Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 01:01 AM #1303
ewok11

ewok11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ewok11 is for the Gunfight
ewok11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvecchio View Post
I think we'repreferthe arguing separate points here.

In the G6R, the low pressure valve that is available gives a softer shot, but at the expense of efficiency yes? In the case of the SL egos that come with 2 valves, high efficiency (pressure), and soft shot (low pressure more volume).

Let me be MORE specific. Given gun, given velocity, given tank size/pressure...higher volume/lower pressure = less efficient. Lower volume/higher pressure = more efficient. That's the black and white I'm referring to.
I can agree to that in some facets. I was arguing to the fact that you said more volume equals less efficiency in all cases of paintball which is not true. oh well.

nonetheless, one thing we can agree on is that this macroline is fugly. hopefully it performs betterthan it looks.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 AM #1304
Homelessballerz
Will work 4 paintballs

Homelessballerz supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok11 View Post
I can agree to that in some facets. I was arguing to the fact that you said more volume equals less efficiency in all cases of paintball which is not true. oh well.

nonetheless, one thing we can agree on is that this macroline is fugly. hopefully it performs betterthan it looks.
agree on fugly macro
Old 02-27-2013, 01:57 AM #1305
trucockerfan19
Aim High

has been a member for 10 years
After seeing the blueprint, I'm confident you will be able to run it with a standard macro set up. (Also heard some1 say a pe rep said this)
If this is true than I applaud it.

feedback-
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=751045

Bored? Check out my youtube channel!
http://m.youtube.com/user/mikemarion19?feature=guide
Old 02-27-2013, 02:17 AM #1306
mrspeeddemon

mrspeeddemon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mrspeeddemon supports Team VICIOUS
mrspeeddemon has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
mrspeeddemon supports Empire

there I fixed it!

Si vis pacem, para bellum
, if you want peace, prepare for war
Old 02-27-2013, 02:30 AM #1307
randomdean100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvecchio View Post
I understand both of these responses but for a given gun/paint/barrel combo, it's pretty simple. Less volume at higher pressure or higher volume at lower pressure. More efficient or smoother shot respectively.
No, because valve timing, dwell, reg recharge rates, and all of that jazz go into making it efficient as well. Factor everything but the air out of the equation and both will have the same amount of energy, and use the same amount of air to transfer that energy, just doing it in slightly different ways. One is a hard, short shove, while the other is a gentler, but longer, push. They both get the ball up to 300fps using the same amount of air.

You think that higher pressure means less air and that lower pressure means more air, it doesn't. A higher pressure, but shorter burst, of air will have the same mass as a lower pressure, longer burst of air given that the ratios of pressure vs volume are kept steady for both groups. Max efficiency is about getting the pressures right for the guns specific operation and keeping them in spec with how the gun operates, for some guns less pressure equates to an increase in efficiency, while other higher pressure equates to an increase in efficiency.
PBN modsquad - lols for brains

Purdue jersey and more F/S
Old 02-27-2013, 03:22 AM #1308
jchancey

Eww
Old 02-27-2013, 03:59 AM #1309
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
If it is as smooth as a spoolie but as efficient as a poppet, then i'll learn to love her

Can't wait to try it this Sunday!

Clubs: Marq Clan | Insight Owners Group
Old 02-27-2013, 04:30 AM #1310
mr Rockwell

mr Rockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeeddemon View Post

there I fixed it!
And you did a fine job!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:38 AM #1311
Metal Moose
M-M-M-Monster Kill!!!

Metal Moose has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeeddemon View Post
there I fixed it!

I honestly expected a bit more from PE, but who knows how the shot makes up for the looks?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:16 AM #1312
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Efficiency is quite a bit more complicated than just volume and operating pressure, or we'd all be getting 2500 shots per fill without trying.

Also, I'm pretty sure the OP is lower than past egos.
Correct. Significantly lower LPR and HPR pressure. HPR pressure is actually lower than most spool valve guns.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:20 AM #1313
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
Correct. Significantly lower LPR and HPR pressure. HPR pressure is actually lower than most spool valve guns.
So in terms of comparison between the EGO11 and this, is the efficiency about the same?
I know i'll get to see and sample it this sunday, but my only problem with the EGO11, was the sound and kick, even with DART kit and dialed down solenoid settings it was still kicking hard :/
If the LV1 can offer spool valve feel with poppet efficiency, then I am sold.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:20 AM #1314
Shootingropes
PewPew, Pew, 'Murica

Annual Supporting Member
Shootingropes plays in the PSP
Shootingropes is an NCPA player
Shootingropes supports Empire
Whats the weight on it? Or at least compared to the Ego11..

