Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ plays in the PSP
ScottQ supports Team VICIOUS
*Ask a Guerrilla Air Tech*

This thread is for questions regarding GA products. Our resident Guerrilla Air technician will answer ASAP. Please only serious questions.

"There are two types of people in this world. Those who love Neil Diamond and those who don't."
ScottQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2010, 10:02 AM #2
ScottQ
lefty scissors

Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ plays in the PSP
ScottQ supports Team VICIOUS
rsrved

"There are two types of people in this world. Those who love Neil Diamond and those who don't."
ScottQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:45 AM #3
KMAC1178
You're HIT!!

Can you briefly tell me how to remove the Myth Regulator; I am changing out parts to make it HP, however, I am unsure as the the removal of the regulator from the tank.

I am sure I could figure it out, but I would prefer to do it right from step one!
KMAC1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:55 PM #4
krieg17

krieg17 donated to help Peyton Trent
krieg17 is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMAC1178 View Post
Can you briefly tell me how to remove the Myth Regulator; I am changing out parts to make it HP, however, I am unsure as the the removal of the regulator from the tank.

I am sure I could figure it out, but I would prefer to do it right from step one!
Secure Myth reg in vise using wood shims to avoid damaging the anno and body. Use a good strap wrench to spin the bottle loose. GA carbon fiber bottles are not loc-tited, just torqued to allow for travel removal. GA aluminum bottles are loc-tited w/242 blue and require a little more muscle to remove.
krieg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:04 PM #5
KMAC1178
You're HIT!!

Piece of cake, I received the HP kit and was able to get the reg off and the conversion in and reg back on in under 10 minutes.

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:31 PM #6
iPaintYou
..needs a better username

How do I tell if my Guerilla Air 48/45 is HP or LP. I got it in a trade and forgot to ask the guy. I'm just curious. Thanks.
TOXIC RAGE #17
G6R. SL-68 II.
iPaintYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:59 AM #7
FullMetalJester
NU Coach / Gun Tech

has been a member for 10 years
FullMetalJester plays in the PSP
FullMetalJester is an NCPA player
FullMetalJester plays in the APPA D4 division
Is it unusual to have the bonnet on my Myth v1 unscrew itself over time? Seems mine loosened up in the 1+ year I've had it to the point where it blew the o-ring up in my ASA and needed to re-tightened after I drained the tank. Never had any issues with it previously, and never took the bonnet off before needing to re-seat it. Seems to be working fine now.
FullMetalJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:37 PM #8
krieg17

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPaintYou View Post
How do I tell if my Guerilla Air 48/45 is HP or LP. I got it in a trade and forgot to ask the guy. I'm just curious. Thanks.
GA has not yet released the lp kit for the Myth. All 4500 Myths come standard mid pressure output, 650-750 psi., using a gold finish piston spring. There is a HP kit available that is identifiable by an "HP" stamped onto the exposed face of the seat retainer. (The 3/16" hex brass insert in the bottom of the tang that screws into the bottle) and the use of a silver finish piston spring. Your reg is most likely the mid output.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:51 PM #9
krieg17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetalJester View Post
Is it unusual to have the bonnet on my Myth v1 unscrew itself over time? Seems mine loosened up in the 1+ year I've had it to the point where it blew the o-ring up in my ASA and needed to re-tightened after I drained the tank. Never had any issues with it previously, and never took the bonnet off before needing to re-seat it. Seems to be working fine now.
The "bonnet" or flange may become loosened over time as this is the disassembly port for servicing the Myth. Repeated screwing/unscrewing of the reg into an asa may eventually loosen the flange from it's seat which has an o-ring seal. The flange is snug tightened at the factory for easy removal and internal maintenance. Like any repeated use item occasional "resnugging"
of things is needed.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:21 PM #10
KMAC1178
You're HIT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieg17 View Post
GA has not yet released the lp kit for the Myth. All 4500 Myths come standard mid pressure output, 650-750 psi., using a gold finish piston spring. There is a HP kit available that is identifiable by an "HP" stamped onto the exposed face of the seat retainer. (The 3/16" hex brass insert in the bottom of the tang that screws into the bottle) and the use of a silver finish piston spring. Your reg is most likely the mid output.
Actually, they do have a low pressure kit and it is identifiable by a blue spring and lp stamped on the bottom of the seat.

http://www.guerrillaair.com/products.php?page=1
Old 03-25-2010, 12:55 PM #11
larryatguerrillaair (Banned)

larryatguerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larryatguerrillaair is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMAC1178 View Post
Actually, they do have a low pressure kit and it is identifiable by a blue spring and lp stamped on the bottom of the seat.

http://www.guerrillaair.com/products.php?page=1
Clarification. Presently there is no LP kit available from GA. We expect to have one available in the near future. GA at present offers the mid-pressure and high pressure kits only. You may want to check with the GA factory soon for expected availability.
larryatguerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:12 PM #12
KMAC1178
You're HIT!!

