PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 12:07 PM #442
FL07
On High Alert

Just hoping I can find someone to spot my bench tomorrow. I get kind of nervous benching solo.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2013, 12:10 PM #443
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
I'm guessing benching in the power rack isn't an option? I know it pisses some people off but that's how I always do it solo at my house.

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Old 02-22-2013, 12:17 PM #444
BenderBR
1%ing on you *****es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
I'm guessing benching in the power rack isn't an option? I know it pisses some people off but that's how I always do it solo at my house.
You always do it solo at your house. Wooooooooooooo

"Originally posted by Kellster: Crow takes so good. Om nom nom."

Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.

Texas über alles.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:17 PM #445
Imnothungry

i hate having to find a decent spotter. nothing is worse than getting some dip**** that doesn't know wtf he is doing and he grabs the damn bar as soon as you slow down.

benching on a power rack wont give you full range of motion. plus the power rack is for squats and **** so **** that shennanagins.

Last edited by Imnothungry : 02-22-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:18 PM #446
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenderBR View Post
You always do it solo at your house. Wooooooooooooo

I actually have a couple of friends that come over to work out fairly regularly. Even then I prefer no spotter.

████████████████████████
Old 02-22-2013, 12:21 PM #447
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnothungry View Post
i hate having to find a decent spotter. nothing is worse than getting some dip<del>****</del> that doesn't know wtf he is doing and will grab the damn bar as soon as you slow down.

benching on a power rack wont give you full range of motion. plus the power rack is for squats and <del>****</del> so <del>****</del> that shennanagins.
You can get the safety bars practically on your chest or below it.. Just gives you a way to bail out if need be.

████████████████████████
Old 02-22-2013, 12:22 PM #448
FL07
On High Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder
I've tried it before, but it just feels weird. Like hungry said, you can't get full rom and usually the power rack pins are at a sharper angle so the lift off is tougher.

Also 1000% with you, hungry, I ****ing hate when people grab the bar at the slightest evidence of struggle. Of course I'm struggling, it's hard, that's the point. Don't touch it until i ask, please.

Also some people are afraid to spot heavier weights because they don't think they can lift it. Like the whole point is just for you to give a little help of needed, not do clean and jerks.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:29 PM #449
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yesterday I watched some old guy spotting a kid benching like 245, and the old guy is trying to push him and tell him to rep out one more a few times. The kid finally fails and then the old guy can't even lift the bar off the kids chest, so I had to run over and do it. The guy looks super embarrassed and starts talking about how he was helping his wife chop wood so he was tired or some bull****. People just go full retard at the gym. If you can't lift the weight, don't make the guy go until complete failure.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:33 PM #450
FL07
On High Alert

****ing idiots. Usually I go the same time every week so I see some people in there regularly and I try to find someone that knows what they are doing, but last time like every person in the gym was on the treadmill.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:35 PM #451
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
Outside of time limited situation where I'll do sprints I hate indoor cardio. Get off the treadmill and go run outside. Get some sunshine. It's no wonder 75% of our country is Vitamin D deficient.

████████████████████████
Old 02-22-2013, 12:53 PM #452
Imnothungry

i was laying on a bench doing tricep extensions when i was still at school. some professor and his kid where dicking around behind me and kicked the bar with 2x 35's off the rack onto me. i was able to block most of it with my forarm but i still got jacked in the face. honestly i am lucky i only got bruised up and not broken my arm/face.

i was pretty pissed and cussed him out and stuff. he kept calling my house to make sure i was alright for the next week, i guess he didn't want a lawsuit or something. its a ****ing gym not a playground ffs.

edit: i take vitamin D sups since its usually dark when i leave for work and dark when i get home. ill get a bunch of sun in the summer, though
Old 02-22-2013, 12:54 PM #453
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
Outside of time limited situation where I'll do sprints I hate indoor cardio. Get off the treadmill and go run outside. Get some sunshine. It's no wonder 75% of our country is Vitamin D deficient.
Treadmills are bad for your joints so people shouldn't run on them to begin with.

I've also found the gym at work to be awesome simply because I am usually the only person in it.
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 02-22-2013, 12:57 PM #454
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Yeah you can always tell who has no idea what they're doing in the gym because they have no concept of personal space. My gym at home has no dead platform and the power rack has dumbbell racks next to it so you can't deadlift in there either. I just find some floor space and pull there, but there's always some jackass that thinks it's ok to walk 6 inches in front of my face when I'm starting my lift.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:07 PM #455
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnothungry View Post
i was laying on a bench doing tricep extensions when i was still at school. some professor and his kid where dicking around behind me and kicked the bar with 2x 35's off the rack onto me. i was able to block most of it with my forarm but i still got jacked in the face. honestly i am lucky i only got bruised up and not broken my arm/face.

i was pretty pissed and cussed him out and stuff. he kept calling my house to make sure i was alright for the next week, i guess he didn't want a lawsuit or something. its a <del>****</del>ing gym not a playground ffs.

edit: i take vitamin D sups since its usually dark when i leave for work and dark when i get home. ill get a bunch of sun in the summer, though
Hopefully your D supp doesn't have 9% of it's dose.

Quote:
In a new study by Kaiser Permanente, researchers performed an independent analysis of several over-the-counter vitamin D supplements, and the results were startling: vitamin content varied from as low as 9 percent to as high as 146 percent of the amount of vitamin D listed on the bottle.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...osage-warning/

████████████████████████
Old 02-22-2013, 01:25 PM #456
Imnothungry

Quote:
Hopefully your D supp doesn't have 9% of it's dose.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...osage-warning/
i got it from my doctor and honestly i have no idea what the dosage is. im sure its fine
Old 02-22-2013, 01:38 PM #457
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

SHOOT3R USA is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Yall make it so no one new wants to go the gym.

We don't know what the **** we're doing. Dont act all elitist and make fun of us.

That and its expensive and really far away

"IF YOU want to be the ULTIMATE predator you're gonna have to RAMP IT UP cause this is a RACE that NEVER ENDS"
-Cameron Hanes
Old 02-22-2013, 02:09 PM #458
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOT3R USA View Post
Yall make it so no one new wants to go the gym.

We don't know what the <del>****</del> we're doing. Dont act all elitist and make fun of us.

That and its expensive and really far away
Don't go to the gym then? You can get in pretty good shape doing pullups, pushups, sprints...

You won't build obscene amounts of muscle. You'll get in pretty damn good shape though.

████████████████████████
Old 02-22-2013, 02:20 PM #459
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Don't go to the gym then? You can get in pretty good shape doing pullups, pushups, sprints...

You won't build obscene amounts of muscle. You'll get in pretty damn good shape though.
New people at the gym isn't a big deal as long as you have common sense. He also has a point about the elitist duchebaggery. I don't go to my university gym for that reason.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:22 PM #460
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
New people at the gym isn't a big deal as long as you have common sense. He also has a point about the elitist duchebaggery. I don't go to my university gym for that reason.
I was more aimed at his comments about it being far and expensive. Bottom line unless you have a very high level of will power beginning a gym regimen when getting to the gym is pretty inconvenient has a high chance of failure.

████████████████████████
Old 02-22-2013, 02:27 PM #461
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
I was more aimed at his comments about it being far and expensive. Bottom line unless you have a very high level of will power beginning a gym regimen when getting to the gym is pretty inconvenient has a high chance of failure.
Ohhh that makes sense, my bad.

I always tell people if you can force yourself to go for like 2 weeks and get it part of your routine, it gets easier. At least that worked with me.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:27 PM #462
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
Grab some headphones and just go and do your own thing.
Closed Thread