PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-17-2013, 11:06 AM #1
wendelltsai
Windows 9527

Paintball Dive fail...

So at some point in my paintball playing time.. I started diving instead of sliding in snake.

When I first start diving I didn't know how to dive.. so I landed on my elbows hard and possibly landing on part of my marker/regulator/air-tank. I was so worried that air tank just flew right off like some of the videos I've seen. I still don't know how to check if my marker is alright, but it shoots

One of my buddy recently dived and landed on his elbows, and face down landed. Except he said he landed so hard that he thought he dislocated his left shoulder. Luckily he didn't, but he is currently experiencing shoulder ache and suspect he's pulled the muscle in his shoulder. What should he do?

Anyone has their first few times paintball diving experience they wanna share?
wendelltsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2013, 02:45 PM #2
SilentBall55

I don't dive. Look at diving videos. Players smash their face into the ground, knock off hoppers and break guns.

I prefer to slide or tuck down low as possible. I can still shoot targets this way.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:55 PM #3
xXhunter47Xx

xXhunter47Xx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xXhunter47Xx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'd rather do a super cool cleat lift slide, when you lift all your weight off your cleats to allow some slidage action. But you're going for snake so that wouldn't work.

But if I ever dived like that I think I would just faceplant and lay there.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:05 PM #4
Worldofpaintball

Dive!!!!! Be careful though
Worldofpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:14 PM #5
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
Start low, as you run tuck so you aren't hitting the ground from 5+ feet up. Keep your gun hand palm up because that will naturally keep your barrel tipped up so you don't core sample. You should be trying to move forward, not down so you shouldn't be hitting the ground that hard. If you're breaking guns/body parts, you're doing something very very wrong.

I played volleyball in high school so that's where I learned the technique of not just belly flopping onto the ground.