Old 02-20-2013, 02:24 PM #1
Olsenb

Olsenb owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Olsenb has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Olsenb has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Olsenb has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Building a Field

Hey everyone,

So I am in the Military. And have been asking about a building a field on base. I want to be able to have all the information that I would need to give them for the field. Was hoping I could get some help from you guys and maybe even some pointers.

1. Building a field:
We will need the netting, telephone poles, bunkers (want to have multiple options but hoping for an air ball field).

What size poles do I need, how big of a field, how much spacing between each pole.

As far as filling up tanks. What options do I have?

Any information you guys have will be helpful. I want to have everything in line so it's difficult for them to say know.

Thank!
Olsenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2013, 08:23 PM #3
Jet
Freedom Isn't Free

has been a member for 10 years
I used to run a paintball field for a CLS class, we implemented it into the last day of CLS to give a simulated feel of transporting and treating casualties under fire. It was a great hit but funding is always a problem.
If you're doing this with the Military than you'll have hurdles to jump through on expenses. If you're doing this through the MWR you have another set of obstacles to deal with getting MWR approval. I'm not sure about having a privately owned field on a base, most large facilities like that are MWR ran.

If you do pull it off it would be a great focal point for joes to blow off steam instead of hanging out at bars.
Remember the Military is extremely safety cautious so you will need to have every single safety measure in place in order to get approval. Netting is a must and it's not cheap.

Setting up a tank filling station isn't difficult, just takes a compressor and a tank with the proper attachments. I believe there's a thread in the sticky that has all the information there.
Don't go with CO2, compressed air is a better and cheaper choice.

As I said before, getting approval will be your biggest hurdle. I don't see it going over easily but I could be wrong.

Good luck.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:25 PM #4
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

WhiteRiverPaintball is playing at Living Legends V
WhiteRiverPaintball posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olsenb View Post
Hey everyone,

So I am in the Military. And have been asking about a building a field on base. I want to be able to have all the information that I would need to give them for the field. Was hoping I could get some help from you guys and maybe even some pointers.

1. Building a field:
We will need the netting, telephone poles, bunkers (want to have multiple options but hoping for an air ball field).

What size poles do I need, how big of a field, how much spacing between each pole.

As far as filling up tanks. What options do I have?

Any information you guys have will be helpful. I want to have everything in line so it's difficult for them to say know.

Thank!
Camp Atterbury in Southern Indiana has a MWR paintball field.

We helped them set it up a few years ago.

You should approach the MWR in-charge on your base and get them on board.
White River Paintball Field is over 100 acres of urban, woodsball and scenario paintball, located in the Indianapolis, Indiana metro area. WRP also features an on-site pro-shop, 10 acre camping area, epic scenario events and over a dozen playing fields including multiple aircraft, two-story towers, multi-acre city, forts, military vehicles, jungle huts, deep woods and more!

Upcoming Scenario Event Schedule:

* Battle for Chicago: Mafia Wars - November 7th, 8th & 9th, 2014 *
Join us on Facebook
WhiteRiverPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote