PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-19-2013, 08:19 PM #1
Synyster
Fort Adobe Paintball

Job Interview Help (Subway)

Alright so I'm 15 years old applying for my first job, if I get called in for an interview, what questions can I expect a Subway to ask? And how should I dress, etc. Already called some of my friend's parents and my parent's friends to put down as references, so that's done. =P

Please don't troll this, lol. I'm trying to get back into to paintball, my parents no longer help me pay for it at all. =(
Pure Energy 68/45 w/ NXe Cover

Looking to find a job so I can start ballin' again! Would love to get into the major tournament scene!
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2013, 08:21 PM #2
Ryan3773 (Banned)

Aww you poor thing. Your life must be terrible
Ryan3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:22 PM #3
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
itll be easy as hell.
youve already got the job.

/thread

Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:22 PM #4
incobWTF
Skywalkin' like Anakin

#whitegirlproblems
incobWTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:22 PM #5
pflfranco
It's Josh

pflfranco is playing at Living Legends VI
pflfranco supports Team VICIOUS
pflfranco supports Team VICIOUS
pflfranco posts videos on PbNation
pflfranco is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
pflfranco is Legendary
pflfranco supports DLX Technology
http://www.glassdoor.com/Interview/S...ions-E2994.htm
pflfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:26 PM #6
Synyster
Fort Adobe Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflfranco View Post
Thanks for the help, thinking I posted in the wrong section, too many trolls here. -.-

Looking to find a job so I can start ballin' again! Would love to get into the major tournament scene!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:28 PM #7
ALL_CAPS (Banned)

Tell them that you only wash your hands if you get **** on them while wiping, other than that, cleanliness is not your forte.
ALL_CAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:29 PM #8
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Business casual is appropriate.

Slacks, tucked in button-up, loafers, no white socks and clean shaven with a decent haircut. Make sure you iron, brush your teeth and look the interviewer in the eye. Questions can be found easily by searching.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:30 PM #9
Synyster
Fort Adobe Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Business casual is appropriate.

Slacks, tucked in button-up, loafers, no white socks and clean shaven with a decent haircut. Make sure you iron, brush your teeth and look the interviewer in the eye. Questions can be found easily by searching.
Thanks a lot. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL_CAPS View Post
Tell them that you only wash your hands if you get **** on them while wiping, other than that, cleanliness is not your forte.
Dear trolls, take notes, this was actually funny. xD

Old 02-19-2013, 08:32 PM #10
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

This is OP

parkrats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:41 PM #11
Stagger Lee

for being 15 and wanting a job, I had to start working at 15 too. You'll walk away with money, experience, and hopefully good work ethic.

Subway is actually a relatively difficult place to work at first as far as remembering what goes on every sub and being able to make it fast. My friend worked there and almost got fired in the first week because they found out he was accidentally putting extra meat on every sandwich he made. Not that you have to know anything about their subs prior to the interview, but I'd check their menu online and try to learn the subs as best you can. You'll be ahead of the game when you start.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:43 PM #12
Synyster
Fort Adobe Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
for being 15 and wanting a job, I had to start working at 15 too. You'll walk away with money, experience, and hopefully good work ethic.

Subway is actually a relatively difficult place to work at first as far as remembering what goes on every sub and being able to make it fast. My friend worked there and almost got fired in the first week because they found out he was accidentally putting extra meat on every sandwich he made. Not that you have to know anything about their subs prior to the interview, but I'd check their menu online and try to learn the subs as best you can. You'll be ahead of the game when you start.
Yeah I'm glad I finally am old enough to apply at places. =P And thanks for the help, will keep that in mind. =)

Old 02-19-2013, 08:44 PM #13
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
Thanks a lot. =)

Dear trolls, take notes, this was actually funny. xD
Also don't try to BS your way through questions. If you're 15 they're not going to expect much out of you but don't be afraid to say you're unsure but willing to learn. Honesty and humility will get you further in life than I can describe.

Also reading up on Subway is a very good tip.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 02-19-2013, 08:49 PM #14
Synyster
Fort Adobe Paintball

Quote:
Also don't try to BS your way through questions. If you're 15 they're not going to expect much out of you but don't be afraid to say you're unsure but willing to learn. Honesty and humility will get you further in life than I can describe.

Wow thanks. =)

Old 02-19-2013, 08:56 PM #15
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
Wow thanks. =)
Also take those questions to your parents and have them mock interview you. Write down the answers to the questions and reflect. Ask them what kind of nervous ticks you have. Don't chew gum and if you can't figure out what to do with your hands, bring a pad and pencil. You may not write anything but it shows forethought and you can subtly play with the pen or just write everything down. It's seriously better than fidgeting or tapping your fingers obnoxiously. Don't forget the sirs/ma'ams, be polite and be early. Listen and take a deep breath.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:12 PM #16
Big_Dangerous
Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts!

Annual Supporting Member
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post

I was thinking the same thing, especially because now they offer more than just subs, they've got cookies, parfaits, etc.
Big_Dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 PM #17
frankie says chillax
...bro

frankie says chillax plays in the PSP
frankie says chillax plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:

WTB MINTY FRESH MACDEV 07 CYBORGS
frankie says chillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:14 PM #18
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

I don't know about a pen and paper that seems too try hard for subway.

Just make sure you're perceived to be confident and competent so they know you're willing and able to learn what you need to do.

parkrats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:15 PM #19
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkrats View Post
I don't know about a pen and paper that seems too try hard for subway.

Just make sure you're perceived to be confident and competent so they know you're willing and able to learn what you need to do.
Practice for future interviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie says chillax View Post
Old 02-19-2013, 09:17 PM #20
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 supports Team VICIOUS
RBR321 supports DLX Technology
Tell them you're a registered sex offender. Subway is a HUGE advocate of hiring people with serious criminal offenses to help them get back on their feet.
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA
RBR321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:22 PM #21
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Wear a shirt and tie with slacks. Be slightly early 10-15 minutes, but no more. Be polite but be friendly. Your interviewer shouldn't be your friend, but you shouldn't be afraid of him/her either.

Firm handshake. Grip the hand firmly, give two to three firm, up and down shakes, and release. It sounds silly, but they've done studies about handshakes. That's the best for first time meetings.

You're 15, so a lack of experience will be expected. Counter it with a good work ethic and enthusiasm. Don't over sell it, but emphasize that you're a reliable worker and looking for an opportunity to work.