Thanks, I just sent a PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:27 PM #13
Exhopek

Exhopek owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Exhopek has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Exhopek supports DLX Technology
What's the difference in length for the old GA bottles to the new ones? I used to have the old ga 68/45 (monkey face with gray background not black). That one was an inch short. I tried ninja and the one i had, had reg problems GA was easier to fix too, so thinking of going back to GA but you guys got new bottles which means new length.

Interested in knowing whats the old bottle length and weight for 68/45 and 70/45. Im looking at a new GA 70/45 with black bottle(specs for this one is in the website).

Regina Regulators
Exhopek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:47 AM #14
Evil Rocky

Annual Supporting Member
Evil Rocky is playing at Living Legends V
Evil Rocky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Evil Rocky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
How do we install the new spring for teh Myth reg to remove the pinging? Do we just drop it in their and screw in the bottom screw?

Thanks

IOG http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4067259

UL BARREL KIT .680,.684,.688 CF TIP FS http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post85556761
Evil Rocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:44 AM #15
bunkerboy303
^^^Bob Long Victory^^^

bunkerboy303 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bunkerboy303 supports Team VICIOUS
bunkerboy303 supports Pev's Paintball
my question is because my myth reg is mid pressure could i use it in a lp victory with no problems? if i can adjust the out put pressure please enlighten me on how i could go about doing this. and if it helps i have the new spring that doesn't ping....
bunkerboy303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:51 PM #16
sections

sections owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
sections supports Bob Gurnsey
Just wondering about changing my myth reg to hp. Is the piston any diffrent in the hp kit or is it just the spring that changes the pressure. Because i was sold a spring and told that was all that needed to be changed. thanks
sections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:11 PM #17
Ghost82289

I currently have a myth reg'd Evil Tank which I got as part of a trade. However I believe that the reg may be damaged or malfuntioning and putting out at far too high of a pressure. This is because over the last two months, I have blown three macro lines and two macro fittings off of my Ego8. Something that never happened with my old tank.

I am looking into purchasing another myth reg to place on the Evil Tank (Luxfur). Was wondering if A) you believe this to be an appropriate solution; and B) if removing the myth from an evil tank is essentialy the same process as you described earlier in this thread regarding GA tanks.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field. It doesn't matter that you failed a test, that you didnt get the girl, or that you got a ticket on the way there. Your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth. Live it. Love it. Play it

Last edited by Ghost82289 : 03-28-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Ghost82289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:53 PM #18
sections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost82289 View Post
I currently have a myth reg'd Evil Tank which I got as part of a trade. However I believe that the reg may be damaged or malfuntioning and putting out at far too high of a pressure. This is because over the last two months, I have blown three macro lines and two macro fittings off of my Ego8. Something that never happened with my old tank.

I am looking into purchasing another myth reg to place on the Evil Tank (Luxfur). Was wondering if A) you believe this to be an appropriate solution; and B) if removing the myth from an evil tank is essentialy the same process as you described earlier in this thread regarding GA tanks.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.
Hey dude ive seen this before the problem was a damaged piston in the reg and a damaged oring. The reg is rebuildable so maybe try pulling it down before replacing it. Might just need an oring kit or piston. Just remember to make sure there is no presure in the tank before you strip it.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:12 PM #19
Ghost82289

Thank you. And removal of the reg is as described above?
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field. It doesn't matter that you failed a test, that you didnt get the girl, or that you got a ticket on the way there. Your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth. Live it. Love it. Play it
Ghost82289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:48 PM #20
sections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost82289 View Post
Thank you. And removal of the reg is as described above?
yeah just as above...
Old 03-29-2010, 11:16 AM #21
larryatguerrillaair (Banned)

larryatguerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larryatguerrillaair is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhopek View Post
What's the difference in length for the old GA bottles to the new ones? I used to have the old ga 68/45 (monkey face with gray background not black). That one was an inch short. I tried ninja and the one i had, had reg problems GA was easier to fix too, so thinking of going back to GA but you guys got new bottles which means new length.

Interested in knowing whats the old bottle length and weight for 68/45 and 70/45. Im looking at a new GA 70/45 with black bottle(specs for this one is in the website).
"Old' 68/4500 grey bottle is 8 5/8in tall. "New" black bottle is 8 1/16in tall. 2.2lb. Grey 70/4500, 9 1/2in tall, Black 9 5/8 in tall. 2.0 lb.
larryatguerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote