Annual Supporting Member
UnwantedToasterr owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
UnwantedToasterr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
UnwantedToasterr supports Team VICIOUS
UnwantedToasterr supports DLX Technology
UnwantedToasterr supports Empire
Karnivor questions.

Hey guys im in the market for a karnivor. I have a buy lined up for a working mid block.
What karnivors are worth more?
Educate me. what different versions are there? which are more rare? should i ditch the mid block to get a full black? thanks in advance
UnwantedToasterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2013, 02:58 PM #2
tacxplosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwantedToasterr View Post
What karnivors are worth more?
The ones with an e2 board and an MP4 ram

Quote:
Educate me. what different versions are there?
There's the e1 version with TRV's on the ram and the e2 version with the MP4 ram.

Quote:
which are more rare?
The rarer version is the first run karni with the indexing cut for the front block on the top side of the block, it's not worth more however because of the weaker design; some, myself included, would consider it a con rather than a pro, most people won't even ask/notice.

Quote:
should i ditch the mid block to get a full black? thanks in advance
Only if the body hasn't been ano'd after the cut and the price is the same. If it's not ano'd, but it's under $375 and you don't mind covering the anodizing service then I'd get the midblock. If it's a factory midblock whom someone has electro'd, then by all means get it even if it's in the $450 range. (All of this is assuming that the marker is in perfect electro-mechanical/cosmetic condition)
tacxplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:06 PM #3
UnwantedToasterr
Chicken in the coop!

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacxplosion View Post
The ones with an e2 board and an MP4 ram

There's the e1 version with TRV's on the ram and the e2 version with the MP4 ram.

The rarer version is the first run karni with the indexing cut for the front block on the top side of the block, it's not worth more however because of the weaker design; some, myself included, would consider it a con rather than a pro, most people won't even ask/notice.

Only if the body hasn't been ano'd after the cut and the price is the same. If it's not ano'd, but it's under $375 and you don't mind covering the anodizing service then I'd get the midblock. If it's a factory midblock whom someone has electro'd, then by all means get it even if it's in the $450 range. (All of this is assuming that the marker is in perfect electro-mechanical/cosmetic condition)
I m not sure if its a factory mid block or not, but it is electo'd. its the blue and yellow scheme. im planning on buying it with an empire carbon fiber barrel for 450. is this too much? i really wanna use my money and buy another ego or some **** but im scared that if i dont buy this karni i wont have another opportunity to do so again. everytime ive seen a karni its sold like a hot cake.

EDIT: it was not a factory mid block its been cut. should i just forget it and buy another gun and buy a full block whenever i get the chance?

Last edited by UnwantedToasterr : 02-20-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:35 PM #4
UnwantedToasterr
Chicken in the coop!

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I m not sure if its a factory mid block or not, but it is electo'd. its the blue and yellow scheme. im planning on buying it with an empire carbon fiber barrel for 450. is this too much? i really wanna use my money and buy another ego or some **** but im scared that if i dont buy this karni i wont have another opportunity to do so again. everytime ive seen a karni its sold like a hot cake.

EDIT: it was not a factory mid block its been cut. should i just forget it and buy another gun and buy a full block whenever i get the chance?
also the marker has not been reannod since the cut, im noping the **** out of this buy. thanks for info
Old 02-20-2013, 04:19 PM #5
Durk85
You can't be serious....

Durk85 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Durk85 supports Team VICIOUS
Durk85 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Durk85 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ego's are great guns but nothing gets the attention like a Karni. Personally, Im not really a fan of Karni's that have been blocked but thats just me
Durk85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:30 PM #6
UnwantedToasterr
Chicken in the coop!

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durk85 View Post
Ego's are great guns but nothing gets the attention like a Karni. Personally, Im not really a fan of Karni's that have been blocked but thats just me
i really want a full block, never been a huge fan of mid blocks.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:37 PM #7
Durk85
You can't be serious....

Durk85 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Durk85 supports Team VICIOUS
Durk85 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Durk85 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Also remember resale value. It seems that Karni's are never cheap and can be hard to find. I have no issue findings Ego's and getting them really cheap. Last year I picked up an 08' Ego for $150, so the value doesn't seem to hold.
Durk85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:40 PM #8
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

there were no factory midblocks other than the short run of karni pumps they made...otherwise they're all full bodies.

theres the model which came stock with the mp4 ram and e2 board....these are nice just for the bigger lcd screen...ive seen these go for $500ish.

and the older version which has the ram with trv's on it and an e1 board.

theres a bunch of different color combo's...none of which are worth more than another, some are just a little less common....even the black/yellow "pro edition" isnt anything special. it just came with the full kaner kit when you bought it new. the black/yellow ones are far from rare too so dont let someone try to overprice it.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:15 PM #9
pbkidminion
minion

pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
there were no factory midblocks other than the short run of karni pumps they made...otherwise they're all full bodies.
I thought the Jeff Orr le karnivors were factory midblocked?
-Hell Survivors Mercenary #77-

Sandana Owners Club
pbkidminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:56 PM #10
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

i thought were the ones they just sold as pumps? i dont think they made a JOLE karni electro.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:17 PM #11
tacxplosion

Quote:
i thought were the ones they just sold as pumps? i dont think they made a JOLE karni electro.
That's right, that's why I said if he can find an electro'd JOLE pump (factory midblock) to jump on it. I'm guessing that'd piss the pump people off as much as it pisses me off to see a pump Orracle, 05 Black Magic or Karni
Old 02-23-2013, 09:01 PM #12
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

ahh i see. i didnt know they gave them the "jole" label though...i thought it was more of a "oh look heres some old raw bodies that didnt sell.....lets midblock em and sell them off for a crazy upcharge LOL!" kind of deal.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:03 AM #13
tacxplosion

Quote:
ahh i see. i didnt know they gave them the "jole" label though...i thought it was more of a "oh look heres some old raw bodies that didnt sell.....lets midblock em and sell them off for a crazy upcharge LOL!" kind of deal.
That's pretty much what they did, most if not all are drilled for eyes. I'm guessing it went something like:

- "Hey guys we ran out of boards and pneus, what do we do with the spare bodies frames & regs?"
* "Let's make a new sniper, that way we don't need any of the parts we don't have"
- "But it's 2005, no one's playing pump but the nostalgia market"
+ "Dude, let's use the karni bodies, everyone wants a karni"
> "And make it a midblock, so everyone's like: ZoMG less reciprocating mass; whatever the hell that actually means"
* " There's an idea, and because it's a midblock, we'll call it a JOLE, everyone wants a limited edition marker, they'll sell like hotcakes, can you imagine? a limited edition karni..."

1 month later

< "Now presenting the NEW JOLE Sniper, based on our finest technology ever, the angled foregrip will help you cope with bad technique by artificially making you tuck your elbow in, they're pre-drilled for eyes so you can turn it into what it's supposed to be on your own budget and with the midblock configuration we made the reciprocating mass 3 Oz lighter for a smoother pump stroke; all the while keeping the mid strength mainspring and o'rings on the bolt, with that hard a spring you won't even notice the o'rings on the bolt are there. Oh and while we're at it: here, have a re-annoed non-matching surplus HPR, WE KNOW it doesn't look right, but it works exactly the same as the matching one (which we sadly ran out of) so you'll have to make due, but you know what; it's all worth it because it's a limited edition karni so **** YOU.

PS: Yes, we're that AWESOME...."

And then they got sold to K2, and then JT, and then KEE; which made a new midblock sniper based on what? karni bodies.