PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-05-2014, 01:56 PM #1
DysfunctionalKid
Wicked Wisco

DysfunctionalKid has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Shocktech on/off asa question

I was about to change an old asa to my newer marker and noticed this screw is pretty badly stripped. Is it worth it to try and remove the stripped screw? and If I did where could I buy a replacement? Thanks.

W I C K E D || W I S C O
DysfunctionalKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:48 AM #2
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
It's a 1/8th NPT grub screw you can get at any hardware store. It's just to block the inlet port so if it's not leaking I would just leave it.
The only reason it's there is because people have a preference on which side their fittings go on so the grub screw is used to block the other port.
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:13 PM #3
DysfunctionalKid
Wicked Wisco

Alright thanks, I knew the purpose of it just couldn't coin the correct term. I'm probably just going to pick up a replacement in case need be I have it on hand. Another question I have completely unrelated is about my MacDev Carbon Fiber 68/4500. I recently got it rehydro tested and it passed but after airing it up the fill nipple leaked so I purchased a new one and when I put it on I didn't put a towel around it when tightening and ending up getting these scratches. Are they harmful to the reg/tank at all? And I have noticed the tank leaks some air when just being stored during the week. Could that be because I didn't use teflon tape on the reg when screwing into on the tank? Any input is helpful.

W I C K E D || W I S C O
Old 04-06-2014, 07:13 PM #4
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Scratches to the reg aren't harmful unless you really went to work on it. As far as the leak stick the reg into a sink full of water and look for bubbles.
If your gauge has a bleed hole on it though, either front, back, or side, put some tape on it so water doesn't leak into your gauge. Get up past the neck of the bottle to ensure it's not leaking there.
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:02 PM #5
DysfunctionalKid
Wicked Wisco

Checked it and it's definitely leaking out of the neck where the reg screws into the tank, there was a constant flow of bubbles and I could still hear it after taking it out of the water. For some reason I think after I got my tank back at my local shop from getting tested (they send them to Ninja) there wasn't an oring on the reg male part. Are there normally? if that's not it would grip tape fix the leak?

W I C K E D || W I S C O
Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM #6
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Mega Moderator
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
Yes, there's supposed to be an o-ring around reg, between the threads and the base of the regulator.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd
FallNAngel is offline   Reply With Quote