Originally Posted by dhagner128
I recently got a G6R that came with a 50/4500 slp ninja tank and wanted to switch the reg onto my 68/4500 Hk tank. Is this possible and if so how is it done?
I really don't mean to say this and be taken the wrong way, it is just for your safety....
If you have to ask how to remove the regulator from your bottle and put it on a different bottle, you should really take it to your local pro-shop to do it to ensure nothing gets damaged or any accidents can happen.
If you are adamant about doing it yourself...
1. Ensure all air is out of your bottles by using an alan key to press the pin (never use your fingers!).
2. Ensure ALL AIR IS OUT OF YOUR BOTTLES.
3. If the regulator doesn't screw off by hand (they are torqued at factory), then you'll need a strap wrench to get it off. I had a custom reg removal tool made so I can clamp it down and just turn the bottle.
4. If it still won't come off, then you may need to soak the whole bottle inc regulator in boiling water for 5-10mins to weaken any sealant on it, then strap wrench it again.
5. Once it is off, check the threads are all fine - maybe replace the oring on the bottle side of the reg if it looks damaged NO LUBE OR OIL.
6. Swap bottles and slowly screw the reg back on making sure not to cross thread it. Torque the reg on (you can hand tighten it, if you plan to fly with it - but take care when unscrewing the tank when pressure is low).
It's not hard but it is best to get someone to either show you or do it for you if you don't feel comfortable.
BUT, and I stress this, if you can get someone who is an airsmith to do it for you - I cannot be accountable if you damage your bottle, regs or self/others.