Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-20-2013, 06:42 PM #1
CriticalVelocity

How often should you lube the LPR

Hey guys I got a Marq Victory V2 (T-rex)

I just got done cleaning and I was curious. How often should you clean the LPR??

Is it pretty difficult to do? What should I watch out for when I maintain this part?
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2013, 07:18 PM #2
herk8240
Armed Force #30

The manual says every 6 months/20+ cases or when you lose consistency. It's easy for most and you can watch youtube vids if you need/want to

Last edited by herk8240 : 02-20-2013 at 11:50 PM.
herk8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:19 PM #3
StyngRay2

not difficult at all. its in the manual. be very careful not to lose the 2 ball bearings that are in the lpr adjuster assembly. There is a big one that presses on the dime shim and there is a smaller one further inside the adjuster that pushes on the bigger one. also if you remove the shrader valve from the inside of the lpr housing (you should since you're already in there) it has an oring on it. this oring is NOT in the manual. It is a standard (non-metric) oring, can't remember the size off the top of my head, I have it written down at home if you really need to know....but I want to say its a 006...

also there is a black rubber seal on the shrader valves, it is not replaceable, do not try to remove it or mess with it, just clean it and inspect it. make sure when you replace the LPR piston oring be sure to fill the oring groove with dow 55 before putting the oring on. this grease will act like a "reservoir" of sorts to continuously lube that oring. they make the grooves with a little extra room just for this purpose.

If you decide to further tear it down to replace all the orings since you'll already be 1/2 there with having the frame removed you should know that there are several other orings that are not listed in the manual including:

LPR shrader
HPR piston
ASA to grip frame (wrong size listed)
3 orings inside of asa
2 orings HPR insert (part that HPR screws onto and the sharader screws into)

maybe one more, again, have it written down at home

i contacted the guy that wrote the manual about making a post with all the missing oring sizes but....haven't really followed up with him on it.
StyngRay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:20 PM #4
minimag03

has been a member for 10 years
minimag03 is an NCPA player
How often have you guys had to replace the piston oring? I recently bought a used V1 and was wondering if I should replace the piston orings or leave the broken-in orings in the gun. Also, do the shrader valves ever need to be replaced as part of normal maintenance or only if they malfunction?
Old 02-23-2013, 12:33 PM #5
herk8240
Armed Force #30

If it ain't broke don't fix it and no schrader isn't part of normal maint.
herk8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:17 PM #6
StyngRay2

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
How often have you guys had to replace the piston oring? I recently bought a used V1 and was wondering if I should replace the piston orings or leave the broken-in orings in the gun. Also, do the shrader valves ever need to be replaced as part of normal maintenance or only if they malfunction?
every time you clean your lpr you should replace and relube the oring groove. no need to mess with the shrader unless you want to or if your lpr pressure varies between degas, regas etc.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:39 PM #7
minimag03

has been a member for 10 years
minimag03 is an NCPA player
I was just wondering if the seals wearing down on the shrader valve would cause any loss in performance before causing notiable problems like a varying LPR pressure.

So what about replacing the LPR piston orings? Or both piston orings for that matter? I was thinking about replacing all the important orings in my Victory, but am hesitant because I would basically have to break all those orings back in.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:52 PM #8
StyngRay2

i wouldnt worry so much at all about "breaking orings in"...its overrated...
Old 02-23-2013, 08:09 PM #9
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
They do have a break in period for sure. But if the engine itself is broken in then an o-ring break in doesn't take long at all.
I would see how your used marker performs overall before doing a maintenance on it in terms of an o-ring rebuild.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:10 PM #10
Deweyb411

how long to break in engine?
Deweyb411 is offline   Reply With Quote