Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-18-2013, 05:53 PM #1
mig-29051

etek4 question, funky little oil leak

howdy, just un boxed and aired up my brand spankin new etek 4. i oiled the bolt a tiny bit as per the manual, and checked the rammer. it was good. like i said i aired it up, set it to uncapped semi and shot a couple of pods thru it. it was sweet, nice gun for half a grand. anyway i noticed a small amount of oil seeping up through area where the trig frame meets the body. not a lot but enough to take notice of it. whats the deal on this? is this just from where the solenoid is expelling air and some of the oil from the ram has seeped down or do i need worry, or take the trig frame off and check the manifold. anyone else with etek ever see this. the marker shoots fine and i dont hear any air leaking but i dont want to just ignore it unless its really just an etek thing. like i said gun is brand new, i didnt check frame screws as the manual says dont over tighten any thing on the marker, thought i would check here b4 messing with it further. thanx in advance guys.
4500 crossfire tank.
mig-29051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:15 PM #2
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

msweeneygt owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
msweeneygt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
msweeneygt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
You should be OK you probably just put too much oil on the bolt. Mine does the same thing except mine comes out the eye covers. Just don't put anymore oil in it.
Planet Eclipse Etek w/. Star frame, 08 Ego expansion board, Etek 2 regulator, Ego10 OOPS ASA, SLS Cure 3+ bolt w/. inserts, Zick kit, Kila detents, Violent thumbwheel, PE red laser eyes, Shaft 4 barrel kit w/. all backs and fronts, both Bump pistons.
V3 Dye Rotor w/. Virtue board
114/4500 Carleton w/. Myth reg

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T
msweeneygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:16 PM #3
dumdum597

its most likely just finding the easiest place to get the excess oil out if i was you i would go shot a few more pods through it and if it stops leaking you should be fine.
dumdum597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:57 AM #4
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
If you're putting oil on the bolt, 1 drop is the max you should place on the orings. You should NOT oil the bolt itself as it attracts dirt/dust--> breech wear--> paint/cycle inconsistences and in your case excess oil coming out between the frame.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote