PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 01:07 AM #211
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Drummer, **** Atlanta sports. I didn't realize how bad y'all had it until I became a Hawks fan.

The truly unfortunate ones are the Georgians with Braves/Falcons/Hawks/Bulldogs loyalties. That's a lot of torture right there.
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2013, 01:18 AM #212
casultytosociety
BlacMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06 View Post
Dear casualty,
GSU just beat UF in extras

With love,
tchs_drummer06
nice. was this the game where we were down 6-1 and came back? i saw a fb post that said something like this today or yesterday. dunno why i started dgafing about baseball once i moved here even though i know kids on the team. who pitched for us?
Old 02-21-2013, 01:29 AM #213
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
Drummer, **** Atlanta sports. I didn't realize how bad y'all had it until I became a Hawks fan.

The truly unfortunate ones are the Georgians with Braves/Falcons/Hawks/Bulldogs loyalties. That's a lot of torture right there.

ďThe trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so.Ē - Ronald Reagan

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." - Alexander Hamilton
Old 02-21-2013, 01:51 AM #214
$og$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
This seems like a weak draft. Also a weak cover class if Lacy is picked.

according to a lot of draft guys this draft is beyond deep if you go inside out. Line on both sides is stacked, defensive back is pretty stout, then it starts to level out after that. I'll see if I can find the article citing mayock on it.

Quote:
Says the dude that uses this thread as his personal blog. How about instead of *****ing about how much you hate school and changing teams every few days, you actually contribute something worthwhile? Until then, get off my dick, irrelevant poster.

Soccer moms work out, athletes train.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:00 AM #215
Subucni
GOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants57 View Post
Kelly please just shut the **** up. I imagine Kelly as being SEC guy every time he posts and read his posts in SEC guy's voice. I like Alabama and Nick Saban as a program, they've built a damn powerhouse, but the logic when you post things just never seems to not leave me putting my head in my hands.
Quote:
Says the dude that uses this thread as his personal blog. How about instead of *****ing about how much you hate school and changing teams every few days, you actually contribute something worthwhile? Until then, get off my dick, irrelevant poster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm001 View Post
Quote:
That was SEC level posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
Never thought I'd say this but well done Kellster.
LOL

that was great

Auburn Tigers
New Orleans Saints
New York Yankees
Old 02-21-2013, 02:05 AM #216
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by $og$ View Post
according to a lot of draft guys this draft is beyond deep if you go inside out. Line on both sides is stacked, defensive back is pretty stout, then it starts to level out after that. I'll see if I can find the article citing mayock on it.
There's just not much high end talent. Especially at QB. I feel sorry for teams drafting a quarterback this year. The one I think I like the most is Nassib from Syracuse. I didn't see many 'Cuse games, but the ones I saw he largely kept them in it and he seemed to put up quality numbers. He looks like a pro prospect, but he still doesn't really wow me.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:13 AM #217
$og$

None of the QBs wow anybody this year, and theres good reason for that. I mean, if you're looking for a QB, look elsewhere, but there is 3 rounds chock full of talent at a lot of positions that havent come easy in the past few years. Obviously, and you know this as well as anyone, everyone is always quick to dismiss a draft based on lack of flashy players. Last year was all the rage RG3 or Luck, and everyone kind of missed the part where guys like Matt Kalil, Bruce Irvin, and Derek Wolfe who all had really, really, good seasons this year went almost un talked about even during the season. No one impacts the game like a QB, we can all acknowledge that (to what degree QBs impact the game can be debated however). But guys like Kalil? Road graders. Monsters, that can absolutely maul defensive guys and get running backs rolling. Hell, if I"m cleveland, I'm looking to upgrade almost 4/5ths of my line. If youre going to draft a RB high, give him a chance and put some beef in front of him.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:37 AM #218
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Yeah, after looking over some mocks there's some talent along the lines. Some guys with upside at DL like S. Floyd, S. Richardson, and that kid from Utah. Not too many high profile pass rushers, though. Moore had a great year with the Aggies and both of LSU's ends look like solid pros, but aside from Jarvis Jones, I don't know if there's other high end talent at pass rusher.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:08 AM #219
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

10 year anniversary of the The Station nightclub fire that killed 100 people in Rhode Island. Y'all always remember to look at exits when you're in a crowded public place. In an emergency scenario, most people panic and only think to go out the way they came in, even if there are closer exits near them. It's amazing how fast those fires can spread, especially with the new material used in housing and the like.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:12 AM #220
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

SHOOT3R USA is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
10 year anniversary of the The Station nightclub fire that killed 100 people in Rhode Island. Y'all always remember to look at exits when you're in a crowded public place. In an emergency scenario, most people panic and only think to go out the way they came in, even if there are closer exits near them. It's amazing how fast those fires can spread, especially with the new material used in housing and the like.

"IF YOU want to be the ULTIMATE predator you're gonna have to RAMP IT UP cause this is a RACE that NEVER ENDS"
-Cameron Hanes
Old 02-21-2013, 05:31 AM #221
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

I mean, that **** is just so true.

"IF YOU want to be the ULTIMATE predator you're gonna have to RAMP IT UP cause this is a RACE that NEVER ENDS"
-Cameron Hanes
Old 02-21-2013, 05:32 AM #222
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

Sorry guys, I'm a little ****ed up. I did 4 snuss pouches and had 2 mike's hard lemonade last night. Im geekin

-Cameron Hanes
Old 02-21-2013, 06:31 AM #223
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

Quote:

There aren't any real UGA fans. They're all bandwaggoners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casultytosociety View Post
nice. was this the game where we were down 6-1 and came back? i saw a fb post that said something like this today or yesterday. dunno why i started dgafing about baseball once i moved here even though i know kids on the team. who pitched for us?
Yea, we gave up five in the fifth and one in the sixth to go down 7-6 before scoring one in the 9th and one in the 12th to win.

Cant remember who pitched. I got into baseball in 08 at GSU. We usually have a pretty good team.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:44 AM #224
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
Yeah, after looking over some mocks there's some talent along the lines. Some guys with upside at DL like S. Floyd, S. Richardson, and that kid from Utah. Not too many high profile pass rushers, though. Moore had a great year with the Aggies and both of LSU's ends look like solid pros, but aside from Jarvis Jones, I don't know if there's other high end talent at pass rusher.
I don't know if this years draft is as underwhelming as it feels, or if we are all just in such awe of what last years class did that this years class is being put up against impossible standards.
"Originally posted by PballPlayerô: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 02-21-2013, 06:49 AM #225
$og$

Quote:
The Dr.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:34 AM #226
jdm001
will randomly type lyrics

jdm001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jdm001 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdm001 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
There aren't any real UGA fans. They're all bandwaggoners.
As a long time resident of the state, I can concur with this.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:39 AM #227
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
There's just not much high end talent. Especially at QB. I feel sorry for teams drafting a quarterback this year. The one I think I like the most is Nassib from Syracuse. I didn't see many 'Cuse games, but the ones I saw he largely kept them in it and he seemed to put up quality numbers. He looks like a pro prospect, but he still doesn't really wow me.
Nassib is a great prospect but needs a lot of work. Big East to NFL is a huge jump, and he's gonna need time to adjust and learn.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:41 AM #228
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Paintnoob 4 funniest avvy.
"Originally posted by PballPlayerô: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 02-21-2013, 07:45 AM #229
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Lou Dogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I almost cried laughing when I stumbled that Beyonce pic with Nicholas Cages face photoshopped on

Big_Dangerous: "Has anyone here ever let a chick **** them with a strapon?"
Old 02-21-2013, 07:46 AM #230
Imnothungry

Quote:

oh, atlanta fans have it rough? WONDER WHAT THAT IS LIKE...

Quote:
Yea, we should go back to using asbestos...

new building materials are fine it has more to do with ****ty building design and bad fire control/prevention systems. i used to work in construction/remodeling when i couldn't find a job and its insane how many companies cut corners with the fire prevention ****. i think that venue was over sold too (actually not sure about it for this one, might be thinking of that other fire).

besides, if you have bad enough taste to go see a Great White show you probably are poop person so nothing of value was really lost.

Last edited by Imnothungry : 02-21-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:59 AM #231
PeYToN-SS
dat fro

PeYToN-SS is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Atlanta is a bad pro sports town, largely because its a transplant city. Its great for college football since there are so many SEC/ACC grads. The Braves ownership hasn't really been willing to spend money ever since Ted Turner sold the team. Turner field is in a pretty awful part of town and there is no subway station in the area so the only way to get there is by car. I don't follow the Hawks so I don't know what their excuse is. I went to a Hawks/Heat game 2 years ago and it was probably 70% Heat fans.
Closed Thread