PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-20-2013, 01:21 PM #1
Gereima

Gereima has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gereima has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Better to be safe, then sorry! What spares should I have on hand for a '10 Indy

I recently purchased a '10 Indy and I'm in love with it! The gun does have signs of wear but then again all paintball guns should if your truly playing. My question is what spares should I have on hand just in case? I know to grab some spyder detents but what If I want the ones with the little ball and spring? What type is that? What else? Also where could I find a pair of the OEM grips? Probably best to ask Jack?

One other thing, I have the OLED tadao board but the board is so dim I can barely see it. I have raised the setting all the way up to 5. My question is the screen replaceable without replacing the whole board? Is this defect common? Should I order a back up screen?

Thanks for your help!
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2013, 10:36 PM #2
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
If im not mistaken, you can call the shop and get the spring loaded detents. I prefer them over the spyder type.

You dont need spare orings. The only moving orings are the two rammer orings. one on the ram and the other that the ram slides through. size 11 on the rammer and i think size 012 that the ram slides through.

My rammer oring is from 09 (if im not mistaken) and its very broken in, slides EASY yet it still seals. Aliens dont chew through orings, the rammer is sealed.

The board screen can be replaced through tadao. I have the same board in my marq, the screen is really bright, its worth replacing.

Call Jack to get any info you need - 530 344 1155

fiy, your gun is very low maintenance. I would go through the regs and re grease them. Grease the rammer as well. might not hurt to clean the cup seal and poppet. Once you do all that, you wont have to touch anything for a long time. I clean my regs once or twice a season. The rammer should only be greased every once and a while as well.. even then its overkill. Clean the bolt, eyes, detents after you play.. thats it

Like Jack says, messing with things tends to ruin things more than just letting them be.

I hope the guns serves you as well as mine has, mine is irreplaceable. I love it that much.
MacDev Clone GTi
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:55 PM #3
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
It was my old gun call Jack for the grips and springloaded detents, and go on todao's website for a replacement, I recently bought the screen, so shoot them an e-mail explaining the situation. if they decide to charge you send me a PM and I'll find my receipt for the screen and do my best to get it replaced for free.

However what firefox said is pretty much on point.... Again the gun is very low maintenance, Jack mentions most issues are caused by over-maintenance as opposed to lack thereof. greasing the ram once or twice a season or so if you play nearly every weekend should be plenty. and the regs just about the same, maybe less.
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:35 PM #4
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
If you don't want to pay for the spring loaded detents........buy intimidator style detents instead of the spyder ones. The clear spyder ones are a crappy matrial and wear out quickly. The black intimidator style are far more durable.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:07 PM #5
PaintFreak98

PaintFreak98 plays in the PSP
PaintFreak98 is an NCPA player
PaintFreak98 plays in the APPA D4 division
A battery is the only thing I honestly can think of that you should have on hand.

2010 Alien Independence - White/Black/Slime Green

Gearbag Sale! Something for everyone! Guns, Gear, Cloths, Gun Parts, and MORE!

OLD FEEDBACK +16/-0
PaintFreak98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:09 PM #6
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
You have MAN HANDS gun......that thing is rock solid lol. Still it never hurts to have backup orings. Detents. Paint.......lots of paint.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote