PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-24-2013, 08:02 PM #1
autocockerfreak227

autocockerfreak227 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Unhappy Did the refs make a good call?

Hey nation,
I was at my local field today and the refs made a very weird decision. So in a previous game a few rental kids were shooting 350 and the limit on our field was 285. So the refs got together and decided to make everyone chrono. So im thinking ok ill make sure my gun was not shooting hot. ( I have a 2010 slg) So we get in the chrono and there is at least 150 people there. I was one of the first in line so I went up to the ref and i was shooting all over the place that day so my shots were 271 290 293 and the ref said i could not play the rest of the day. The refs kicked out at least 35 rentals and about 25 wreck ballers including me. Note They would not let us adjust velocity they just kicked us out.

I was wondering if this was fair or not? thanks this was also the first time i have ever been kicked out anywhere in paintball.
autocockerfreak227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2013, 08:04 PM #2
-Lightning-
Be the thunder

-Lightning- is playing at Living Legends VI
-Lightning- has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- supports DLX Technology
For some reason I do not believe this. If its true, you should've got a refund.
-Lightning- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:07 PM #3
autocockerfreak227

you should i got kicked out today at 2 i missed two full wreck games at paintball charleston honest to god i would not lie about this im really pissed off
Old 02-24-2013, 08:08 PM #4
scroadkill
still pump'n - go figure

brain off his meds
Old 02-24-2013, 08:10 PM #5
-Lightning-
Be the thunder

-Lightning- is playing at Living Legends VI
-Lightning- has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- supports DLX Technology
If the rental guns are shooting hot its the fields fault. I don't believe this 1 bit.
-Lightning- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:14 PM #6
autocockerfreak227

I am telling the truth the refs were standing at the chrono and they let you shoot three or 4 shots and if some were over you could not play the rest of the day
Old 02-24-2013, 08:16 PM #7
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
As much as it sucks, any owner can kick someone out if the want.

I'd hope that everyone chronos before they step on a field. I've been shot at 320 fps and it breaks skin. Especially getting hit in the fingers.

I chrono 10 fps UNDER field requirements. No one wants to get shot hot.
Christian P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:22 PM #8
autocockerfreak227

i know and that is true but dont you think the refs should have chrono'd all of the rental guns down and supervised the non rentals chrono there guns down. And my slg was weird all day. Because after i was shocked with this i went back to the chrono and my gun shot 280 281 280 and only went up to 285 so i was really bummed out. I dont think that this was right but thats my opinion. I am not lying what i just said happened today at paintball charleston
Old 02-24-2013, 08:25 PM #9
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
Sorry that does suck. I never got kicked out but it's not fair they wouldn't let you adjust since your under 300 fps.
Christian P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:55 PM #10
Kbug
O.M.G.

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug supports Team VICIOUS
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
That was bull crap. I would've been extremely pissed if I got kicked out for that. Did you get a refund? And that would be the last time I ever went back to that field.

Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:05 PM #11
autocockerfreak227

i was pissed and no i did not get a refund the other problem is that paintball Charleston owns like 25 acres and is the best and only true wreck field in the area plus their the only ones that host 24 hour senarios two times a year. There really isn't another option for wreck ball and they set up speed ball every second Sunday so i cant switch fields so im stuck
Old 02-24-2013, 09:10 PM #12
Kbug
O.M.G.

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug supports Team VICIOUS
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
Ouch, you could always send a letter to the owner explaining your anger

Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:28 PM #13
Wheeldogg
Sam

Wheeldogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wheeldogg has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wheeldogg has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wheeldogg has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
or talk to them here http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2936663

Recball Videos (add yours today!)
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3927913
Wheeldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:10 AM #14
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocockerfreak227 View Post
i was pissed and no i did not get a refund the other problem is that paintball Charleston owns like 25 acres and is the best and only true wreck field in the area plus their the only ones that host 24 hour senarios two times a year. There really isn't another option for wreck ball and they set up speed ball every second Sunday so i cant switch fields so im stuck
A few points to consider:

1: I've been going to PBC off and on for the last 3 years give or take a month. Depending on what is going on PBC can be the most screwed up field I have ever seen (and I have played a lot). Saturdays are absolutely horrible to play on. Far too many people running around on cramped fields and the refs have shown how very little they know of the game. The man behind the counter (Geoff Call), can answer any question you need and is incredibly helpful.

