1996 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekbull View Post
What do bent frames have to do with the LV1???! Come on guys quit trashing the thread with a ton of off topic posts.

BTW if you did bend your frame instead of trashing PE over it you should send them a thank you letter for the broken wrist they saved you. There's a reason the frames were designed like that and it was for protection. If you screw up a dive that bad something bad is going to happen and the small expense of a replacement frame is a fraction of the price you'd spend on medical bills. Now how about we get back on topic!
TO be honest, I think the concern for it was that if you keep the grip through air, and end up taking a bad dive how badly would you get hurt? I don't know how it escalated to the point where people are calling other people trolls and haters for not liking P.E when everyone is entitled to an opinion and people who reject that fact are either retarded, or too insecure to admit that their brand of choice has some issues. I for on am not a fan of bending safety frames but that's because here in Canada instead of paying $200 for a bent frame I would rather break my wrist as it's free for me to recover.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:55 AM #1981
b15cu1t

b15cu1t owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
posted on another forum by wildwayz a friend of mine

Today I took part in the UK's Northern Leg of the UWL, and Jack and the PE lads were there playing.

Right, bit of background. I have been playing paintball since 2004-2007, then left and came back November 2011. I am someone who doesnt fall in love with their markers and have been through owning... Mini, Creed, GEO2.1, CloneVX, Empire Sniper, Demon (2013 internals), Creed (again), EGO11+DART, Axe LTD PDD and Alien Invasion 2012 (both used and 2nd hand).
So I have touched almost every high end marker out there other than the DLX kind...

Anyway, Jack (who I never met before) was true to his word on the other post, let me have a look at the LV1. It feels balanced, tiny bit longer feeling than the EGO11, but it is better than I expected in the flesh (or metal). What I didn't expect was that he said that I could go out and play a game or two with it.

So off I went, played a game and went from the start gate, jumped a ditched and lost my footing and did a pretty awesome roll, making sure to remember my tourny days and go 'palms up' - so I protected the LV1.. and learnt that those shotgun-proof GI Pods can handle a 21stone guy rolling over them!

Anyway back to the LV1. I HATE poppets but I love the LV1. It is quieter than the EGO11 with DART. It is smoother than an Ego11 with DART. It actually, to me, felt more like a spool valve marker. No joke there. I was very impressed.
The guys had it set up to shoot around 265fps (limit is 280fps) and it just felt great.

Anyone who moans about the rubber foregrip - jesus, every marker i've owned i've put an Exalt grip on it - so this to me, is a bonus!
The air passage tube does NOT get in the way. There is no way you'll break this in game - not unless you somehow fall on a fence.
It also feels natural with your palm resting gently against it for support.

When I gave it back to Jack, he then spent some time to show me how to strip it down and explain what each bit does. I cannot tell you how easy it is to strip this marker down WITH NO TOOLS.

Am I sold on the LV1? YES. Did I want to get one before I saw it? No. How about now? YES!!
Shame I cannot afford it :/

PS - could have got it for free but I am honest
(Guys, don't leave your shiney marker at the far end of the woods all alone when you've all gone back to base to re-pod up )
I think Jack was a little shocked at how honest I was and that it could have easily have gone missing!

Anyway, thank you again Jack for letting me try out the LV1 and taking the time to talk to me. Some day i'll hopefully own one!
Old 03-03-2013, 12:02 PM #1982
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbed989 View Post
I found it funny that near the end it said how loading the paint was louder then the gun. Pretty sure that was just the camera adjusting the mic because if you notice when he talks right after shooting its really quite but if he takes a second to talk more his voice gets louder.
Yeah the mic changes sensitivity but lubens vid was pretty good. His also showed how accurate it was. That grouping was tight unlike most egos.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Old 03-03-2013, 12:06 PM #1983
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Awwwwwwww biscuit you said I was your friend

Markers: Bob Long Insight, MVP, 2012 G6R and VCOM

Clubs: Marq Clan | Insight Owners Group
Old 03-03-2013, 12:09 PM #1984
treeflip7
p-to-da-ushaaa

treeflip7 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm_Addicted View Post
that's awesome
Old 03-03-2013, 12:46 PM #1985
cmhary369

Can we see some from across the pond like icon
Old 03-03-2013, 12:50 PM #1986
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eye View Post
While I'm not overly impressed with the efficiency numbers from that Greenspan video, I'm not disappointed either. 2 things seem clearly evident with this new Ego. One...it looks smooth as butter shooting. As smooth as ANY poppet currently available. Two.....it has, dare I say, a pleasing sound to it. Both are features all players love, and I wondered for years if I would be able to see/hear such from an Ego. I absolutely can not wait to get one of these guns in my hands to take for a spin.
How many shots did he get? And with what size tank?
Old 03-03-2013, 12:53 PM #1987
itzpookiie

itzpookiie is playing at Living Legends VI
itzpookiie owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
itzpookiie supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
How many shots did he get? And with what size tank?
i think about 1400 with 70/45 tank stock settings
Old 03-03-2013, 12:55 PM #1988
b15cu1t

b15cu1t owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWayz View Post
Awwwwwwww biscuit you said I was your friend
wild wayz don`t get too mushy i will still shoot the crap out of you on field
Old 03-03-2013, 01:04 PM #1989
gpaintballgirl19

gpaintballgirl19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
wonder how many shots it will get with a 50ci/4500psi
Old 03-03-2013, 01:13 PM #1990
Skibba

Skibba is playing at Living Legends VII
Skibba owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Skibba is an NCPA player
Skibba plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpaintballgirl19 View Post
wonder how many shots it will get with a 50ci/4500psi
I would guess about half a case. Figure 20 rounds/cubic inch (1400/70) * 50 ci = ~1000. Could be off though.

Team Akkadian Paintball Team
Proudly Sponsored by Midwest Custom Paintball, La Crosse, WI
http://www.midwestcustompaintball.com/

Need any 3-D CAD work done? Send me a PM!

UW-Platteville Paintball Club; Alumni/2013 Nationals Coach
2013 NCPA National AND Season Champions

Originally posted by neftaly: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Old 03-03-2013, 01:44 PM #1991
filip_gd

I just had PE tech class with new ego. I must say that it looks great.
Awesome new stuff inside, almost everything redesigned.
Grip of marker is quite easy, new frame gives you some special shape to grip but in my opinion it's comfortable, think its better than in old egos.
New rammer, bolt, inline lpr... It has never been so many changes in egos.
Didn't have chance to fire it but seems that sound signature is more like geo than tippman 98
Hope to buy one soon, will se how expensive it will be.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:06 PM #1992
gpaintballgirl19

gpaintballgirl19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibba View Post
I would guess about half a case. Figure 20 rounds/cubic inch (1400/70) * 50 ci = ~1000. Could be off though.
sweet cus thats the tank i got
Old 03-03-2013, 02:44 PM #1993
PandasEverywhere

I am so confused as to what to save my money for...
Old 03-03-2013, 02:54 PM #1994
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic is BST Legit
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
Added this to the first post-

Many More Photos with Parts Diagram as well!

Old 03-03-2013, 03:08 PM #1995
hanifan85
greenleaf85

hanifan85 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
hanifan85 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
hanifan85 supports DLX Technology
hanifan85 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
dam that is sexy as hell! that's the scheme I will be getting or the poison midnight swap!

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.