Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-19-2013, 10:46 AM #1
TS4life

Rev i Trigger Help

Been messing with my Rev i trigger after the previous owner had adjusted it to where it had horrible bouncing. No mattter what I do (screw position wise) I can't get it right. I can stop the bouncing but then I can't get it to shoot as fast I pull the trigger on semi (will be delayed while firing and just doesn't want to shoot as fast as I walk it...), even on uncapped.

Also have tried trigger debounce. Any other suggestions? Would really like this to shoot the way it's suppose to.
BL Insight http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4175257
TS4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2013, 10:53 AM #2
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com

Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS4life View Post
Been messing with my Rev i trigger after the previous owner had adjusted it to where it had horrible bouncing. No mattter what I do (screw position wise) I can't get it right. I can stop the bouncing but then I can't get it to shoot as fast I pull the trigger on semi (will be delayed while firing and just doesn't want to shoot as fast as I walk it...), even on uncapped.

Also have tried trigger debounce. Any other suggestions? Would really like this to shoot the way it's suppose to.
reset all the board settings to default

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:18 PM #3
TS4life

Already tried it... It has something to do with the trigger adjustment but can't figure out how to make it good >.<
Old 02-19-2013, 10:55 PM #4
CA_Tectonics

It's a tricky one for sure. There are a few things that can help.

The key is that you need a relatively decent amount of pre-travel and more magnetic attraction. This may make it feel a little more stiff though. The unfortunate thing about the breakaway magnetic system on the Rev-i is that it doesn't do the feather-lite adjustment very well (the mouse-click type trigger pull). When adjusting the setpoints, make sure you have at least double the pre-travel than you do post-travel and that your magnetic adjustment has a little "tightness" to it (<----basically, more magnetic attraction).

Another thing that I did was VERY CAREFULLY bend the microswitch so that it has more of a ( shape to it rather than the stock \ shape. The bow in the bent microswitch seemed to help somewhat. Just be sure to do it carefully and not too extreme because you don't want the end of the switch lever to actually contact the switch box - that would really throw off what is needed to activate the shot. If need be, make the switch lever into sort of an S shape.

Yet another alternative is to get a reflash from APE. This is assuming you have an older Rev-i with an APE board in it. If you haven't already, you should try bumping up the trigger debounce setting on the board. I think I still have mine around 30 or so. However, APE introduced a couple of other filters on the Generation 4 (Gen4) coding. The reflash with the extra debounce filtering seemed to help several that had bouncy triggers.

Another think I have tried is adding a small spring that sits around the magnetic adjustment screw and under the trigger lever end. There isn't much room but if you cut down a detent spring to a few coils, you can get a spring to fit in there.

Lastly, you could look into a different trigger all together (a custom made one) or look for a way to set up the stock trigger with repelling magnetics instead of the breakaway. I really feel that repelling would work MUCH better in the case of the Rev-i.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:13 PM #5
TS4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
It's a tricky one for sure. There are a few things that can help.

The key is that you need a relatively decent amount of pre-travel and more magnetic attraction. This may make it feel a little more stiff though. The unfortunate thing about the breakaway magnetic system on the Rev-i is that it doesn't do the feather-lite adjustment very well (the mouse-click type trigger pull). When adjusting the setpoints, make sure you have at least double the pre-travel than you do post-travel and that your magnetic adjustment has a little "tightness" to it (<----basically, more magnetic attraction).

Another thing that I did was VERY CAREFULLY bend the microswitch so that it has more of a ( shape to it rather than the stock \ shape. The bow in the bent microswitch seemed to help somewhat. Just be sure to do it carefully and not too extreme because you don't want the end of the switch lever to actually contact the switch box - that would really throw off what is needed to activate the shot. If need be, make the switch lever into sort of an S shape.

Yet another alternative is to get a reflash from APE. This is assuming you have an older Rev-i with an APE board in it. If you haven't already, you should try bumping up the trigger debounce setting on the board. I think I still have mine around 30 or so. However, APE introduced a couple of other filters on the Generation 4 (Gen4) coding. The reflash with the extra debounce filtering seemed to help several that had bouncy triggers.

Another think I have tried is adding a small spring that sits around the magnetic adjustment screw and under the trigger lever end. There isn't much room but if you cut down a detent spring to a few coils, you can get a spring to fit in there.

Lastly, you could look into a different trigger all together (a custom made one) or look for a way to set up the stock trigger with repelling magnetics instead of the breakaway. I really feel that repelling would work MUCH better in the case of the Rev-i.
Appreciate the response! Will try these out when I find time. Will report back if fixed
Old 02-19-2013, 11:17 PM #6
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS4life View Post
Appreciate the response! Will try these out when I find time. Will report back if fixed
Yup. Good luch with it.

I haven't been working on it recently but when I get some time, I gotta find a good way to install some repelling magnets on that thing. The trick is finding the right spot to put the magnets. I also just got some delrin so I'm going to mess around making my own trigger for it.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote