Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-17-2013, 05:08 PM #1
Chrismeisterpmc
C-Nasty

Chrismeisterpmc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Chrismeisterpmc plays in the APPA D4 division
Thanks for a fun event!

Just wanted to say thanks to Asylum and Tapper for putting on a great event! Even though we didn't cut it this time we still had a great time. I also want to thank the refs for being excellent! They were on point all day! See everyone in April for race to 2!
Chris Hale #19
Chrismeisterpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:16 PM #2
iiiShootPPL
David H

I had an awesome time at this event. Best refs I've had in a long time. I loved how they swept in front of the bunkers between points . I'll definitely be there for the next event. Thanks for hosting a great event asylum.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:13 PM #3
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator supports Team VICIOUS
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
I only had one bad call, unfortunately it ended the tournament for my team. Which if you really think about it makes Asylum look bad when the home teams come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Zepulkinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 PM #4
devan22

devan22 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
devan22 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepulkinator View Post
I only had one bad call, unfortunately it ended the tournament for my team. Which if you really think about it makes Asylum look bad when the home teams come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Oh here we go

Paintball Asylum
devan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:16 PM #5
GanjaPalooza
Double D

Annual Supporting Member
GanjaPalooza owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
GanjaPalooza plays in the APPA D4 division
GanjaPalooza has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Great facility, and very well done to MSXL for keeping the schedule tight and rolling. I have been to tournaments with 1/3 of the teams and took just as much time.

Quote:
Mehhhh. Just makes me think APPA isn't doing what it's supposed to all that well.

IMO, it definitely looks good for Asylum lol.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:29 PM #6
bechtco65
Paintball Asylum

bechtco65 plays in the PSP
bechtco65 plays in the APPA D3 division
Guys I got one bad call myself. The refs are hard on us. If any of u could do better jump in and ref yourself. I think they did great. We practice harder than anyone out there. My team played their hearts out. Nobody gave us anything. Im so sore I cant bed off the couch lol
Old 02-17-2013, 09:37 PM #7
m3th0d
Zach ZeGo Greenwood

m3th0d plays in the PSP
Quote:
Doesn't look bad on anyone but you... Step up your game
m3th0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:42 PM #8
98Pro
Asylum 502

98Pro plays in the PSP
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
98Pro plays in the APPA D3 division
Great day of play overall, best refs at any event I've ever played, good competition. Paint shot AWESOME. I'm glad Asylum made sure the indoor was plenty warm.
"Alright you guys are my ginger crew, you gotta act hard af" - Todd Martinez
Play SEPS!
98Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:00 PM #9
curt12

curt12 plays in the APPA D4 division
great event, great refs, good times! see yall at the next r2
btw we played the 2nd & 3rd place teams(d4) and believe me they earned it! Good job to everyone that played

MEN NEEDED FOR LOCAL REBELLION!
curt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:03 PM #10
Xfactor1331
Proving Grounds Or Die.

Xfactor1331 plays in the PSP
Xfactor1331 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Xfactor1331 plays in the APPA D3 division
Now the new generation of MSXL players step in! lets see how this goes!!!
Josh Pookie Powell Fan #1
PG RISE FOREVER
Xfactor1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:30 PM #11
caliguy8070

caliguy8070 plays in the PSP
caliguy8070 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
caliguy8070 posts videos on PbNation
caliguy8070 plays in the APPA D4 division
Thanks to all the refs! Best reffing staff I've seen in a long time! Thanks to Kenny and Darin. You guys make it happen every event and just wanted to say thanks for all you guys do. On a side note, first time I've seen an owner of a field out there, helping blow paint away from bunkers and wiping them off between points. You are a hard worker Kenny, two thumbs up!!!! One more thing. Was so impressed that the games were either perfectly on time or way early. That has to be a new record lol. Again great job to the Staff and Reffing crew!!
caliguy8070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:42 PM #12
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaPalooza View Post
Great facility, and very well done to MSXL for keeping the schedule tight and rolling. I have been to tournaments with 1/3 of the teams and took just as much time.

Mehhhh. Just makes me think APPA isn't doing what it's supposed to all that well.

IMO, it definitely looks good for Asylum lol.
They did a fantastic job at keeping it rolling, and the heating was nice.

What about the APPA? You lost me...?

Think harder than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bechtco65 View Post
Guys I got one bad call myself. The refs are hard on us. If any of u could do better jump in and ref yourself. I think they did great. We practice harder than anyone out there. My team played their hearts out. Nobody gave us anything. Im so sore I cant bed off the couch lol
I literally ref every weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3th0d View Post
Doesn't look bad on anyone but you... Step up your game
Talk to me the next time you are at Xtreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRELV13 View Post
Thanks! Everybody that worked the tournament had been running around since about 5 or 6 that morning lol. Glad you all enjoyed it!
I hate hearing this. I paid to play there and drive to be there (as did most teams), I had also been up since 5 or 6 that morning. Cycle in refs or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy8070 View Post
Thanks to all the refs! Best reffing staff I've seen in a long time! Thanks to Kenny and Darin. You guys make it happen every event and just wanted to say thanks for all you guys do. On a side note, first time I've seen an owner of a field out there, helping blow paint away from bunkers and wiping them off between points. You are a hard worker Kenny, two thumbs up!!!! One more thing. Was so impressed that the games were either perfectly on time or way early. That has to be a new record lol. Again great job to the Staff and Reffing crew!!
This was nice to see pretty much all the employees busy.

Props where they are due. They were on the calls, just seemed VERY bias on some of them.

Last edited by Zepulkinator : 02-17-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:01 AM #13
paintballedge06

paintballedge06 plays in the PSP
paintballedge06 is an NCPA player
paintballedge06 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
They did a fantastic job at keeping it rolling, and the heating was nice.

What about the APPA? You lost me...?

Think harder than that.

I literally ref every weekend.

Talk to me the next time you are at Xtreme.

I hate hearing this. I paid to play there and drive to be there (as did most teams), I had also been up since 5 or 6 that morning. Cycle in refs or something?

This was nice to see pretty much all the employees busy.

Props where they are due. They were on the calls, just seemed VERY bias on some of them.
First off congrats on placing well but with that said I would like to point something out, Whenever a team is reffing a team they know or a home team you will ALWAYS catch them reffing harder on that team at these type of events. We personally play with those reffs almost every weekend and I can promise you they would do the same thing we would do if we reffed our young guys at a local tournament, we would be harder on them than anyone.

On a side not "one blown call" will NEVER cost you a game in a race to 2. If you add up all the prob should have been calls you had during the event (if your teammates want to own up to them or not ) it almost always evens out. Even if you played the most straight up ball ever and felt every hit and left exactly when you got shot every time (which again i'm sure not everyone did) one call never decides a race to 2 or a race to 4 event, granted they hurt but never decide them. What happened in the other game? What happened to the other guys on the field? Blaming the reff's is always the easy way out and is always the way people do when this situation happens.

Also, they have a right to say something about how long they had been there. Yes you paid, so did we. We got reff's that had been there since that 5 am and we didnt start playing till 3 and the finals game was played at like 730 pm, and they where STILL on point. Remember paintball is fast pace maybe from their view whatever happened happened as they called it. Also remember they had more reff's on that field than they needed to put on the field. Hell i dont remember if I've ever had that many at any psp event, and those guys worked their butts off so THANK YOU GUYS AGAIN.

People will always say they see bias when this happens and facts are I see those boys out there practicing against d2-d3 teams every weekend. Dont take anything away from them. Solid event ran by a solid staff and held at the most legit place possible. Thanks to all involved!
paintballedge06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:34 AM #14
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballedge06 View Post
First off congrats on placing well but with that said I would like to point something out, Whenever a team is reffing a team they know or a home team you will ALWAYS catch them reffing harder on that team at these type of events. We personally play with those reffs almost every weekend and I can promise you they would do the same thing we would do if we reffed our young guys at a local tournament, we would be harder on them than anyone.

On a side not "one blown call" will NEVER cost you a game in a race to 2. If you add up all the prob should have been calls you had during the event (if your teammates want to own up to them or not ) it almost always evens out. Even if you played the most straight up ball ever and felt every hit and left exactly when you got shot every time (which again i'm sure not everyone did) one call never decides a race to 2 or a race to 4 event, granted they hurt but never decide them. What happened in the other game? What happened to the other guys on the field? Blaming the reff's is always the easy way out and is always the way people do when this situation happens.

Also, they have a right to say something about how long they had been there. Yes you paid, so did we. We got reff's that had been there since that 5 am and we didnt start playing till 3 and the finals game was played at like 730 pm, and they where STILL on point. Remember paintball is fast pace maybe from their view whatever happened happened as they called it. Also remember they had more reff's on that field than they needed to put on the field. Hell i dont remember if I've ever had that many at any psp event, and those guys worked their butts off so THANK YOU GUYS AGAIN.

People will always say they see bias when this happens and facts are I see those boys out there practicing against d2-d3 teams every weekend. Dont take anything away from them. Solid event ran by a solid staff and held at the most legit place possible. Thanks to all involved!
I am going to start this by saying that I AGREE with you on many of these points.

Thanks for the compliment! It let us see where we were at, at the start of the season.

The call was on the third point. We won the first one convincingly, they won the second one convincingly. I was finishing up playing a 4 on 1 (I was the one) where I had shot 3 bodies and was battling the last guy. I had a ref run from the other side of the field where the other live player was and call me out. I ask him where? He points to my hopper, and I reply that Is bunker rub (I had two photographers take a picture of it), then the ref replies that he saw it spray off. So he was basically saying that he saw it spray off, when the refs from the side of the field was on didn't see any reason to call me out (at this point it was a 1 on 1, and there were how many refs on the field?) but the ref on the other side of the field did? And when I ask him where he replies to bunker rub which was OBVIOUSLY rub, then says it sprayed off?! He didn't come and check me, he just called me out. Can you see where I felt cheated?

This is where I felt cheated. Even if we had gotten past that and got our butts handed to us on a platter (which we probably would have lol). It would have felt liked we walked away with our heads held high. The way it ended left a sour taste in my mouth.

I agree that our team shouldn't have let it get to that third point.

I understand that completely. I went down there and staffed for a team that played the pump division and their games didn't start till 7pm. Refs were dead tired, and sportsmanship definitely suffered.

I am not taking anything away from the teams that won, good job on the wins boys. I know that it is not the players fault when a ref decides to make a bad call.

Last edited by Zepulkinator : 02-18-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:14 AM #15
Tapper

The Asylum D3 teams came in last and next to last. Come on guys what happened there. They actually went from last to 1st back to last again as the day progressed. I promise you these refs are harder on the home teams than the visitors for one thing they are instructed to be for the simple fact we don't want anyone being able to claim home cooking.

For all those who have been MSXL refs in the past you already know this. For those speculating we will also have Full Time PSP refs overseeing each event with no affiliation to Asylum whatsoever.

Email: axpspaintball@bellsouth.net
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.net

Last edited by Tapper : 02-18-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:01 AM #16
SkInNyB
B GATES

Annual Supporting Member
SkInNyB is a Supporting Member
SkInNyB plays in the USPL
SkInNyB plays in the PSP
SkInNyB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SkInNyB plays in the APPA D3 division
Refs were great, event was great.
FREE AGENT

R.I.P. CPL Zach Nordmeyer, Jordan Bowles
FBC
SkInNyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:17 AM #17
BBHustla
Everyday I'm Hustlin'

Annual Supporting Member
BBHustla supports Empire
I just want to thank everyone for a good experience playing at MSXL.

Coming from Indiana, it was our second time playing at Asylum. Even though we got our ***** handed to us and just couldn't finish, we still had a good time. Hopefully Impulsive will be ready next time.

Oh and in regards to the ref'ing. I think they did fine. We thought they might be a little bias to the local teams, but didn't seem that way. Oh and we had a few laughs at the ref on the snake side. Our snake player doesn't like you humping his leg every time you check him for a hit.

Congrats to the teams that won.
IMPULSIVE #27

Other Stuff for SALE!!
BBHustla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:01 AM #18
Poopshooter210
Patrick Hensley

Poopshooter210 plays in the PSP
Poopshooter210 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Poopshooter210 plays in the APPA D3 division
Thanks for an awesome event, we had no issues with reffing.

Clap City All Stars

Empire Paintball l www.Trademygun.com
Poopshooter210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:04 AM #19
98Pro
Asylum 502

98Pro plays in the PSP
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
98Pro plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHustla View Post
I just want to thank everyone for a good experience playing at MSXL.

Coming from Indiana, it was our second time playing at Asylum. Even though we got our ***** handed to us and just couldn't finish, we still had a good time. Hopefully Impulsive will be ready next time.

Oh and in regards to the ref'ing. I think they did fine. We thought they might be a little bias to the local teams, but didn't seem that way. Oh and we had a few laughs at the ref on the snake side. Our snake player doesn't like you humping his leg every time you check him for a hit.

Congrats to the teams that won.
Lol... That would be awkward... "Get out d.... Wtf get off my leg bro"
"Alright you guys are my ginger crew, you gotta act hard af" - Todd Martinez
Play SEPS!
98Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:14 AM #20
poopinonyou

Great refs.. great facility... Great warm up for the season ...thanks Kenny
Old 02-18-2013, 01:15 PM #21
skeleton2135
I went to Disney

Annual Supporting Member
skeleton2135 is a Supporting Member
skeleton2135 supports Cereal Killerz 2
skeleton2135 donated to help Peyton Trent
skeleton2135 helped look for balloons
skeleton2135 supports Team VICIOUS
Darrin and Kenny, thank you so much for running such a great event. I was really glad to see how well the reffing stepped it up. It was great. Paint shot great, no problems. I applaud you guys.
ONE and Only one new idea: Put a speaker tied to the PA system in the staging area. It will eliminate teams from feeling they have to press into the field for fear of missing their game.
Thank you so much for what you do for this sport. Temper your complaints with all the compliments. Some complaints are valid and should be listened to, at least they are talking and not leaving and never coming back. You should be proud of how your represent paintball. Thank you, Mark
Weekend Warriors Website weekendwarriorspaintball.net
Don't pick a fight with a old man...If he's too old to fight he'll just kill you.
all that and a bag of chips...Addy made me
If you make something idiot proof...someone will make a better idiot.
skeleton2135 is offline   Reply With Quote