Community Focus

Old 02-22-2013, 06:24 PM #1
G4BALLER
that one HK kid..

G4BALLER owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
G4BALLER has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
G4BALLER has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Drone Vs ??

ok i need your help guys! drone dx or axe?!?!?
Shaft 4 Barrel
G4BALLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2013, 06:45 PM #2
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D3 division
both great guns. I have owned and shot both for awhile. I shot my drone more though. Cant really go wrong with either.

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:38 PM #3
Mark S.
CHOWDAH

Mark S. works for a Paintball manufacturer
Mark S. plays in the APPA D4 division
You can't argue with the fact the Axe is a solid performer for the money, but I just can't get past the feel. I don't like how they feel in my hands.

The Drone however, feels very comfortable to me. You get a lot of gun for the money with the Drone. At $429, I personally think that it's the best value out there right now. It has a very simply designed drivetrain that is easy to maintain and performs very well.

The link in my sig has Drones in stock and all have the updated GT solenoid and updated PSP burst software (no worries about getting one that happens to be old stock somewhere else).
Mark S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:53 PM #4
jswing

jswing has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Shot a friends brand new drone today - thing was super smooth and pretty quiet. I also agree with Mark S. that it feels better in the hands than the axe IMO, and the drive train is straight forward. Couldn't attest for any efficiency comparisons since I haven't shot either at length.
jswing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:57 PM #5
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
id take the drone

axe works well but i just dont like the feel and the stock axe does not shoot the smoothest butttt thats preference.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:23 AM #6
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

For me, being the MacDev fan I am, this was a hard decision to make as well. Unlike some of the other posters, I actually like the feel of the axe in my hand. The grips are amazing, the front milling fits well, no macroline and an extremely simple toolless bolt removal. Add a lurker eigenbolt and you have a gun that is smoother than most $1300+ spools and is capable of pinching paint. Factor in the fact that parts for axes are friggen everywhere and are dirt cheap and it makes it an even tougher decision.

Stock vs Stock, I believe the drone wins every time. When cost and features are factored in you've got an even harder decision to make, add a boss/ lurker bolt and it's a coin toss.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:23 PM #7
acabello72

acabello72 is BST Legit
acabello72 is playing at Living Legends VII
acabello72 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I agree with blue. I've owned both. You do in fact get a lot of gun for the money with the drone. Can't argue it. My axe just feels great in my hands. I have large hands and the grips are amazing. The foregrip feels great as well. All of these are personal preference tho. Don't ever go by what people tell you. Go pick up both and decide for your self.
I got lucky. I picked up a bnib axe for 350 so with the lurker bolt the prices are comparable. They're both great. Honestly. Ill lend you the quarter I used to flip lol
acabello72 is offline   Reply With Quote