Also, will the OP be lower than a G6r?

For Sale: Project Geo
Old 02-27-2013, 05:38 AM #1315
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by trucockerfan19 View Post
After seeing the blueprint, I'm confident you will be able to run it with a standard macro set up. (Also heard some1 say a pe rep said this)
If this is true than I applaud it.
We did indeed prototype both a full macroline system and the AT version you see on the finished gun.

We, ourselves, were not 100% convinced that the AT pipe would work based just off the drawings and solid modelling.

So we built both.

Once we had both versions in our hands it was a very easy and unanimous decision to go with the AT pipe. Over the coming days there will be more testimonials from people that have held and shot the gun (some for many many months) that will tell you that the pipe in no way hinders you during play. Obviously it's going to take more than that to convince some people, but that is the nature of change. We just hope that as the gun rolls out and more units get out there in the hands of the players that people will see that it is a real and viable solution with very few drawbacks.

Finally, there is the ability to convert the LV1 to a full macroline system. It is as straightforward as replacing the AT POPS and the reg swivel. Though, once you have tried the AT system I cannot for the life of me see why you would want to revert to that. But the option is there.

Jack
Old 02-27-2013, 05:40 AM #1316
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootingropes View Post
Whats the weight on it? Or at least compared to the Ego11..

Also, will the OP be lower than a G6r?
No idea. I don't know what the OP of one of those it.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:40 AM #1317
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWayz View Post
So in terms of comparison between the EGO11 and this, is the efficiency about the same?
I know i'll get to see and sample it this sunday, but my only problem with the EGO11, was the sound and kick, even with DART kit and dialed down solenoid settings it was still kicking hard :/
If the LV1 can offer spool valve feel with poppet efficiency, then I am sold.
I think Lurker already answered that.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:44 AM #1318
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I think Lurker already answered that.
Probably missed it in the 1300+ posts

Anyway, going to start being positive about changes. I realise that going "omg what the heck is that?!" isn't productive.
If it works better, then that is what matters.
Can't wait to see it, hold it and maybe even borrow it to shoot you guys on Sunday

Could the LV1 be the marker I use in 2013? I am always 1 marker away from my ideal marker...

Old 02-27-2013, 05:45 AM #1319
Shootingropes
PewPew, Pew, 'Murica

Annual Supporting Member
Shootingropes plays in the PSP
Shootingropes is an NCPA player
Shootingropes supports Empire
Quote:
We did indeed prototype both a full macroline system and the AT version you see on the finished gun.

We, ourselves, were not 100% convinced that the AT pipe would work based just off the drawings and solid modelling.

So we built both.

Once we had both versions in our hands it was a very easy and unanimous decision to go with the AT pipe. Over the coming days there will be more testimonials from people that have held and shot the gun (some for many many months) that will tell you that the pipe in no way hinders you during play. Obviously it's going to take more than that to convince some people, but that is the nature of change. We just hope that as the gun rolls out and more units get out there in the hands of the players that people will see that it is a real and viable solution with very few drawbacks.

Finally, there is the ability to convert the LV1 to a full macroline system. It is as straightforward as replacing the AT POPS and the reg swivel. Though, once you have tried the AT system I cannot for the life of me see why you would want to revert to that. But the option is there.

Jack
This made my opinion completely change. If the gun is capable of running a macroline system, I wouldn't mind owning one. I suppose you're right saying we can't shoot the AT Pipe idea down until we try it, but it just looks half-thought through, ad doesn't incorporate into the design at all.

The bone stock operating pressure of a G6r, give or take ~10 psi is 180 HP, 75 LP.

For Sale: Project Geo
Old 02-27-2013, 05:58 AM #1320
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootingropes View Post
The bone stock operating pressure of a G6r, give or take ~10 psi is 180 HP, 75 LP.
Yes then. A LOT lower HPR pressure and very similar LPR pressure.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:59 AM #1321
hateyou
Why do you wanna?????

hateyou plays in the PSP
hateyou plays in the APPA D4 division
I talked to Jacko at the event. He explained the operating premise behind the lv1. Pretty amazing really. The little lever is all the difference in the world.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:00 AM #1322
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Yes then. A LOT lower HPR pressure and very similar LPR pressure.
Hold up... you're saying the LV1 has a lot lower HPR than the G6R and about the same for the LPR?!

If so - I think you just changed the game.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:02 AM #1323
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWayz View Post
Hold up... you're saying the LV1 has a lot lower HPR than the G6R and about the same for the LPR?!

If so - I think you just changed the game.
I'm pretty sure that's what I just said

And I don't just mean 10 or 20psi lower either
Closed Thread

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.