2: It's RECBALL (as in recreation) not wreck ball.

3: The speed field is only one of what, 6 fields they have??? Just because GLK is playing Speed doesn't mean that you can't play the trenches.

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Dust Black ShockTech AutoCocker snatch grip
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:09 AM #15
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Shooting hot by 10 fps or so is easily attributed to reg creep or other natural, non-player factors that can bump up the fps slightly over time. The refs should have known this. I can see if someone was breaking 300 fps, then kicking them out of the field is fine because it's clearly player error. Less than 300 though and it can be the fault of the marker.
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:14 AM #16
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyvanth View Post
Shooting hot by 10 fps or so is easily attributed to reg creep or other natural, non-player factors that can bump up the fps slightly over time. The refs should have known this. I can see if someone was breaking 300 fps, then kicking them out of the field is fine because it's clearly player error. Less than 300 though and it can be the fault of the marker.
Truth, but the refs there aren't known for making great decisions.

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 AM #17
FOOPAgfp
Team FOOPA on the loose

FOOPAgfp supports Empire
Quote:
My thoughts exactly, reg creep, using different paint, the weather...I rarely chrono the exact same in the afternoon as I do in the morning.
Halo b v35 w/rip drive
Freak kit, crossfire 70/45
'04 Pro stock, blue,14" j&j ceramic
Eggy2
FOOPAgfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:57 AM #18
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
I remember a guy tried to use reg creep as an excuse for shooting 365 fps in a tourney, with alan wrenches in his pocket. I was like hmm don't think a gun reg creeps 100 fps lol. But yea, the rental players getting kicked out is crap, because it's the field's fault if there guns aren't chronoed properly. I have never kicked anyone out that has chronoed at 293 or anything like that.
dps093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:06 PM #19
autocockerfreak227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
A few points to consider:

1: I've been going to PBC off and on for the last 3 years give or take a month. Depending on what is going on PBC can be the most screwed up field I have ever seen (and I have played a lot). Saturdays are absolutely horrible to play on. Far too many people running around on cramped fields and the refs have shown how very little they know of the game. The man behind the counter (Geoff Call), can answer any question you need and is incredibly helpful.

2: It's RECBALL (as in recreation) not wreck ball.

3: The speed field is only one of what, 6 fields they have??? Just because GLK is playing Speed doesn't mean that you can't play the trenches.
Sorry I did not spell reck correctly but there have been renovations done to the village and trenches and Omaha so things have gotten better. As well there speedball now is in great shape. The fields are Typically speedball Omaha trenches TP's cross roads fort brain castle village field one field three fort marvel and border crossing and there are some only used in scenarios (I might have missed some) and i play Sundays surprisingly a lot of people came. As well if there is a lot of people if there are good refs they will combine places like tp and trenches so there is more cover. I like Geoff and Kirby fixed my cocker last year there both great. I think Jamie was leading reckball this time and I like most staff but not him and a few volunteers of and on.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:00 PM #20
MATTSDAD

MATTSDAD owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Umm... Again, it's RECBALL, not wreckball or reckball.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:16 PM #21
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocockerfreak227 View Post
Sorry I did not spell reck correctly but there have been renovations done to the village and trenches and Omaha so things have gotten better. As well there speedball now is in great shape. The fields are Typically speedball Omaha trenches TP's cross roads fort brain castle village field one field three fort marvel and border crossing and there are some only used in scenarios (I might have missed some) and i play Sundays surprisingly a lot of people came. As well if there is a lot of people if there are good refs they will combine places like tp and trenches so there is more cover. I like Geoff and Kirby fixed my cocker last year there both great. I think Jamie was leading reckball this time and I like most staff but not him and a few volunteers of and on.
Fourth point: Punctuation and grammar are your friends. People will take you far more seriously and generally be more helpful if you can illicit a proper question/response.

I know what the fields are. I know how badly setup they are from the moment I walked through the place. As I said, I have been going to PBC for about 3 years now. I know exactly who to speak to if I want something and what refs to stay away from; not by name but by asinine calls made.

07/08 Ego Vici Board