PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-21-2013, 06:35 AM #1
deaallen

Low profile clamping feedneck mod for G-1

So I've been pretty bored lately which has got me tinkering with my G-1 again

I've been thinking that the trinity feedneck is just too tall/big, so I started cutting down the bit the feedneck clamps on to so I can stick a threaded feedneck down the hole.

Now with what I've done so far the feedneck would be screwed into plastic threads which I'm worried just wont be strong enough for the feedneck and hopper to hold on to without unscewing or swinging about on the field. What I thought I could do is either have a kind of metal nut the other side of the plastic which would also be cut into the plastic, stopping the feedneck from turning, or having a metal threaded insert which would be forced into the plastic which would have the same effect - the only problem with this is I can't find one big enough or the right thread

Anyway heres how it looks so far, its just screwed it into the plastic, seems pretty strong as it is surprisingly but I might stick some red loctie or superglue down there to at least stop it unscrewing on the field. Most importantly thought, its almost half the lenght of the trinity feedneck - I still don't understand why they make them soo tall

Last edited by deaallen : 02-21-2013 at 06:37 AM.
deaallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2013, 06:01 PM #2
dannyd123
Custom=Sexy

Just epoxy that f'er in.
dannyd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 PM #3
Punisher068

Youre GoG the man!Nice work,do you have JB Weld on that side of the pond?It actually takes threads pretty good
Agreed,why are feednecks so tall!?!Smaller ball stacking=faster loading&fewer jams
lower profile=less target area and balance

I guess then taller feedneck=more $ and mods!
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:23 AM #4
deaallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher068 View Post
Youre GoG the man!Nice work,do you have JB Weld on that side of the pond?It actually takes threads pretty good
Agreed,why are feednecks so tall!?!Smaller ball stacking=faster loading&fewer jams
lower profile=less target area and balance

I guess then taller feedneck=more $ and mods!
Hehe wait until I get my hands on one of those eNMys, bloody things still haven't come out over here but when they do I'm thinking ultra-light pistols for some dual wielding action lol

Yeah we have JB weld, bearing/stud lock was also advised - I'll wait until I get one in black before I do that though (the reds kind of messing up my colour scheme lol) I think it will hold up OK for a while though, it really is stuck in there, its just the twisting I'm worried about

Last edited by deaallen : 02-22-2013 at 07:29 AM.
deaallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:03 AM #5
Punisher068

No enemeys there yet?what a shame,Ive got 2 mech Ions that have Dethwish\Yodas conversion(awesome BTW) or Id have one myself
Reds not my color either,must be a woodsballer
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote